LT on Sanchez- not lazy, pampered, needs weapons on offense, hates Santonip

Matt39

I think it is obvious that Holmes never had an attitude problem until Sanchez was his QB.

Really? Like duh.

LOL, wuh?

Holmes was a total dick in Pittsburgh and they got rid of him for a 5th rounder. The Steeler beatwriters had said at the time that the team had a good lockerroom except for 2 aholes. One being Big Ben and the other Holmes.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just want to get it straight. Sanchez's play this year is the result of plenty of hours put in studying and watching film and working on shortcomings?

Color me not encouraged by this.

And Holmes may very well be the biggest friggin' baby in the NFL. Shiny new $45M contract and he's still got the appeal of an old, fat, smelly, unkempt c**t.

This is what happens to every "player's coach" ever. There's a rate of diminishing return on taking the players off the leash. It always starts out great/good, always ends in chaos.

I think Rex realized that, thus bringing in Tony Sparano...good cop bad cop deal

LOL, wuh?

Holmes was a total dick in Pittsburgh and they got rid of him for a 5th rounder. The Steeler beatwriters had said at the time that the team had a good lockerroom except for 2 aholes. One being Big Ben and the other Holmes.

Oooh I thought this had run its course. Cool.

Holmes was awesome for them and that's why they were only willing to let him go for a highly coveted 5th round pick. Pittsburgh got Mike Webster with a 5th round pick so they know how valuable it is.

I have a big problem with it. If he's this great leader, then why didnt he do something about it during the season. He's going to lay all the laundry out now when he's probably not coming back? Thats pussy sh*t right there and the exact opposite of a leader.

At least McElroy has to show his face in the locker room again. Thats a man. Not some coward who's now dogged the only 2 teams he's played for...on his way out!

Its ******* gay and I'm back to having no respect for that little whiny bitch.

Give me a break. Who knows what he did or didn't do during the season and I've never heard LT appoint himself as any great leader. The whole things was an abomination. Who cares who's talking about it now.

Holmes was awesome for them and that's why they were only willing to let him go for a highly coveted 5th round pick. Pittsburgh got Mike Webster with a 5th round pick so they know how valuable it is.

The going rate for Super Bowl MVPs with attitude problems is a conditional seventh.

Too bad to hear all these stories coming out now. I think the guy it really paints in a bad light isnt Sanchez or Holmes, its Rex. This just validates everything the anti-Rex people say about how you cant be a long term successful coach using this style and its pretty clear Rex lost that locker room, no different than what happened with Herm in 2005. You knew during the year that the we are all the greatest ever schtick whenever there was a criticism made was bad and I think that needs to end, but guys are going to go after Rex in the media and I dont think its deserved yet. He has to change and allow his young guys to become leaders on and off the field, but he does have a bit of a track record. You dont do the 2 AFC title games by accident. For Tannenbaum I think he miscalculated the WR situation. I think the players resented the amount of money Holmes was paid and did not like that it helped lead to the departure of Braylon and Jerricho. In hindsight the Jets neded to keep one of those two players for the locker room.

Sarcasm doesn't work for you in this situation considering your well known stance on Sanchez.

I have a big problem with it. If he's this great leader, then why didnt he do something about it during the season. He's going to lay all the laundry out now when he's probably not coming back? Thats pussy sh*t right there and the exact opposite of a leader.

At least McElroy has to show his face in the locker room again. Thats a man. Not some coward who's now dogged the only 2 teams he's played for...on his way out!

The odds of LT being back aren't that much worse than the odds of McElroy being back at this point.

LT put his name on this and he has the Hall of Fame to look forward to. That says a lot, he could have kept quiet and exited stage left. Pretty cool that LT has Mark's back.

The odds of LT being back aren't that much worse than the odds of McElroy being back at this point.

LT put his name on this and he has the Hall of Fame to look forward to. That says a lot, he could have kept quiet and exited stage left. Pretty cool that LT has Mark's back.

He could have also helped end the rift as well...being a HOF'er and all

He chose to sit back and watch.....seems like he didn't like players taking shots at him out the door in SD, now he's doing the same here

STFU already, LT

Too bad to hear all these stories coming out now. I think the guy it really paints in a bad light isnt Sanchez or Holmes, its Rex. This just validates everything the anti-Rex people say about how you cant be a long term successful coach using this style and its pretty clear Rex lost that locker room, no different than what happened with Herm in 2005. You knew during the year that the we are all the greatest ever schtick whenever there was a criticism made was bad and I think that needs to end, but guys are going to go after Rex in the media and I dont think its deserved yet. He has to change and allow his young guys to become leaders on and off the field, but he does have a bit of a track record. You dont do the 2 AFC title games by accident. For Tannenbaum I think he miscalculated the WR situation. I think the players resented the amount of money Holmes was paid and did not like that it helped lead to the departure of Braylon and Jerricho. In hindsight the Jets neded to keep one of those two players for the locker room.

The only guy to ever get away with it was Jerry Glanville. Otherwise, I can't remember another true player's coach that was able to sustain success. IMO, Rex and Tanny need to flip the locker room and import some new, veteran blood. I just think the water is poisoned right now and way too many players have tuned Rex out. I'm sure they all love him, but I'm not sure they're buying in anymore en masse. If Rex is going to start turning the corner away from being "Fun Rex," I think it would help to start doing it in front of a substantially different group of players.

I think Rex realized that, thus bringing in Tony Sparano...good cop bad cop deal

IMO, that only works if Rex gets Sparano's back 100%. When Holmes basically handed the game to the Eagles this year, Rex came out and gave the old "he's a great player/competitor" speech, and again when Schottenheimer/Ellard pulled Holmes from the Miami game, Rex backed Holmes. If he brought in Sparano to import discipline, he needs to stop screwing around and trying to be everybody's best buddy.

Do you realize how hilarious it is that you're writing this post about LT after your endless defense of that vastly overrated douchebag of a WR, right? I'm really hoping for your sake it's a completely intentional means of messing with people.

Give me a break. Who knows what he did or didn't do during the season and I've never heard LT appoint himself as any great leader. The whole things was an abomination. Who cares who's talking about it now.

Really? Come'on Hess. Have you never seen his little rants before the games? Please. LT definitely thinks he's a leader. No, I dont know what he did or didnt do but I know I've heard nothing about either...so...

He was sticking up for the franchise QB by explaining the ******* utter mess of what was Rex's locker room.

So you throw 5 other people under the bus at the same time?

If he comes back, my opinion will change. If he doesnt, he's the same whiny bitch that trashed his team when he left San Diego. Exiting stage left would have been the appropriate thing to do. You dont throw everyone under the bus to defend one person. Especially the one who is the worst at his job.

Do you realize how hilarious it is that you're writing this post about LT after your endless defense of that vastly overrated douchebag of a WR, right? I'm really hoping for your sake it's a completely intentional means of messing with people.

Santonio Holmes has to face this team again. Currently, the same cant be said for LT.

I'm sorry. But this is a bitch move. If you cant see why, then I cant help ya's.

He just took all the heat off of Sanchez and put it back on Rex. The Jets should send him a thank you card.

Totally ******* agree.

JIF is full of wrong on this one. The best thing for the Jets is for this all to get flushed out into the open. He did the franchise a favor... Rex needs to focus on his team, not his press time. He's a ******* boob.

The only guy to ever get away with it was Jerry Glanville. Otherwise, I can't remember another true player's coach that was able to sustain success. IMO, Rex and Tanny need to flip the locker room and import some new, veteran blood. I just think the water is poisoned right now and way too many players have tuned Rex out. I'm sure they all love him, but I'm not sure they're buying in anymore en masse. If Rex is going to start turning the corner away from being "Fun Rex," I think it would help to start doing it in front of a substantially different group of players.

I think the hard thing for Rex is that his old locker room was basically policed by his guys like Bart Scott, Marques Douglas, etc...Plus you had a ton of guys playing in situations they hated (Mangini as head coach primarily) and Rex was a breath of fresh air. But those voices start to trail off the older they get. Some 23 year old kid or 28 year old hot head WR isnt going to care one bit about some 32 year old LB that comes off the field 40% of the time. When Rex got the job and they would go to the usual guys for soundbites they would say things like "Rex talks like us. He acts like us. Thats why we love him. Hes one of us." The problem with that is Muhammad Wilkerson isnt going to talk like Bart Scott or Trevor Pryce. Its a totally different generation. Rex really cut his teeth coaching all these guys in Baltimore. He basically grew up with those guys. I dont care what career path you have chosen, but most of the time 30 year olds think and act much differently than guys in their 20s. Rex is kind of like in no mans land. The older guys that didnt grow with him(Pace and LT for example) think he makes life difficult on them. The younger guys probably think they can walk all over him since every play they make is the greatest play in the history of the NFL. Its probably vastly different than the attitude they got when they screwed up in college.

Rex really screwed up with the pampering of the QB. He had to join himself at the hip with Sanchez and let Sanchez become a leader. The Steelers game managed Roethlisberger for years. They still kind of game manage him. But they let him go out there and become the leader of the team. The Jets have babied Sanchez and instead of letting the QB become a leader rely on DBs, Bart Scott and WRs to somehow be the voices of the locker room. Sanchez may have stunk no matter what but he really got a raw deal with the way they have babied him along.

Totally ******* agree.

JIF is full of wrong on this one. The best thing for the Jets is for this all to get flushed out into the open. He did the franchise a favor... Rex needs to focus on his team, not his press time. He's a ******* boob.

Its already out in the open. He's not saying anything ground breaking. I'm watching it right now, he's trashing the team after basically admitting he's never coming back. Its cowardly.

Why did he do nothing about this during the season? He's saying the players, the coaches...wtf did he do? i'm sorry. McElroy is a back up rookie, I could see why he wouldnt step up and start calling players out. But a HOF player? Come'on. Its a bitch move. Talking sh*t on his way out the door, thats a bitch move.

He did the same sh*t in San Diego. I'm sorry, but its lame.

Its already out in the open. He's not saying anything ground breaking. I'm watching it right now, he's trashing the team after basically admitting he's never coming back. Its cowardly.

Why did he do nothing about this during the season? He's saying the players, the coaches...wtf did he do? i'm sorry. McElroy is a back up rookie, I could see why he wouldnt step up and start calling players out. But a HOF player? Come'on. Its a bitch move. Talking sh*t on his way out the door, thats a bitch move.

He did the same sh*t in San Diego. I'm sorry, but its lame.

What I hate even more is a WR who decides to play all goody two shoes for one year in order to get a big fat contract, and then once he has that, decides to be the biggest punk around. THAT is lame.

What I hate even more is a WR who decides to play all goody two shoes for one year in order to get a big fat contract, and then once he has that, decides to be the biggest punk around. THAT is lame.

Even LT said it boiled over because of the losing streak.

You are really delusional. You just can not move off some subjects.

Why? We are debating what LT said...I just watched it. The players were keeping it under wraps until the losing streak.

Look Santonio pulled a punk move. You dont do that in the game but at least he has to face the music with his team. He aint riding out on his high horse throw salt all over the wound and never facing those guys in the locker room again. Its ******* lame bro. Totally uncalled for. He's a HOF player and been around the league a long time. You don think that has an effect on attracting FA's and things like that?

Why? We are debating what LT said...I just watched it. The players were keeping it under wraps until the losing streak.

Look Santonio pulled a punk move. You dont do that in the game but at least he has to face the music with his team. He aint riding out on his high horse throw salt all over the wound and never facing those guys in the locker room again. Its ******* lame bro. Totally uncalled for. He's a HOF player and been around the league a long time. You don think that has an effect on attracting FA's and things like that?

LT is reporting what he saw-Whether he broke a code or not, is for others to decide.

The issue here continues to be the childish behavior of a prima donna WR. Don't shoot the messenger if you don't like the message.

NY continues to be an attraction to FA's because of marketing and media appeal. FA's care about $$$$, not harmony. NY dollars are still equal to any other $$$$.

LT is reporting what he saw-Whether he broke a code or not, is for others to decide.

The issue here continues to be the childish behavior of a prima donna WR. Don't shoot the messenger if you don't like the message.

NY continues to be an attraction to FA's because of marketing and media appeal. FA's care about $$$$, not harmony. NY dollars are still equal to any other $$$$.

Well, I disagree. Its weak and its a bitch move. It certainly does have an impact but your right money would probably trump that.

If Sanchez was worth a damn and could get Holmes the ball, they would have a great relationship.

Well, I disagree. Its weak and its a bitch move. It certainly does have an impact but your right money would probably trump that.

If Sanchez was worth a damn and could get Holmes the ball, they would have a great relationship.

Aw Santonio is sad...poor baby! SO he throws a ****in hissy fit and throws his QB under the bus?

And you're defending this a$$hole?

Aw Santonio is sad...poor baby! SO he throws a ****in hissy fit and throws his QB under the bus?

And you're defending this a$$hole?

Jets have issues on offense. The Jets have a very talented explosive WR who does not get the ball. I'd like to see that play maker make plays because it will help our pathetic offense. Consequently, this will help the Jets win games. And I like that.

This is the LT I hate. The whiny little bitch who cried about everything in San Diego. Now he's on his way out and he's going to make these comments? Some leader he is. Why the **** didnt he step up during the season? He's going to say this all now when he probably will never be in that locker room again?

**** LT.

Did you even watch the interview?

Archived