Santonio Holmes and Mark Sanchez feuded in meeting led by quarterback last week

Jetfan13

Too put things mildly, you are disillusioned.

If you think you can grab nuggets from "Hard Knocks" and actually equate that to how players practice, how they fit in the team, you are mistaken.

I am going to break your heart here a little-Ron Howard is not as nice as he seems when he played Richie Cunningham on Happy Days.

Heart not broken.

Rex named him captain. Obviously he saw something...

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I meant as far as his coaches.. all I've seen or heard with regards to how he's being instructed involves checking down, punting, taking the sack etc. They've emasculated him.

Why do you think both Pennington and Sanchez have said that a possession that ends in a punt is ok? It's because that's what their "teachers" have been drilling into their heads.

If you are a decent QB its not OK but if you are Sanchez the punt is better than playing soft toss with defensive lineman?

Heart not broken.

Rex named him captain. Obviously he saw something...

If you actually listened to Rex's PC yesterday you'd know that the captains thing probably wasn't his idea. I think Woody wanted captains and Rex gave it to Holmes hoping it would make him grow up and act responsibly.

If you are a decent QB its not OK but if you are Sanchez the punt is better than playing soft toss with defensive lineman?

you'll get no argument from me there.. his play on Sunday was an abomination.

difference is I simply refuse to believe that's all he'll ever be. I think the NYJ are about to have another Comeback Player of the Year on their hands at the QB position.

Now I KNOW you are just trolling for opinions here.

Rex stripped Captains yesterday. Obviously, Rex saw reality.

If you actually listened to Rex's PC yesterday you'd know that the captains thing probably wasn't his idea. I think Woody wanted captains and Rex gave it to Holmes hoping it would make him grow up and act responsibly.

He said he hates the captain thingy all together and he never should have done it. Feels it took away from the focus of the team. Not that he gave it to the wrong person/people.

He also named Sanchez captain, so what the hell is your point?

By default. He's the F'ing QB.

He said he hates the captain thingy all together and he never should have done it. Feels it took away from the focus of the team. Not that he gave it to the wrong person/people.

Is this another one of those times where you're making posts without knowing the facts?

Someone had just gotten done drilling Rex about Santonio and he clearly said he made a huge mistake with the obvious inference being the decision to make Holmes a Cpt.

You can't be serious with this.. are we getting punked?

Is this another one of those times where you're making posts without knowing the facts?

Someone had just gotten done drilling Rex about Santonio and he clearly said he made a huge mistake with the obvious inference being the decision to make Holmes a Cpt.

You can't be serious with this.. are we getting punked?

Yes, Jet fans are getting punked.

JiF is correct. Rex said it was a mistake to have captains. Yes, plural. When asked specifically about Revis and Pouha being the epitome of captains, Rex said they don't need the designation to be leaders. He's doing away with captaincy because it took away from the team concept.

Rex is an utter fool.

Yes, Jet fans are getting punked.

JiF is correct. Rex said it was a mistake to have captains. Yes, plural. When asked specifically about Revis and Pouha being the epitome of captains, Rex said they don't need the designation to be leaders. He's doing away with captaincy because it took away from the team concept.

Rex is an utter fool.

The initial line of questioning was regarding Santonio... Rex said he made a huge mistake then stopped himself before naming Santonio specifically.. I watched it. It was as clear as day to me who he was talking about.

The rest of it was spin to try and weasle out of singling out Holmes.

The initial line of questioning was regarding Santonio... Rex said he made a huge mistake then stopped himself before naming Santonio specifically.. I watched it. It was as clear as day to me who he was talking about.

The rest of it was spin to try and weasle out of singling out Holmes.

You needed him to almost slip up to let you know this was about Holmes??

apparently SMC and JiF do.

do they really think Rex would have gotten rid of Cpts if Holmes wasn't one?

Well neither of them are very deep thinkers, so not really surprised. You at least have enough street smarts to smell that bs for what it was..

i'm not saying holmes handled this right but i don;t blame him for being frustrated. sanchez and the offense suck.......

Yeah, but this is a PROFESSIONAL sport. PROFESSIONAL. Holmes can cry all he wants, but he was far from perfect this year.

Well neither of them are very deep thinkers, so not really surprised. You at least have enough street smarts to smell that bs for what it was..

It's comical that you give Rex the benefit of the doubt on intelligence when all he's shown himself is to be an utter buffoon.

What BS are you smelling?

This is the same idiot who had a public profile on a swinger site. Who did a foot fetish video. Who cursed out fans at the stadium and flipped the bird at an MMA event. Who freakin didn't even know Holmes had been benched.

Tannenbaum speaks with a forked tongue. Rex speaks with a mouth full of cheeseballs.

It's comical that you give Rex the benefit of the doubt on intelligence when all he's shown himself is to be an utter buffoon.

This is the same idiot who had a public profile on a swinger site. You did a foot fetish video. Who cursed out fans at the stadium and flipped the bird at an MMA event. Who freakin didn't even know Holmes had been benched.

Tannenbaum speaks with a forked tongue. Rex speaks with a mouth full of cheeseballs.

lol

Anybody want to consider the possibility that Sanchez holding the ball and not committing to throw to Santonio had something to do with Santonio running lazy routes and not getting open?

When the guy who is supposed to be your best receiver is playing lazy, its going to affect the QBs performance.

And I just want to make it clear that I am not absolving Sanchez of anything (EY, I am looking in your direction.) The kid has plenty of things that he needs to improve upon and Holmes' sh*tty attitude and lazy play are far from being the only reason for Sanchez's performance this year but it sure didn't help.

+1000000

If you remember from Hard Knocks. Holmes was taking all the young WR's under his wing, he was in on every single offensive meeting that offseason, QB's, WR's, RB's, OL - all of them. He was also on the sideline pleading to Rex that the team is too quiet and needs to be more involved. Not enough comradery and cheering on the team. This is the same guy who invented the fly boy. I think Holmes cares about this team and he realizes his QB is holding everyone back from achieving their goal and it finally boiled over when on the last week of the season when it was all but over (talk about too little too late), that little ******* puke model for a QB asked everyone to stay late as if it would keep him from getting 20 passes batted at the LOS or possibly intercepted by the DL...twice.

If Mark Sanchez was my QB, the second he dropped his arms to his sides, put his head down and started his little whiny trot back to the sidelines after handing the defense another 6 points - I'd beat the every living sh*t out of him...twice. Holmes had milder approach. I give him credit for that.

All that Holmes crap you mention occured before he got paid big dollars. As I have said before, I think having a bum like this is slowing Sanchez's progress the same way Tiki and Shockey retarded Eli's.

I can not believe people condoning Holmes acts - I know you people are on sanchez case with good reason but take the blinders off- Holmes actions are a cancer to the team- calling out coaches, players and acting like an idiot when he did make a TD or catch

Yep. The usual suspects. Unbelievable and mainly agenda and attention driven.

This is the same idiot who had a public profile on a swinger site. Who did a foot fetish video. Who cursed out fans at the stadium and flipped the bird at an MMA event. Who freakin didn't even know Holmes had been benched.

haha, that was pretty funny.. But I think it's pretty clear this was because of holmes

All that Holmes crap you mention occured before he got paid big dollars. As I have said before, I think having a bum like this is slowing Sanchez's progress the same way Tiki and Shockey retarded Eli's.

I dont buy this and dont get why everyone points to Eli and what not when comparing to Sanchez. Eli had a worse season statistically the next year without those 2. The Giants just happened to get hot, have a lights out defense and win the SB on the luckiest play ever next to the immaculate reception. Eli didnt get to the next level till like 09.

As for Holmes changing after the money. You might be right. Who knows. We surely never will. Its not like he's pulling a Haynesworth.

Yep. The usual suspects. Unbelievable and mainly agenda and attention driven.

Why cant I just have a different opinion?

I dont buy this and dont get why everyone points to Eli and what not when comparing to Sanchez. Eli had a worse season statistically the next year without those 2. The Giants just happened to get hot, have a lights out defense and win the SB on the luckiest play ever next to the immaculate reception. Eli didnt get to the next level till like 09.

As for Holmes changing after the money. You might be right. Who knows. We surely never will. Its not like he's pulling a Haynesworth.

Why cant I just have a different opinion?

You can. I enjoy most of them but on Holmes you are dead wrong and I think you know it. As for Sanchez, we both agree he cost us the play-offs but disagree on giving up on a QB after year three. We'll see how it plays out.

The Holmes nonsense....I think you just latched onto it and defended it in a round about way as a extra tool against Sanchez.

You can. I enjoy most of them but on Holmes you are dead wrong and I think you know it. As for Sanchez, we both agree he cost us the play-offs but disagree on giving up on a QB after year three. We'll see how it plays out.

The Holmes nonsense....I think you just latched onto it and defended it in a round about way as a extra tool against Sanchez.

Probably. Or maybe I just totally feel his frustration.

Holmes has every right to be frustrated.

Holmes had NO right to do what he did or act the way he has.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but...

AREN'T THE PLAYER\PLAYERS MAKING ANONYMOUS COMMENTS TO THE MEDIA BEING JUST AS DESTRUCTIVE TO THE TEAM CONCEPT AS HOLMES WAS?

I mean, it doesn't take a genius to see that the Jets are strapped to Santonio Holmes by contract and the media hoopla only depreciates the value the Jets may get THUS EFFECTING THE TEAMS PLAY ON THE FIELD!

Different action---Same Dooshbaggery, NO?

Wow. Delusional Holmes lovers abound and I just got through the first page of posts. Holmes is a bad person. Everyone hates Holmes. Holmes quit on his team. He has been a distraction and a cancer. He has made a mockery of being a captain and made Rex look like a huge idiot. He hasn't worked hard, hasn't performed and hasn't even looked as good as Jeremy Freakin Kerley the last few weeks. He has made terrible plays, turned the ball over, and gotten stupid egomaniacal penalties while single-handedly turning a huddle into a cage-match. Must be Sanchez' fault. Seriously.

Holmes is a punk, don't excpect much of him anyway. Thats the way the league is now, ghetto attitudes permeate all the teams. What, Tanny didn't know this when he signed him? Holmes must of got real pissed off when he found out a DE for the other team had more receptions than him. This is a QB driven league&Sanchez is a little pop-gun QB who struggles to throw for 200 yrds. It gets frustrating after a while. The Yankees didn't fight with each other in the 70's while winning 2 World Series? If Holmes was on GB, Saints or Pats he'd be tearing up the league&he knows that. Hey, sh*t happens man.

Holmes is a punk, don't excpect much of him anyway. Thats the way the league is now, ghetto attitudes permeate all the teams. What, Tanny didn't know this when he signed him? Holmes must of got real pissed off when he found out a DE for the other team had more receptions than him. This is a QB driven league&Sanchez is a little pop-gun QB who struggles to throw for 200 yrds. It gets frustrating after a while. The Yankees didn't fight with each other in the 70's while winning 2 World Series? If Holmes was on GB, Saints or Pats he'd be tearing up the league&he knows that. Hey, sh*t happens man.

Bwhahahaha.

Its like not giving Iverson the ball during a 10 minute scoring drought.

Awwww poor Santonio is frustrated... Fcuk HIM ! I find it funny with all the issues this offense has we can still point at the QB as being the one whos frustrating the Idiot Santonio.

No protection and its looking more and more like his so called "Main WR" does not even give a flying ****. But the reason why, in the heads of the Sanchez haters, is it must be Sanchez fault. There were plenty of games this year where Santonio was NOT TARGETED and you all know this is exactly how Shotty reacts to players who dont get the job done . Like I mentioned in anothe thread remember last year when Shotty pulled Shonn Greene in game 2 and benched him ? Much easier to do that with a player making no money much harder to do it with a player making 50 mil so maybe at times Shotty just stoped calling his number creating more frustration which eventually just deteriorated to what we saw in the last game of the season. You add all this drama up and people expect Sanchez to grow and perform ? This team has A LOT of issues on offense and its becoming clear its more than just the talent level or just the QB or Just the O-Line . This is just one big mess and it seems to me this has been brewing for months.

Awwww poor Santonio is frustrated... Fcuk HIM ! I find it funny with all the issues this offense has we can still point at the QB as being the one whos frustrating the Idiot Santonio.

No protection and its looking more and more like his so called "Main WR" does not even give a flying ****. But the reason why, in the heads of the Sanchez haters, is it must be Sanchez fault. There were plenty of games this year where Santonio was NOT TARGETED and you all know this is exactly how Shotty reacts to players who dont get the job done . Like I mentioned in anothe thread remember last year when Shotty pulled Shonn Greene in game 2 and benched him ? Much easier to do that with a player making no money much harder to do it with a player making 50 mil so maybe at times Shotty just stoped calling his number creating more frustration which eventually just deteriorated to what we saw in the last game of the season. You add all this drama up and people expect Sanchez to grow and perform ? This team has A LOT of issues on offense and its becoming clear its more than just the talent level or just the QB or Just the O-Line . This is just one big mess and it seems to me this has been brewing for months.

hahaha.. "in the heads of sanchez haters, it must be his fault"... proceeds to type a paragraph as to why it was really all schotty's fault..

Archived