Let's Face It Guys, This Is A Nightmare Year For Jets Fans

SoFlaJets

One more year of having to watch the Patriots in a Super Bowl AND there is a really great chance that it could also be a replay of February 3rd 2008-our crosstown rival and our most hated rival vying for the Lombardi-somebody wake me up from this bad dream PLEASE....

oh yea and adding to that is the notion that Brian Schottenheimer WILL be back unless the Jaguars are crazy/stupid enough to hire him as their head coach. One more year of Mark Sanchez turning the ball over at LEAST once a game which gives our opponents points...oh God...does anybody see any silver linings on the future cloud-line, or am I being overly fatalistic?

I think, we have a great shot at signing probably one of the best QB's in the history of the game. Granted it will be risky business with his creaky neck and all, but I think with Sanchez as his backup it can work....afterall it's not about Sanchez and his ego, its about the team....we will be fine.

Jimmy, this year actually does not surprise me. Back to back AFCC games, 3 in a row is almost unheard of, a lock-out, key injury on the OL early ( and since he was actually Woodys replacement means we had the 3rd stringer playing), getting old by adding Plax and Mason ,Holmes, #1 running back issue never addressed, HOLMES, tough early schedule, HOLMES, no big surprise....but just wait till next year (cough,cough)

I have said before the season is over but the soap opera is just starting -- I am embarassed to be a fan right now but of course it's not the first time -- Anyway looking ahead to who we play I would be suprised if this team did not come back in a big way next year but who the Hell knows. Who stays who goes who we get blah blah blah. It will be a very interesting off season for us probably the most interesting in a very long time -

I have said before the season is over but the soap opera is just starting -- I am embarassed to be a fan right now but of course it's not the first time -- Anyway looking ahead to who we play I would be suprised if this team did not come back in a big way next year but who the Hell knows. Who stays who goes who we get blah blah blah. It will be a very interesting off season for us probably the most interesting in a very long time -

but the sad and scary part of it all for me sm57 is that IF...IF we bring back the same offensive system and offensive coordinator that it won't matter who the new starting safties or the new RT or pass rushers are because nothing will really change-we will NEVER go to a super bowl with the same cast of characters coaching these players-never...and we'll still be listening to Rex Ryan talking about how he's going to win a super bowl here...I frigging HATE feeling this way-with no hope that maybe, just maybe things will get better next season-at this point, as of January 9 2012 I just can't foresee anything good coming.

I don't know, maybe we CAN get Peyton Manning for a year or two-maybe Brian Schottenheimer DOES get a job somewhere else, maybe it was all BECAUSE Sanchez really WAS hurt in that Denver game and that's why we went from a fanbase that believed that any game was winnable with Sanchez leading us to one that sat there watching, and WAITED for him to fumble the ball away and the defender to pick it up and run it in or for him to throw a pick 6. Even Rex's vaunted defense, we all KNEW they couldn't make the critical stop with the game on the line unless either the receiver dropped the sure TD or the QB threw the ball right at Revis...

Man I HATE being this kind of a Jets fan and it's not because I'm a negative person or a Sanchez "hater" I base this all on WHAT WE HAVE AND STILL ARE seeing...

One more year of having to watch the Patriots in a Super Bowl AND there is a really great chance that it could also be a replay of February 3rd 2008-our crosstown rival and our most hated rival vying for the Lombardi-somebody wake me up from this bad dream PLEASE....

oh yea and adding to that is the notion that Brian Schottenheimer WILL be back unless the Jaguars are crazy/stupid enough to hire him as their head coach. One more year of Mark Sanchez turning the ball over at LEAST once a game which gives our opponents points...oh God...does anybody see any silver linings on the future cloud-line, or am I being overly fatalistic?

I honestly cannot see the Pats with that defense going to the Super Bowl. I might be one of the few who thinks Denver will give them a game and I do think that if the Ravens beat the Texans they will go to New England and beat the Pats in their house again to get to the Super Bowl.

The Giants are going to be more interesting in that if they can run the ball like the did yesterday they absolutely have a shot of getting to the Super Bowl. If they can limit the amount of times a team like Green Bay or New Orleans touches the ball with long drives they will be a force to be reckoned with.

As far Schotty is concerned. There is NO WAY he is back next year. I think the Jets are being nice right now and saying all the right things in the hopes of Schotty landing another job but if he doesn't I will be stunned if they don't fire him.

Yeah this year is turning into nighmare scenerio for this Jet fan- Jets had a nice 2 year run though.

Please no Pats-Giants Superbowl

I am rooting for Baltimore and packers/Saints

I could not possibly be less worried about the Giants making the Super Bowl. There is absolutely zero chance they go on the road and pick up victories at both Green Bay and NO. Neither of those teams are going to have their offense pull a complete no-show like the Falcons did. The Pats making it on the other hand, is unfortunately a very real possibility. The AFC playoff picture is a pretty sad state of affairs and with the Ravens sucking a$$ on the road, our only hope isn't such a good one.

I honestly cannot see the Pats with that defense going to the Super Bowl. I might be one of the few who thinks Denver will give them a game and I do think that if the Ravens beat the Texans they will go to New England and beat the Pats in their house again to get to the Super Bowl.

The Giants are going to be more interesting in that if they can run the ball like the did yesterday they absolutely have a shot of getting to the Super Bowl. If they can limit the amount of times a team like Green Bay or New Orleans touches the ball with long drives they will be a force to be reckoned with.

As far Schotty is concerned. There is NO WAY he is back next year. I think the Jets are being nice right now and saying all the right things in the hopes of Schotty landing another job but if he doesn't I will be stunned if they don't fire him.

This year was a combination of events...I am convinced. I really don't want to give up on Sanchez, but we need a new OC. We need a fast DE to pass rush. We need big-strong and quick safeties.....and we need Rex to learn from his mistakes from this year, and then take the next step to become a good HC, and we need Sanchez to step up and live up to the contract, be a leader and take us to the next level. Now, what happens if we find out in a month the Manning is available?

I know some will say it's another Favre or its a stupid move, but is it really?

I can say, if Manning becomes available we need Tanny to work his money magic skills, and get this guy. But I really want Sanchez on this team too.

This year has been a nightmare. I am a Penn State fan, and watching that whole disaster unfold has been awful (not to mention sickening).

Now the Jets have suddenly gone from being respected (finally) to returning to being the butt of jokes. All the talk from Giants fans has compounded it.

The last few weeks have been absolute misery.

Yeah this year is turning into nighmare scenerio for this Jet fan- Jets had a nice 2 year run though.

Please no Pats-Giants Superbowl

I am rooting for Baltimore and packers/Saints

I think the Giants will lose next week. Tebow is a perfect opponent for Pats. Someone who will not roll over that porous defense. I have no faith in Flacco, though. Unless the Ravens can ram it down their throat, the Pats are in good shape.

This year has been a nightmare. I am a Penn State fan, and watching that whole disaster unfold has been awful (not to mention sickening).

Now the Jets have suddenly gone from being respected (finally) to returning to being the butt of jokes. All the talk from Giants fans has compounded it.

The last few weeks have been absolute misery.

The talk from Giant fans is in response to the premature talk from Jet fans. Gotta win something before you can talk trash. Obviously, the Giants are still New York's team. Jets have a lot of work to do to change that. And not with their mouths.

The talk from Giant fans is in response to the premature talk from Jet fans. Gotta win something before you can talk trash. Obviously, the Giants are still New York's team. Jets have a lot of work to do to change that. And not with their mouths.

Giants fans (especially the older ones) have had it in for us since the day Rex was hired. Part of that is because he stole their thunder in the local media. But also I think it has to do with his father, who's Eagle teams were always the blemish on what many Giant fans consider their Golden Age: the Parcells Years. Buddy Ryan's Eagles (with Randall Cunningham, Seth Joyner, Reggie White, etc) always gave Parcells' Giants a hard time, and I think they still hate him for it, and that hatred carried over to his sons.

All the talk from Rex only intensified it.

Giants fans (especially the older ones) have had it in for us since the day Rex was hired. Part of that is because he stole their thunder in the local media. But also I think it has to do with his father, who's Eagle teams were always the blemish on what many Giant fans consider their Golden Age: the Parcells Years. Buddy Ryan's Eagles (with Randall Cunningham, Seth Joyner, Reggie White, etc) always gave Parcells' Giants a hard time, and I think they still hate him for it, and that hatred carried over to his sons.

understand what you are saying, but I do not feel Giant fans care too much about headlines. Rex and his mouth infuriated the league, not just Giant fans. He was pretty brash about how the Jets were New York's team. In the meantime, the Giants just went about their business- QUIETLY. Who is the better team? And what organization is run better and built for long-term success? Shockey bitches and moans, traded. Burress shoots himself...see ya. The Giants are run by football people. The Mara family is one of the most respected families in football- awesome ownership that would NEVER tolerate the antics in Jet land. A GM with a football background, with a Vince Lombardi trophy on his resume. Nah, Giant fans could care less about Rex and his mouth.

Buddy Ryan did get the best of those Giant teams, but the Giants won two Super Bowls during that time. Eagles? None. I would rather win the war and not the battle.

understand what you are saying, but I do not feel Giant fans care too much about headlines. Rex and his mouth infuriated the league, not just Giant fans. He was pretty brash about how the Jets were New York's team. In the meantime, the Giants just went about their business- QUIETLY. Who is the better team? And what organization is run better and built for long-term success? Shockey bitches and moans, traded. Burress shoots himself...see ya. The Giants are run by football people. The Mara family is one of the most respected families in football- awesome ownership that would NEVER tolerate the antics in Jet land. A GM with a football background, with a Vince Lombardi trophy on his resume. Nah, Giant fans could care less about Rex and his mouth.

Buddy Ryan did get the best of those Giant teams, but the Giants won two Super Bowls during that time. Eagles? None. I would rather win the war and not the battle.

You are making an extraordinarily flawed association here. The Giants as a team are absolutely very well run, but that has absolutely nothing to do with their fans. Their fans are a bunch of whiny douchebags who, considering how much better their team historically is, have a really pathetic complex when it comes to the Jets, and that started before Rex ever got to town. It doesn't just stop at their fans, for all the crap the Jets get for their talking, just look at how much the Giants players run their mouths and endlessly whine about the Jets every time these teams play each other, including the preseason. Tuck couldn't stop throwing a hissy fit and had to make sure he bragged about how his ring as a backup player was more impressive than Rex's ring as an assistant coach.

The fact that the Giants have been so well run and had the kind of success they have just make all of this nonsensical obsession they have with our team that much more sad, be it by the fans or players.

The Rex Ryan Era is starting to look a lot like the Buddy Ryan reign in Philly. The HC is almost indifferent to the offense to the point dereliction. When the head coach ahs no idea his top WR whom he amde a captin ahs been benched, we have a problem. And worse, Ground and Pound is going backward in a passing league. You can win 8-11 games and get in the playoffs, but you aren't winning anything.

Totally disagree. Jet fans run mouths with nothing to back it up. If anything, Giant fans are cocky- they know they have a better team. The Jets have an inferiority complex, being the second team in New York, and if they can't prove it on the field, they run their mouth. I have NEVER heard Coughlin talk anywhere near as much as Rex, even after winning a Super Bowl.

All summer long I heard how Sanchez was better than Eli. Who would you rather have? Eli has backed up his words as being an elite QB. The Jets ended their Super Bowl season with their coach crying. Better luck next year.

The Rex Ryan Era is starting to look a lot like the Buddy Ryan reign in Philly. The HC is almost indifferent to the offense to the point dereliction. When the head coach ahs no idea his top WR whom he amde a captin ahs been benched, we have a problem. And worse, Ground and Pound is going backward in a passing league. You can win 8-11 games and get in the playoffs, but you aren't winning anything.

Couldn't agree more Bugg. Great association between Rex and Buddy. I never saw it like that, but you are absolutely right. How can Rex not know Holmes is not on the field? And, more generally, how can he let his OC call the plays he was calling without saying "Hey, Shotty, let's run the ball more". That is what a head coach does, and Rex was too fixated on the defense.

Totally disagree. Jet fans run mouths with nothing to back it up. If anything, Giant fans are cocky- they know they have a better team. The Jets have an inferiority complex, being the second team in New York, and if they can't prove it on the field, they run their mouth. I have NEVER heard Coughlin talk anywhere near as much as Rex, even after winning a Super Bowl.

All summer long I heard how Sanchez was better than Eli. Who would you rather have? Eli has backed up his words as being an elite QB. The Jets ended their Super Bowl season with their coach crying. Better luck next year.

Again, you're making an entirely flawed association between the teams and the fans. It doesn't matter how much Rex or Coughlin talk, it means absolutely nothing about how the fans act. The fact is, when the Jets are winning I don't know a single Jets fan who could give a flying **** about the Giants or what they are doing. Meanwhile, almost every Giants fan I know is so obsessed with the Jets that no matter how their team is doing, what's always most important is how it measures up compared to the Jets. Don't get me wrong, I don't think it makes any freakin' sense at all, but it's absolutely true.

Who knows, maybe part of the difference of perspective is living in NJ and being surrounded by far more Giants fans than Jets, but this has absolutely been my experience without question, and for longer than Rex has been around.

Again, you're making an entirely flawed association between the teams and the fans. It doesn't matter how much Rex or Coughlin talk, it means absolutely nothing about how the fans act. The fact is, when the Jets are winning I don't know a single Jets fan who could give a flying **** about the Giants or what they are doing. Meanwhile, almost every Giants fan I know is so obsessed with the Jets that no matter how their team is doing, what's always most important is how it measures up compared to the Jets. Don't get me wrong, I don't think it makes any freakin' sense at all, but it's absolutely true.

Who knows, maybe part of the difference of perspective is living in NJ and being surrounded by far more Giants fans than Jets, but this has absolutely been my experience without question, and for longer than Rex has been around.

Sorry, I have never experienced what you experienced. Most Giant fans are pretty humble as far as I can see. Some talk...a lot, but not too many. I do remember a lot of talk from Jet fans and players alike that the Jets were the best team in MY and better than the Giants. And guess what? The Giants won the head-to-head match up and a playoff game. Today at work, with several Giant fans in close proximity, I have not heard any sh*t from them. Just "they played well and hopefully they can keep it going". No Jet trash talk. Sounds like your experience is different.

Sorry, I have never experienced what you experienced. Most Giant fans are pretty humble as far as I can see. Some talk...a lot, but not too many. I do remember a lot of talk from Jet fans and players alike that the Jets were the best team in MY and better than the Giants. And guess what? The Giants won the head-to-head match up and a playoff game. Today at work, with several Giant fans in close proximity, I have not heard any sh*t from them. Just "they played well and hopefully they can keep it going". No Jet trash talk. Sounds like your experience is different.

It's very possible I just hang around way too many douchebags. :-P

The Ryan era is JUST BEGINNING, friends. Unlike past Jets teams, this one isn't going to fade into the night. We are here to stay for years to come. Rex has a track record, don't let one underachieving season convince you otherwise. If the Jets make deep playoff runs in 2 of every 3 years like they have done under Rex for the rest of time, then I would be a very happy man. Hell, if they make those deep playoff runs in even two out of FOUR years, I would sign up for that any day as well!

Bottom line, if you want to judge this man, then please remember where we were BEFORE he came along.

yeah i'm sure these old guys are still sitting around crying about those late 1980s Eagles teams

You are not being overly fatalistic. I am depressed over this year. Rex's Animal House routine has gotten to me. Its time for the Jets to become a quality football team that contends every year. If we are smart we will bring in a QB who can really challange for the starting job. if he wins, the Jets win. If Sanchez retains the job in an open competition, the Jets win. BUT to meekly give him the job is wrong. He has to earn it the old fashione dway: Work for it! Happy New Year!

Why?

-A waste to give up on Sanchez

-Wed have to pay Peyton, probably give up picks for him too. I doubt they will straight up release him.

-Peyton could be one hit away from a season ender. Probably more delicate than ever.

-Our offense has never kept continuity with the WR corps let alone dedicated a lot of picks on the offense. Mark and the new OC need to be given the first two pick maybe....

Archived