The Super Bowl Features Two Elite Quarterbacks Again...

ZachEY

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since the Ravens have won the Super Bowl w/ Trent Dilfer... the following QB's have won the Super Bowl: Tom Brady 3 times, Brad Johnson, Ben Roethlisberger 2 times, Peyton Manning Eli Manning, Drew Brees, and Aaron Rodgers. I think it's safe to say an Elite QB wins you championships. Sigh.......

IF THE NINERS COULD GET TO WHERE THEY WERE TODAY AFTER 7 YEARS OF ALEX SMITH THEN WE WILL BE FINE WITH SANCHEZ. AND ELI IS PROOF THAT SANCHEZ WILL BE GOOD.

Just cause Eli turned out to be good after sucking doesnt mean our Model will have the same fate

Elite QBs dont grow on trees. Since and including the 2000 season, these have been the SB QBs:

Dilfer-Collins

Brady-Warner

Johnson-Gannon

Brady-Delhome

Brady McNabb

Big Benn-Hasselback

Peyton-Grossman

Eli-Brady

Big Ben-Warner

Brees-Peyton

Rodgers-Big Ben

Eli-Brady

So out of 24 slots, only 5 QBs have taken up 14 slots (Brady, Big Ben, Peyton, Eli& Warner). So wth Warer retired and Peyton in limbo, its pretty tugh toget toaSB uness you have Brady, Big Ben or Eli.

This.

How do you get there from here? Short of getting lucky in the Peyton sweepstakes, Sanchez will most likely be the best bet next year.

You don't go into a season saying a guy who's in the bottom 1/3rd is your unquestioned starter, nor with the mentality that you're going to run the ball to the Super Bowl.

The question/fear is that Rex's idea of how to win is antiquated. This is more the issue of this thread, as opposed to Sanchez.

While I think he's terrible, and the numbers pretty much back that up, it really goes beyond him.

You don't go into a season saying a guy who's in the bottom 1/3rd is your unquestioned starter, nor with the mentality that you're going to run the ball to the Super Bowl.

The question/fear is that Rex's idea of how to win is antiquated. This is more the issue of this thread, as opposed to Sanchez.

While I think he's terrible, and the numbers pretty much back that up, it really goes beyond him.

The thing is, Rex can evolve and he will. He has said stupid things and realy believe he knows the damage that does now. My point is he has been coaching for 3 years and has taken the team pretty far in two of them.

Based on what Jets coaches have done before him, he has earned the right to evolve imo.

He didn't exactly take over the Bill Walsh 49'ers.

IF THE NINERS COULD GET TO WHERE THEY WERE TODAY AFTER 7 YEARS OF ALEX SMITH THEN WE WILL BE FINE WITH SANCHEZ. AND ELI IS PROOF THAT SANCHEZ WILL BE GOOD.

Eli has much better football senseand equipment then Sanchez or Smith. Neither will hold his jock strap! Rex better get used to kissing Belichicks rings and looking at Giaints trpphies in our shared stadium. If Sanchez resembles anyone it is ALEX SMITH. o for 0 first downs!

The thing is, Rex can evolve and he will. He has said stupid things and realy believe he knows the damage that does now. My point is he has been coaching for 3 years and has taken the team pretty far in two of them.

Based on what Jets coaches have done before him, he has earned the right to evolve imo.

He didn't exactly take over the Bill Walsh 49'ers.

I'm not saying fire rex or anything like that. I'd fire Tannenbaum tomorrow if I had the ability, but that's another story.

I just think we're better off looking for a QB that can take a game on his shoulders than building an offense that you think doesn't require one. We keep seeing the same thing over and over again in the NFL, yet we're trying to be the statistical anomaly. There are plenty of good QBs in this league not named Brees, Rodgers, Manning, and Brady. Build a great team around a good QB and we're fine. Try to build an elite team around a crap QB, and you end up with what we've got. A team that when clicking perfectly, can contend, but if all the other factors aren't playing at a high level, you're dead. We saw that twice today.

I'm not saying fire rex or anything like that. I'd fire Tannenbaum tomorrow if I had the ability, but that's another story.

I just think we're better off looking for a QB that can take a game on his shoulders than building an offense that you think doesn't require one. We keep seeing the same thing over and over again in the NFL, yet we're trying to be the statistical anomaly. There are plenty of good QBs in this league not named Brees, Rodgers, Manning, and Brady. Build a great team around a good QB and we're fine. Try to build an elite team around a crap QB, and you end up with what we've got. A team that when clicking perfectly, can contend, but if all the other factors aren't playing at a high level, you're dead. We saw that twice today.

This. You think Texans would've gone farther if Matt Schuab was healthy for them?

It's scary and depressing but the above captioned is probably the most intelligent post on JN....ever.

Ground and Pound in 2012!

Oh give me a break. Were it not for an overtime turnover on special teams, Alex Smith may very well be in the Superbowl right now. Were it not for Lee Evans or Billy Cundiff, the Ravens might very well be there with Joe Flacco as well. It was not Brady who put the Pats over the top, nor Eli that did it for the Giants.

GROUND N POUND all the way.

Sanchez haters are laughable and predictable. They say we need a different QB in 2012 but never provide any realistic scenarios in which we actually acquire a new franchise/elite QB. Manning and Brees aren't happening.

I'm not a Sanchez backer and am all for an upgrade, but there are many holes on this team and just switching out the QB won't make this team an instant contender, no matter who it is.

So if the Niners don't fumble away the game do you still post this thread?

This. YOu can either get the one variale, the QB, that overrrides evertyhing. Or build around him with a whol mes of other variables. But as with Alex Smith or Joe Flacco, your margin for error is simply too low; something ialways goes wrong.

Sign Brees. Give up 2 #1s. Figure the rest of it out. Because watching Pick 6 pout like a little girl who's lollipop fell into the dirt again is crap.

And the next time Tannebaum scouts his alma mater up in UMass watch when a WR has 4.3 speed instead of looking at tackle eligible sh*tty OL guys. It's official; watching Victor Cruz go undrafted while we pick Dukie-asse in the 2nd round boggles my mind.

Sanchez haters are laughable and predictable. They say we need a different QB in 2012 but never provide any realistic scenarios in which we actually acquire a new franchise/elite QB. Manning and Brees aren't happening.

I'm not a Sanchez backer and am all for an upgrade, but there are many holes on this team and just switching out the QB won't make this team an instant contender, no matter who it is.

Exactly....

The Giants had been an abortion on Defense all season. They get Tuck healthy and Osi back to team up with JPP and all of a sudden the Giants D starts to click. Same with the Pats. They start getting pressure on the QB and their defense gets alot better.

You can have the elite QB all you want. I'll take the good QB and the big time defense.

Archived