The one player, aka bust, you DO NOT want Jets to select in Draft?

SouthernJet

Trent Richardson

The hole's in the NFL won't be there like in college, and when they aren't he bounces everything outside, that works in college, but not in the NFL, even Chris Johnson has trouble doing this now.

Richardson will be solid...but when I hear the Peterson comparisons I wonder if any of these scouts have any clue.

Brockers and Floyd....both who've visited and are more likely picks than most...Brockers I guess I would trust the coaches on, but not alot of experience and doesn't seem like he offers much against the pass...Floyd because I don't buy ND WRs.

I totally didn't just make this up for the thread.

Hey Bit

Why are you so down on Floyd?

part of it as Gato points out is just Notre Dame Wr. Such greats as Golden Tate and Arnez Battle. In general tho I don't think he's tough enough for the league. He always gets dinged up and takes himself out of games. Can he play in pain? Nothing I like less than a soft football player. You can be short, slow, weak but please don't be soft.

Poe concerns me a little, but I think Rex and Dunbar could at least make him serviceable. Problem is, we already have that project in Ellis. Given Poe's physical gifts, it is hard to ignore that he was not more disruptive against sub par opponents.

Poe and Floyd are the only two players that have been rumored as potential picks for the Jets that I hope they avoid. Nothing against Floyd, but we have greater needs than WR. All signs point to Braylon Edwards coming back post-draft, and that is good enough for me.

My vote is for using all the early round picks (1-3) on defense. I have given up on the pipe dream that the Jets will ever be in line with the league trend of high-flying pass attacks. Leopards can't change their spots, and Rex is a Ryan. Give the fat man more toys on D and kill everyone's franchise QBs. Let'em try to kill ours, who cares? We have two, and one of them is damn near indestructible, maybe immortal.

It's too late to turn back now, and trying to add more offensive weapons is futile at this point. The Jets are going to run the damn ball a high percentage of the time, and they have drafted a high percentage of offensive players in the Rex era. Only 4 defensive players out of 14 draft picks have been added since he got here. Time to tip the scales back in the direction of the side of the ball that led us to two consecutive AFC Championship Games.

DEFENSE!

Jets-Defense.jpg

Something something Ahmadinejad.

I just realized how people accrue ten thousand posts.

I've been a poster on another forum for almost a decade...3,000 posts...Some dude who joined a couple of years afte me has TEN TIMES that....the majority being one liners passing judgement on the previous post and it's poster. Hurts the soul it does.

Archived