Bart Scott

Bugg

Bills had 70 offensive snaps.

The numbers don't lie. Bart Scott-

0 sacks

0 assists

0 tackles.

1 obnoxious postgame rant.

Instead of running his mouth, perhaps he could've made a play or 2 on that last Bills' drive, or any Bills' drive.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bart Scott has not been making plays Im sure hes doing his job within the scheme but he has got to make some plays and hes not. I think hes beginning to break down as a player taking on 300 pound players consistently like he does has got to take a toll on you and hes been doing it for years since he had the same role in Baltimore. I think the guy is spent to be honest. hes like the equivelent of a 350 touch per year running back at some point you have to move on. Too keep that fire around make him a LB coach when he retires.

Also remember we were in our nickel and dime all day. Scott comes out for that. With that said , at his price tag it's hard to justify someone who comes out.

I think he was a better player when he played outside with the ravens.

I Can't Wait for him to make a play....seriously though, in what we are running in terms of LB scheme, he is doing what he is suppossed to. The problem is, when the offensive play breaks down and/or shifts away from the point of attack, he looks really slow and soft.

Been thinking about this, in Rex's D the LB's are the play makers. The line is to take up blockers and the CB's are in single coverage so the LB's are free to make plays. I know this is the complete simple version but I think it is close. If our playmaking LB can not make plays then no wonder this D is in trouble. I think Scott slowing down and Thomas getting hurt really hurt us.

Scott redirected Spiller several times leading to tackles for losses. No stats on any of these plays. I'm sure Cromartie showed up better on the stat page but he isn't even a football player.

Scott plays and hits so hard it amazing he's lasted this long. He will not be easy to replace. Nor should it be a priority with gaping holes at Safety and OLB.

Bart Scott is a heart and soul player who should be beloved by Jets fans for his effort and leadership.

Also remember we were in our nickel and dime all day. Scott comes out for that. With that said , at his price tag it's hard to justify someone who comes out.

I think he was a better player when he played outside with the ravens.

Agreed. Dude commands A LOT of coin to be a situational defender.

As much as I love the guy, I agree with this. He barely sees the field anymore.

As much as I love the guy, I agree with this. He barely sees the field anymore.

I said this in another thread, but considering the fact that Scott's biggest fan in Rex is sitting the guy as much as he is, I think the writing is on the wall. The speed of these linebackers is clearly an issue, and I think there's a very real possibility the Jets will be looking at replacements for both Thomas and Scott this offseason.

I said this in another thread, but considering the fact that Scott's biggest fan in Rex is sitting the guy as much as he is, I think the writing is on the wall. The speed of these linebackers is clearly an issue, and I think there's a very real possibility the Jets will be looking at replacements for both Thomas and Scott this offseason.

I agree and it will show us if Rex is capable of parting ways with players he should part ways with. Scott is close to done IMO Thomas after such a severe injury at his age should not even be a consideration. Im curious to see how Rex handles Scott.

scott's position is extremely important and he does it very well.. if you can't justify it, you don't understand the philosophy of the scheme

Scott does do his job well in respect to the scheme but he has to make some plays as well and hes not doing that like he has in the past. One dimentional either way is not a good sign

Those aren't the issue to me. The fact that Bart gets taken out in coverage packages is damning to me. I like Bart, but part of the problem with the D is that they need better coverage linebackers. Keep Bart at less pay, but for a one dimensional player, no.

The thing that is different though is that Bart is a leader on this team, so I would prefer the Jets keep him. See Philadelphia minus Brian Dawkins

Those aren't the issue to me. The fact that Bart gets taken out in coverage packages is damning to me. I like Bart, but part of the problem with the D is that they need better coverage linebackers. Keep Bart at less pay, but for a one dimensional player, no.

The thing that is different though is that Bart is a leader on this team, so I would prefer the Jets keep him. See Philadelphia minus Brian Dawkins

This issue with me is that Scott doesn't do jack, is highly paid and cannot cash checks that his mouth writes.

Scott does do his job well in respect to the scheme but he has to make some plays as well and hes not doing that like he has in the past. One dimentional either way is not a good sign

i'll agree, he is becoming one dimensional... still serves his purpose, i'd rather restructure than let him go

What a completely retarded thread. I get it, it's trendy to rag on every small thing you can dream up with the Jets. I get it, Bart Scott had one bad game. But have you been watching this guy all year? He plays his a$$ off and is one of the few individual bright spots on this defense. Watch the film of the Denver game for Christ's sake.

I imagine Bitonti would rather replace him with Dewayne Robertson.

team player for coming out for a specific game plan. Sitting on the sidelines this week while we played mostly nickel and dime will surely help him in future weeks. He has missed a few tackles this year but noone is perfect. Maybe it has something to do with the limitations in practice maybe it has something to do with teh madbacker. Lets give him the benefit of the doubt for a week or two imo.

What a completely retarded thread. I get it, it's trendy to rag on every small thing you can dream up with the Jets. I get it, Bart Scott had one bad game. But have you been watching this guy all year? He plays his a$$ off and is one of the few individual bright spots on this defense. Watch the film of the Denver game for Christ's sake.

As an outsider I think you are wrong as Bart Scott has been invisible in just about every game this season. The last "play" he made was picking up a fumble against the Broncos and he was lucky to make that play as he was in the right place at the right time.

I dont think anyone here wants to rag on Scott I certainly dont but I think the guy is beginning to break down a bit

I actually like Scott...however, he has lost more than a step, and with the NFL going toward bigger and faster TE's, LB play will not only be about how good a scheme is but if the LB can do multiple things, the last truly great multi-faceted LB was the kid at KC (the guy who died a couple of years back).

Bart Scott is done. He needs to take a significant pay cut or he will be cut. It's time for us to put more speed and get a coverage LB.

I recall Jason saying his contract is guaranteed next season. It was part of the deal with him taking a pay cut for 2011 so we could go shopping for another $11-12M/year CB. Or something like that.

Archived