RIP Tucker

Maxman

Very sorry to hear that Phil. I'm convinced I'll need therapy after that little knucklehead my daughter asked me to "take care of for awhile" departs. You get so attached to them, especially when they're aces like Tucker was for you.

I'm with Jimmy on the re-connect. Meantime you can give that love to another creature ...

Bummer. I feel for you, pal. My dog Jack is 13 and he only has a few months left at best. He'll be the second "best friend" I've had to put to sleep in my lifetime. It's a sad, hollow-gut kind of feeling. I explained to my son that Jack has gotten old. and he'll be crossing the Rainbow Bridge to a good, happy place where he can chew rawhide and chase bunnies until we meet him again. I'm sure Tucker is chewing on a bone, or bunny, right now. Best wishes.

hang in there.

Tucker is 'up there now' picking out a new 'pup to be' for you. He's telling the pup 'you will have it great. The guy in Green is a softie'

We had already picked out the new pup. So trust me the house is never quiet...he knows we are in good hands. :)

Thanks though. I flew to Vegas for business the next morning. I am at that airport now, really looking forward to getting back home to see the kids.

Had to say goodbye to a long time friend late this afternoon. Rest in Peace Tucker, you were the best dog ever.

It is unbelievable how much this actually hurts.

very sorry for your loss... it is unbelievable how much it hurts to lose a friend like that.

yup ,I have done it 3 times as a adult now, and my 4th Collie is now 10 yrs old so sadly we are approaching that point

i used to raise shepherds. and always had dogs since i... was born, really. but the last one... i couldn't face that again. couldn't look at another pup.

now i have cats. stupidly thought the attachment wouldn't be as strong, but...

Archived