MIA DE Quinton Coples

CAR DT Fletcher Cox

BUF DE Courtney Upshaw

KC DT Dontari Poe

SEA LB Luke Kuechly

AZ CB Dre Kirkpatrick

Dal OG David DeCastro

PHI OT Cordy Glenn

Jets are on the clock... In some sort of Freaky Friday scenario you have switched bodies with Mike Tannenbaum for 15 minutes on draft day.

Who do you pick? Choose your own adventure!

Purposefully making this a somewhat worst case scenario board for the Jets.

No Trent Richardson or Justin Blackmon falling to 16, as if by miracle (when does that ever happen to the Jets?)

Other possibilities for write in votes: next best OT (Adams, Martin), next best DE (Mercilius, Curry, Branch) next best QB (Tannehill), next best DT (Still)

In this scenario, I'd take Floyd.

Mark Barron isnt worth the 16th overall pick. I saw a lot of him this season, good player but benefits from a dominating front 7. Think he'll be toast in the NFL.

I wouldnt be butt hurt if Hightower is the pick, but I dont think you take an ILB that isnt a sure thing that high.

Nick Perry will get man handled in the 3-4. He wont be able to shed blocks. Great in space, not so good in small areas.

Dont like using that high of a pick on someone protecting the strong side.

And Brockers is too much of a wild card to take at 16.

In this scenario, take Floyd and WR is set for the next 5 years.

Nick Perry will get man handled in the 3-4. He wont be able to shed blocks. Great in space, not so good in small areas.

Even in a 4-3, Perry will be lucky to be an average NFL DE. Way too limited in ability and technique for the pro game. Highly over rated.

The one thing I like about this poll is tht it is a worst case situation for the Jets. The thing I like about it is there is still three players left that I would be happy with at 16.

Reiff, Floyd, and Perry. Perry is border line because I didn't want him until the combine. He might be another of those boom or bust guys.

I would go with Reiff. Think he starts from day one, and for the next 10 years

Floyd is the safest bet, although he does not fill the biggest immediate need. Still, I would go with BPA -- and that is Floyd by a fairly wide margin.

I think WR #2 is a fairly big need. But I agree, I picked him because of BPA being the the pass rushers I currently want are off the board (Upshaw, Ingram).

Even in a 4-3, Perry will be lucky to be an average NFL DE. Way too limited in ability and technique for the pro game. Highly over rated.

Agreed. I'd take Mercilius over him. And if this scenario went down but it included Floyd off the board, that would be my pick.

Ideally in this situation I'm trying as hard as possible to trade back, I got 15 minutes to do this, if I can't trade back I'm taking....

If I look at BPA, throwing everything else out its Janoris Jenkins CB N. Florida.

By strictly NEED it's Whitney Mercilus

If I combine both it's probably Micheal Floyd, and after Sunday I would have to look real hard at Stephen Hill to.

As far as Barron is concerned, he is a SS, we have E. Smith, and will prob resign Leohnard, and can get by at that position for 2012, it's FS we need in the worst way, I try and address this either in FA, or in rounds 2-4. Also not to mention 2013's Safety class is really strong could have 3 go in 1st round, I would be awfully pissed if we passed on an Ed Reed type of Safety next draft because we reached for a Safety this year in the 1st. Barron wouldn't be in the top 3-5 in next years Safety class, he might be the best S in this draft might (I don't think so) that doesn't mean he is worth a 1st round pick.

I know I'm in the minority but I don't care I think it will be Stephen Hill

I agree but i think the Jets could trade out of the pick if someone is available that another team wants, get another mid round pick for doing so, and grab Stephen Hill with a pick somewhere in the 20-25 range. I would love nothing more than to see the Jets do this then sign Braylon and have 2 6-4 WR's .

Im also wondering if a RB like Rainey will be available in the second round. Any thoughts?

Ideally in this situation I'm trying as hard as possible to trade back, I got 15 minutes to do this, if I can't trade back I'm taking....

If I look at BPA, throwing everything else out its Janoris Jenkins CB N. Florida.

By strictly NEED it's Whitney Mercilus

If I combine both it's probably Micheal Floyd, and after Sunday I would have to look real hard at Stephen Hill to.

As far as Barron is concerned, he is a SS, we have E. Smith, and will prob resign Leohnard, and can get by at that position for 2012, it's FS we need in the worst way, I try and address this either in FA, or in rounds 2-4. Also not to mention 2013's Safety class is really strong could have 3 go in 1st round, I would be awfully pissed if we passed on an Ed Reed type of Safety next draft because we reached for a Safety this year in the 1st. Barron wouldn't be in the top 3-5 in next years Safety class, he might be the best S in this draft might (I don't think so) that doesn't mean he is worth a 1st round pick.

Good post. Agree with a lot but saying Michael Floyd is the pick just on the combine isnt fair, guy had a really productive career at ND. Jenkins is a beast but is he projecting that high?

I agree but i think the Jets could trade out of the pick if someone is available that another team wants, get another mid round pick for doing so, and grab Stephen Hill with a pick somewhere in the 20-25 range. I would love nothing more than to see the Jets do this then sign Braylon and have 2 6-4 WR's .

Im also wondering if a RB like Rainey will be available in the second round. Any thoughts?

Rainey will be there in RD 2 and probably beyond. He'll never be any every down back but he's versatile game breaker for sure. I wouldnt take him before round 4.

Good post. Agree with a lot but saying Michael Floyd is the pick just on the combine isnt fair, guy had a really productive career at ND. Jenkins is a beast but is he projecting that high?

Rainey will be there in RD 2 and probably beyond. He'll never be any every down back but he's versatile game breaker for sure. I wouldnt take him before round 4.

I was talking about Hill based on combine, you are right Floyd had a great combine, and a great college body of work.

On Jenkins if you just evaluated him talent wise, and didn't know about his off field issues, he would project as a top 10 pick. Some Mocks have the Cowboys taking him at 14.

\

I was talking about Hill based on combine, you are right Floyd had a great combine, and a great college body of work.

On Jenkins if you just evaluated him talent wise, and didn't know about his off field issues, he would project as a top 10 pick. Some Mocks have the Cowboys taking him at 14.

Yeah, he likes the weed a lot. But dude is an unreal talent. He'll be a baller in the NFL for certain.

I was torn between floyd and the OT

my whole thing this off season is the passing game. makes ours better, and stop the other guys

the OT may be a better choice, but I'm torn on who would develop faster, and OT or a WR

I just have a hard time taking a player that high who's protecting the strong side. I want Floyd right now. We need to pair Holmes with a physical deep threat. Floyd is that. I think Kerley will be a player. Floyd, Holmes, Kerley, Keller - if thats not enough for Sanchez what is? Plus, I wouldnt be surprised if Sparano had some OL players around that he'd like to bring in.

Ashlon Jeffery - WR South Carolina - 3 years 183 receptions 3042 yards with 16.6 yard per catch average in the SEC. I know he didn't run at the combine but there is enough film on him and he'll run on his pro day. Jeffery can start day one 6'3' 216 pounds good route runner played in a pro system under Steve Spurrier. He'll move the chains big target and can be a red zone threat.

Stephen Hill WR - Georgia Tech only caught 49 balls in the three years at GT but a big average 25.5. Wonder if that is a little Tebow affect cause GT runs a lot opens up deep passes. Hill is a great prospect but not polished enough to be a possession receiver right now.

I just think at of all the positions the Jets need help at there are only three WR I see who can come in start and put up good numbers: Floyd but who did he play at ND? Blackmon, we are not getting, and Jeffery. Maybe the Jets can trade back and still get him but if he has a big workout he'll be worth the #16 pick.

You can get an OLB, safety or OT later in the draft but name me a 'can't miss', not that there are any, prospect at WR in round 4?

This is such a tough choice....good job, bit.

Barring trade down of course:

Reiff would be the safest pick...

Barron would upset me at 16...

Vontaze Burfict would make headlines...

Floyd or Kendall Wright would be fun...

I'd say, f*ck it...Doug Martin it is.

Ashlon Jeffery - WR South Carolina - 3 years 183 receptions 3042 yards with 16.6 yard per catch average in the SEC. I know he didn't run at the combine but there is enough film on him and he'll run on his pro day. Jeffery can start day one 6'3' 216 pounds good route runner played in a pro system under Steve Spurrier. He'll move the chains big target and can be a red zone threat.

Stephen Hill WR - Georgia Tech only caught 49 balls in the three years at GT but a big average 25.5. Wonder if that is a little Tebow affect cause GT runs a lot opens up deep passes. Hill is a great prospect but not polished enough to be a possession receiver right now.

I just think at of all the positions the Jets need help at there are only three WR I see who can come in start and put up good numbers: Floyd but who did he play at ND? Blackmon, we are not getting, and Jeffery. Maybe the Jets can trade back and still get him but if he has a big workout he'll be worth the #16 pick.

You can get an OLB, safety or OT later in the draft but name me a 'can't miss', not that there are any, prospect at WR in round 4?

Alshon Jeffrey is fat. Dont want.

And Floyd played some pretty good comp. Michigan, Michigan State, FSU, Stanford, USC - not all all cream puffs.

Alshon Jeffrey is fat. Dont want.

And Floyd played some pretty good comp. Michigan, Michigan State, FSU, Stanford, USC - not all all cream puffs.

He did weigh in at 6'3" 216 at the combine. Not that I don't like Floyd but if Jeffery runs a 4.45 on his pro day he'll move up like Floyd has. The SEC is still the toughest conference in the country although ND does play some top 25 competition.

He did weigh in at 6'3" 216 at the combine. Not that I don't like Floyd but if Jeffery runs a 4.45 on his pro day he'll move up like Floyd has. The SEC is still the toughest conference in the country although ND does play some top 25 competition.

Dude. Look at the picture of this dude. He's got a gut.

Alshon-Jeffrey-Is-Fat.jpg

Archived