Holmes spouting off again but this time he is 100% right.

Jetfan13

NY Jets' Santonio Holmes scolds media, asks reporters to be positive with Gang Green

After being called a 'cancer' in the locker room last season, receiver says his rift with QB Mark Sanchez lasted no longer than season finale and is ready for training camp

Comments (2)

By Kevin Armstrong / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Wednesday, July 18, 2012, 10:56 PM

Facebook

Twitter

StumbleUpon

Tumblr

Email

Print

j19s-1-web.jpg

Ron Antonelli/New York Daily News

Jets WR Santonio Holmes is ready for training camp with last season's locker room troubles behind him.

The Santonio Holmes lecture series turned its focus to the media Wednesday.

“If you guys want to be, and this is for the New York media, if you guys want to be a part of our team and want to feel so important, be there to support us, not to try to break us down,” Holmes said during a podcast interview with NFL.com. “Because (there’s) not one day that we all step in that locker room and we try to break each other down, that we talk bad about the way that person played because it affects the team the way one person plays if they don’t play to perfection.”

Holmes, who is entering his third year with the Jets, maintained that the divisiveness that led to turmoil throughout the Jets’ locker room, including his meltdown in the Week 17 loss to the Dolphins, is behind the team now as his teammates ready for training camp. He reiterated his belief that his relationship with Mark Sanchez is healed and that the rift between them lasted no longer than the season finale.

“If the New York media wants to be a part of our team and wants to continue writing about us, write positive things, stay away from the negative because it doesn’t do anything good for our team that you want to report all the negative things that happen and that’s all you want to talk to us players about,” Holmes said. “We live for one thing and that’s to play football and not to entertain you people in the media.”

Holmes caught 51 passes for 654 yards last year. One teammate referred to him as a “cancer” in the locker room, and right guard Brandon Moore took exception to his critiques of the offensive line

Why would the media want to be part of the team?

Most of them have likely been losers all their lives so they can't go and join the Giants. Plus who wouldn't jump at the chance to call Santonio captain, this article makes it pretty clear he's a team first kinda guy.

Cimini chimes in:

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Holmes whines about media coverage

By Rich Cimini

Now I know how Wayne Hunter felt in the huddle that fateful day in Miami: I've got Santonio Holmes coming after me. Well, not me alone, but rather the entire New York media.

Holmes, in an interview this week on an NFL.com podcast, blamed the media for causing the Jets' locker-room unrest last season. The controversial wide receiver also said the media should be positive and support the team. Obviously, he has no clue how this works.

Earth to Planet Tone: We're not cheerleaders, we report the news.

"If you guys want to be -- and this is for the New York media -- if you guys want to be a part of our team and want to feel so important, be there to support us, not to try to break us down,” Holmes said. “Because (there’s) not one day that we all step in that locker room and we try to break each other down, that we talk bad about the way that person played, because it affects the team the way one person plays if they don’t play to perfection.

“So, if the New York media wants to be a part of our team and wants to continue writing about us, write positive things. Stay away from the negative, because it doesn’t do anything good for our team that you want to report all the negative things that happen and that’s all you want to talk to us players about. We live for one thing, and that’s to play football, and not to entertain you people in the media.”

You may recall that Holmes didn't speak to the media at last month's minicamp, refusing several requests. Technically, he violated the league's media policy. A league spokesman said at the time that Holmes wouldn't be fined, but would be reminded of his obligations.

Something tells me this won't be the last brush fire with Holmes this season.

Easy Rich...

Cimini always comes across as a spoiled child whenever he writes and this is no different. The title of his article is about Santonio whining, but he sounds more like the person whining, The comments from his readers are also priceless.

Here's a positive story about Holmes and for some reason we continue to spew negativity.

Lets move on he's our #1 WR, we have to support the guy no matter what .

The last line of the article is beautiful. It's the traditional having to have throw the last stone cry baby syndrome. CImini is Funny.

As for Holmes.... It's nice to hear him talking about the team positively for once. I hope he has a big year

Cimini and the rest of the media is just salavating right now at the chance to rip this team to shreads with a Sanchez vs Tebow QB controversy. So for Cimini to sit there and tell us their job is to report the news is a crock.

Holmes though should not be telling the media to just report the postive. That is what you have a PR staff for.

Holmes is probably the last person who should be out there running his yap. Just keep your mouth shut this year, go out and be a dominant receiver and then tell the media to go F themselves.

Thats about as close to an admission of guilt as you'll ever see from this clown.

How about - "I may have let the frustration of last year get to me more than I should have and for that I apologize. I'm ready to let that go and focus on having a great year".

He says that and it's over. All he's done with the crap above is given the jackals in the NY media a reason to root for him to melt down again.

The guy is a pretty much a dick.

Here's a positive story about Holmes and for some reason we continue to spew negativity.

Lets move on he's our #1 WR, we have to support the guy no matter what .

Exactly. How quickly we forget how awesome he is when he's not pissed off from not getting the ball enough. GIVE TONE THE DAMN ROCK!!

#1? I'm not even sure he'll see the field that much. His blocking is going to be a liability if we're running the triple option

Who would you call our #1 WR? Shillenz ? Hill? Kerley ? none of them come close to this guy.

Hill maybe in the future but he's a baby right now.

If anyone cant stand the way Holmes acts its me and I had no problem at all with anything Holmes said on both NFL network interviews. He did extemely well FWIW. I think his real problem is with the media around Practice they are constantly looking for a story and since Holmes drew some attention to himself last year they are on the prowl and Holmes dispises them for it. So when Holmes interviews with some of the local media he comes off as a dick . Does he make the occasional stupid comment that makes you cringe ? Yes absolutely but I dont thnk hes a T.O. type to constantly disrupt the team in practice . And he really needs to stop that dropping the ball bullcrap on the field especially when he does it right in a refs face whos looking to place the ball for the next play its disrespectful and to be honest Ive seen a few other players do it but I dont give a damn about them its just shows a sh*tty attitude. Want that next Pass Interference call ?? Stop being a dick .

I also think he is a bit over rated. He is a and can be dynamic but he needs support from the other skill positions. He is not a number one WR in the sence he can do it all by himslef like a Fitz or a Calvin Johnson or a Andre Johnson hes simply not strong enough hes just not that type of player but if you put a good complement at the other WR spot like when he played with Hines Ward or The year he had playing beside Braylon he can be very effective making Big plays. So hes a little inconsistent and lacks the size to be a number 1 IMO but his biggest issue is inconsistency which we can over look if he makes the big plays hes supposed to make and leaves the consistent play to the other WR . All in all we paid him way too much money but I hope he goes back to making some big plays this season.

I think it's a little ironic for him of all people to tell the media to look at the positive things instead of the negatives. Plus he sounded really uneducated when making this statement. Still hope he has a good year though and I dont believe he's a number one 1 wide receiver I'm glad we got Stephen Hill because as good as Holmes is his body type isn't the prototypical #1 guy. Can't teach height or speed.

Archived