I have never seen a more overrated player than Wes Welker

Matt39

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5 yard out, 5 yard out, 5 yard out....Super Bowl on the line, through the hands.

Moss made his career. Choke artist.

He's averaging 100 catches, 1000 yards the past 5 years as a slot man, including this year where there was no Moss. Thats ridiculous dude. Yes Moss was a threat of concern, but Welker overrated? Yes he didnt have an all star performance in the SB, but saying that this guy is overrated is like saying Chrebet was overrated. Wes has been a nightmare for every team in the league and is one of the best slot receivers ever. His performance tonight simply shows how well the Giants match up against the Pats. Something the jets need to learn from.

Lets get a 4-3 defense and get some edge rushers. Players do their job and we'll be able to take over this division.

I'm not even sure that drop was his fault. Looked to me like it was either Brady's throw or Welker's route. The placement was definitely not where it needed to be, but could be for either of those 2 reasons.

I think it was on Welker but Brady could have made a better pass. I bring this up because I watched Brady talk about it after the game. He just said, I have faith in Welker and he makes that catch almost every time.

I was thinking, how about being a leader here Brady? Welker had already come out saying this loss was all on him. How about Brady steps up and says that he could have made a better throw?

If Brady stepped up and made Welker feel better he could have saved poor Welker's mustache. Now We had to shave it off because he was so upset. Why Tommy, why? Why is it that Wes Welker's mustache had to pay the ultimate price?

Is that what it is to be a leader? To take the blame for someone else's mistake? Maybe sometimes it is, idk. Then again, if Tom puts too much blame on himself, he just looks like a false modest arrogant prick imo.

That is what a leader would do. Tom is an arrogant prick. The ball should have been caught. That said, the pass wasn't 100% perfect.

I think it was on Welker but Brady could have made a better pass. I bring this up because I watched Brady talk about it after the game. He just said, I have faith in Welker and he makes that catch almost every time.

I was thinking, how about being a leader here Brady? Welker had already come out saying this loss was all on him. How about Brady steps up and says that he could have made a better throw?

If Brady stepped up and made Welker feel better he could have saved poor Welker's mustache. Now We had to shave it off because he was so upset. Why Tommy, why? Why is it that Wes Welker's mustache had to pay the ultimate price?

Brady was behind his man at several key points tonight.

5 yard out, 5 yard out, 5 yard out....Super Bowl on the line, through the hands.

Moss made his career. Choke artist.

Dude not for nothing but he has been great since Moss left.

However, he is not Moss....clearly.

He's averaging 100 catches, 1000 yards the past 5 years as a slot man, including this year where there was no Moss. Thats ridiculous dude. Yes Moss was a threat of concern, but Welker overrated? Yes he didnt have an all star performance in the SB, but saying that this guy is overrated is like saying Chrebet was overrated. Wes has been a nightmare for every team in the league and is one of the best slot receivers ever. His performance tonight simply shows how well the Giants match up against the Pats. Something the jets need to learn from.

Lets get a 4-3 defense and get some edge rushers. Players do their job and we'll be able to take over this division.

Settle down Villian its just Jets fans. of course when you comepare the rest of the league to our elite bunch of studs you can understand why jets fans rip other teams players that have made a living eating us up year in and year out

It's a fair point. He averages about 5YPC less than anyone comparable to him in total yards.

It's a fair point. He averages about 5YPC less than anyone comparable to him in total yards.

He's a good slot WR that plays with an elite QB on a pass happy offense.. Put him on a team with a bad QB and he's not catching 100 passes

Brady threw the ball over the wrong shoulder (or, at least not the one that Welker was expecting it on). Welker had to make an adjustment, which caught him off balance, this the ball goes of his hands.

He certainly could have caught it, but his QB could have helped him on that.

Manning on the other hand, was throwing bullets. They were lasers.

Brady threw the ball over the wrong shoulder (or, at least not the one that Welker was expecting it on). Welker had to make an adjustment, which caught him off balance, this the ball goes of his hands.

He certainly could have caught it, but his QB could have helped him on that.

Manning on the other hand, was throwing bullets. They were lasers.

Eli is unbelievable...he's right behind Rodgers and Brees right now. Brady's starting to look like an old Larry Holmes.

Is that what it is to be a leader? To take the blame for someone else's mistake? Maybe sometimes it is, idk. Then again, if Tom puts too much blame on himself, he just looks like a false modest arrogant prick imo.

I don't get it, are you saying Welker is a leader for taking the blame for Brady's sh*tty throw?

That is what a leader would do. Tom is an arrogant prick. The ball should have been caught. That said, the pass wasn't 100% perfect.

It was hardly the only pass like that either. It's the one that's going to get the most publicity because of the impact, but the truth is Brady once again put up a less-than-impressive postseason performance, having poor placement numerous times throughout the game. Not to mention he was solely responsible for the fact that the Pats didn't need only a FG on that last drive.

Eli is unbelievable...he's right behind Rodgers and Brees right now. Brady's starting to look like an old Larry Holmes.

Eli needs to learn how to show up for the first 3 quarters of his games. If his defense has a bad game his team is done for, which is exactly why they needed 9 wins to get them into the playoffs to begin with. Sorry, he's good, but he's still got a ways to go before he's close to either of those two.

Archived