He's gone. (Hunter no longer starting RT)

Gastineau Lives

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rotoworld:

The Jets recently worked out free agent OT Marcus McNeill, according to ESPN New York.

It's not clear if "recently" means before or after McNeill announced his retirement two weeks ago. It's quite possible that the workout convinced McNeill he was done. ESPN's John Clayton hinted that the Jets could be interested in trading for Colts RT Winston Justice, though he seemed to be just thinking out loud on that one. We don't see the Colts weakening their offensive line for Andrew Luck's debut.

Well I for one think it's fantastic that we named him the starter over the winter, that we didn't sign or draft anyone to account for the possibility of him playing like he did last year, and that we're now being stranded 2 weeks before the season starts with Austin ****ing Howard at RT. But HEY, what do I know? 2 AFCC losses and learning from your mistakes (Adrien Clarke) FTW. Best GM ever!

Austin Howard was a 2 time second team all Missouri Valley Football Conference stud in college

Austin Howard was a 2 time second team all Missouri Valley Football Conference stud in college

He was 2 sport athlete too. Hoops and Football. Started his career as a TE, even caught a TD. Converted to RT, won a weekly award for dominating Missouri State. And his brothers played at Iowa State. I read this all in wiki. Quite an athlete.

Basically, what I'm saying is, offensive problems solved. We found our RT, blocking TE, and Red Zone target.

Mikey T. FTW

Just to be clear... We remember how badly he sucked when he started the 1st preseason game, right?

He didn't. I'd give him a B or B-. Sacks came on Heyer and blitz pickup by the backs. The 3rd team was obliterated. There was one where the left side (Howard started @RT and moved to LT with the 2nd team) didn't move when the Cincy DE dropped and they sent unbalanced pressure at the right side, but he wasn't overpowered or beaten one-on-one.

I can't wait for the cut's to start, Tanny will be rummaging through the trash faster then a pack of woman on sales day at Macy's.

Surely even the cuts can't be worse then Hunter. I actually feel sorry for him, although I'm glad that the Jets have finally seen the light after being savaged by the media for the last 5 days.

If only Tanny has an account on here, he could read the wisdom of tOmshane...

Lol McNeil and Justice are guys they missed when passing up Jay Cutler or Matt Leinart for D'Brick. Dang that Tannenbaum! All he did was make the pass defense more talent and get a size/speed WR for Numbnuts and the altar boy to chuck it up to in the PI loving NFL.

Oh woooooeeee! Wooooooeeeeee is I! Woooeeeee is us! There is no right tackles here! However will they overcome a key spot like that! A chain is only as strong as its weakest link! The Giants' offense was only Kareem McKenZie good last year!

Lol McNeil and Justice are guys they missed when passing up Jay Cutler or Matt Leinart for D'Brick. Dang that Tannenbaum! All he did was make the pass defense more talent and get a size/speed WR for Numbnuts and the altar boy to chuck it up to in the PI loving NFL.

Oh woooooeeee! Wooooooeeeeee is I! Woooeeeee is us! There is no right tackles here! However will they overcome a key spot like that! A chain is only as strong as its weakest link! The Giants' offense was only Kareem McKenZie good last year!

It all comes back to Sanchez. Even if we did go after Winston or somebody like that as people have suggested, the improvement wouldn't be worth the cost because Sanchez still holds the ball too long and can't keep defenses from stacking the box. You're spending an extra three million dollars for maybe a million dollars of performance. Not only is the offense bad, it may actually be maxed out at bad because as long as Consuela is around there are prohibitively diminishing returns on attempts to improve by addressing other areas.

So Tanny is your new Schotty?? Just trying to get a feel for the future.

It all comes back to Sanchez. Even if we did go after Winston or somebody like that as people have suggested, the improvement wouldn't be worth the cost because Sanchez still holds the ball too long and can't keep defenses from stacking the box. You're spending an extra three million dollars for maybe a million dollars of performance. Not only is the offense bad, it may actually be maxed out at bad because as long as Consuela is around there are prohibitively diminishing returns on attempts to improve by addressing other areas.

While I understand what you're saying, as long as the money doesn't impact the cap beyond this season or prevent them from signing a capable cover safety (should one become available), I couldn't care less about Woody Johnson wasting money on a RT whose presence will likely produce a negligible improvement in offensive performance.

ETA: I obviously wouldn't want to part with anything more than a late-round pick to trade for someone either.

the big mistake wasn't passing on Justice, it was passing on a RT in the draft. The Jets had a shot at starting caliber players in Rd 2 and they passed.

I hope Hill turns out to be a stud because this season is probably shot because of a failure to address the most glaring need on the team during the draft and free agency.

the big mistake wasn't passing on Justice, it was passing on a RT in the draft. The Jets had a shot at starting caliber players in Rd 2 and they passed.

I hope Hill turns out to be a stud because this season is probably shot because of a failure to address the most glaring need on the team during the draft and free agency.

If they took a RT, who is WR#2?

Just a heads up, you're really not helping yourself when trying to praise Tannenbaum's drafting if you're including anything Sanchez in the same paragraph.

He didn't. I'd give him a B or B-. Sacks came on Heyer and blitz pickup by the backs. The 3rd team was obliterated. There was one where the left side (Howard started @RT and moved to LT with the 2nd team) didn't move when the Cincy DE dropped and they sent unbalanced pressure at the right side, but he wasn't overpowered or beaten one-on-one.

Let me update that to a C+ or B-. The straight B was from watching a guy I expected nothing of in his first start. Even worse, I had figured he'd been battered when I watched the game at the bar.

The Jets had a shot at starting caliber players in Rd 2 and they passed.

Not really. Mike Adams is lousy. I guess one could make an argument for moving up sooner and taking Cordy Glenn but there really isn't a whole lot of upside in that.

Not really. Mike Adams is lousy. I guess one could make an argument for moving up sooner and taking Cordy Glenn but there really isn't a whole lot of upside in that.

Initial signs on Allen look good. Also kinda sucked to see Massie still sitting there in the 4th. Looney looks like he'll be the goods too.

Archived