With Tim Tebow Starting by Nov- Jets will miss the playoffs, again

Ken Schroy

This is Gary Meyers predictions for the upcoming season. You can read his all of his BS on the link.

Tim Tebow will be the Jets starting quarterback by Nov. 11 in Seattle.

It won’t necessarily be all Mark Sanchez’s doing, but it doesn’t appear the Jets are going to be scoring a lot of points this season. How could they? Rookie running back Terrance Ganaway scored their only TD of the preseason and then was released. The Jets have a rough first-half schedule and if they go into their bye at 3-5 or 2-6, Ryan’s job security will become an issue for the first time. How does he shake things up and appease the fans? He puts in Tebow.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/nfl-2012-revealed-saints-super-ny-jets-tim-tebow-playoffs-article-1.1149636?pgno=1#ixzz25Prj281H

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/nfl-2012-revealed-saints-super-ny-jets-tim-tebow-playoffs-article-1.1149636?pgno=1

Every 3 days there's a Tebow starting and every 3 days I turn my cheek... -___-

I say no more ... Let's stop this buffoonery.

Pre-season may not be something we should take into consideration but I see Mc Elroy as a starting possibility, more than Tebow.

But that's just my opinion ...

Can we let the season develop or at least start?

So Gary can look at the schedule and see it starts out rough, but he doesn't think Rex can see the same thing?

The Jets didn't give Sanchez a $40M extension to put him on a short leash this year. Sanchez will get his chance against the softer half of the schedule.

And Gary Myers is a douche.

So Gary can look at the schedule and see it starts out rough, but he doesn't think Rex can see the same thing?

The Jets didn't give Sanchez a $40M extension to put him on a short leash this year. Sanchez will get his chance against the softer half of the schedule.

And Gary Myers is a douche.

40M extension?

I know you are bullish on Mexican quarterbacks and all that but if you read the particulars of this "extension", Jets committed an additional $2.75 million in guaranteed money to Sanchez over the next two seasons, The final three seasons of the contract aren’t guaranteed at all which helps management in 2 ways giving them cap room this year an making it easier to cut ties with him should he continue to "underachieve" (suck)

Pre-season may not be something we should take into consideration but I see Mc Elroy as a starting possibility, more than Tebow.

Yeah, definitely. We should always take into consideration the fourth preseason game against third stringers before we even CONSIDER the results of any real NFL games (especially playoff games against the best defense in football)

McElroy FTW

40M extension?

I know you are bullish on Mexican quarterbacks and all that but if you read the particulars of this "extension", Jets committed an additional $2.75 million in guaranteed money to Sanchez over the next two seasons, The final three seasons of the contract aren’t guaranteed at all which helps management in 2 ways giving them cap room this year an making it easier to cut ties with him should he continue to "underachieve" (suck)

$40M is the reported value.

What the extension essentially did was make him uncuttable this year, and expensive to cut next year. Previously, he could've been cut with a net savings in 2013, now it's a $4.3M hit. You can break down the inflated value of the contract any way you want to, but it still comes down to Sanchez getting all of this season as the starter. They're not giving him all that money to sit on the bench and watch Tebow alternately throw passes into the dirt and into the crowd.

Yeah, definitely. We should always take into consideration the fourth preseason game against third stringers before we even CONSIDER the results of any real NFL games (especially playoff games against the best defense in football)

McElroy FTW

Lol Tebow faced Secondaries too...

and thus far I can only assess he can run the ball.

The reason I said Mc Elroy is because it's such and outlandish claim and can't be realistically painted yet. T'is the same way I feel about Tebow starting.

What the extension essentially did was make him uncuttable this year, and expensive to cut next year. Previously, he could've been cut with a net savings in 2013, now it's a $4.3M hit. You can break down the inflated value of the contract any way you want to, but it still comes down to Sanchez getting all of this season as the starter. They're not giving him all that money to sit on the bench and watch Tebow alternately throw passes into the dirt and into the crowd.

Bingo. I'd say the good money bet at this point is Sanchez (health permitting) starts the entire year. If he struggles, you'll be looking at the Jets hitting QB in the draft and having a full-blown open competition come next year, with the most likely outcome being Sanchez getting the nod to start the year before eventually letting the rook take over (barring Sanchez suddenly getting his crap together).

I understand your point. But for the record, It is NOT my opinion. I think Tebow is a waste of a roster spot.

I believe Myers' case is that Rex will try to save his own career before giving another year to an underperforming Sanchez, regardless of how much Q-Tip money it costs Woody. Even if/when Tebow sucks, the story at the end of the year is that the quarterback let the team down. If Sanchez starts 16 games and the team sucks, it all falls in Rex's lap. You might see some serious CYA action this year.

As for money dictating Sanchez's playing time, I think you guys are giving this braintrust way too much credit. They're the same guys who guaranteed Wayne Hunter $2.5m, and Santonio Holmes $50m.

I believe Myers' case is that Rex will try to save his own career before giving another year to an underperforming Sanchez, regardless of how much Q-Tip money it costs Woody. Even if/when Tebow sucks, the story at the end of the year is that the quarterback let the team down. If Sanchez starts 16 games and the team sucks, it all falls in Rex's lap. You might see some serious CYA action this year.

As for money dictating Sanchez's playing time, I think you guys are giving this braintrust way too much credit. They're the same guys who guaranteed Wayne Hunter $2.5m, and Santonio Holmes $50m.

If it goes to poop with Sanchez, Sparano and Ryan will be going to school on what ever John Fox had JesusBack do last year.And they will do it out of self-preservation. Obvious the Accountant has screwed the pooch talent-wise. If you can squeeze a 7-9 or 8-8 with Tebow down the stretch, you can still keep the "Coaching Genius" tag, like Parcells getting Ray Lucas to 8-8.

Laughable that the "Jets Insider" was tooting Sanchez's preseason 60% completion percentage.Given how short the passing game is for this team you could argue a competent QB would be at least 75%. The Jets' passing "attack" is in fact nonexistent. Having any primo WR is the definition of pointless. Overpaying for Holmes is cap mismanagement in the extreme.

I cannot recall being as pissed off at the start of any season as I am today since Herm Edwards' swan song. There were holes at back, OL, TE that if the idea was "ground and Pound", they did not fill at all.Why not? And the same exacta of incompetence, Bradway(Brady to Rex Ryan-apparently thinks that guy showing up late and leaving early and has something to do with the draft is named "Brady") and Tannebaum touted that as a good team too.

I'm going to be laughing my ass off next week when the jets real offense takes the field and all the football experts are shocked that pre-season means nothing

and then it will happen again next summer, lol

Wait, what? Exhibition season means NOTHING?!?!?! Then please esplain to me how the owners can charge full ticket prices for those games? Huh? Well? That's what I thought ...

Disagree..........strongly.

Not so much about the contract money but About Sanchez and his starting job. These NFL contracts are very gray. True value and reported value are often very different esp when you calculate cap hit, guaranteed money etc.

Regarding #6 and his starting job?

Lets say the Jets defense is playing stellar but they are losing close games despite playing small ball on offense to accomodate #6s limitations. Why wouldnt they yank him and start McElroy who can probably play the short passing game efficiently enough (no ints to defensive tackles etc) to win the 14-10.......10-6 games. Tebow would still be there for the wildcat and goal to go downs. It wouldnt be the 1st time a well paid QB rode the pine in the NFL.

Dont forget this may also be a job save move for T-Rex.

I've hated Gary Meyers for ever but I'm literally watching this f*cking maggot for the first time on YES, the new partners of JN. I should have went to journalism school if I didn't want a real job

Pretty sure with the addition of twitter into the dictionary, Webster was forced to subtract journalistic integrity.

40M extension?

Totally 100% false. Where do people get this from?

Prior to the contract extension, as of March 8 2012, how much was Sanchez guaranteed to get over the next 2 years? Zero.

After the contract extension how much is Sanchez now guaranteed to get over the next 2 years? $20.5M.

How does $20.5M - $0 = $2.75M?

It also tied their hands in free agency and the draft to specifically NOT go after another QB to challenge him. What is the point of truly challenging Sanchez with legitimate competition if he's the guaranteed starter for the next 2 opening games? There is none. So we brought in Tebow, the one QB who I can say with confidence clearly throws a worse ball than Sanchez and was no threat to his starting job before the opening day roster.

Totally 100% false. Where do people get this from?

Prior to the contract extension, as of March 8 2012, how much was Sanchez guaranteed to get over the next 2 years? Zero.

After the contract extension how much is Sanchez now guaranteed to get over the next 2 years? $20.5M.

How does $20.5M - $0 = $2.75M?

It also tied their hands in free agency and the draft to specifically NOT go after another QB to challenge him. What is the point of truly challenging Sanchez with legitimate competition if he's the guaranteed starter for the next 2 opening games? There is none. So we brought in Tebow, the one QB who I can say with confidence clearly throws a worse ball than Sanchez and was no threat to his starting job before the opening day roster.

To the best of my knowledge his new contract has $20.5 million in guarantees for 2012 and 2013. Sanchez was going to cause a $14.25 million cap hit before the extension. One benefit of re-writing his deal, the team freed up $6.4 million in cap space this season.

Before the extension, the Jets had an $11.75 million investment for 2012 ($8.25 million base salary + $3.25 million in other bonuses) and a $6 million investment in 2013 ($4.5 million base salary and $1.5 million in bonuses). So, if Sanchez played the final two seasons under those terms, he would have earned $17.75 million

20.5M minus 17.75M is the actual cash difference. Not much change

Nothing is or was guaranteed after 2013 after which they could just release him

What do the Jets out of this? They get an additional three years in exchange for those guarantees in 2012 and 2013. Sanchez will earn $12.5 million over the final three years of this deal should he raise his game (not fully guaranteed), which would be below market value for a good quarterback in 2014, 2015 and 2016.

Where we agree is that the big mistake was all the guaranteed money. But lets face it. Even though he has underperformed they were not going to cut him for various reasons thus making guaranteed vs non-guaranteed money a moot point . We may wish he would have just gone away but he is a draw, puts azzes in the seats, he makes back page news, he has teased with the occasional good game to keep mgmnts hope alive he can be a decent NFL QB, he sells sh!t on TV which keeps the franchise on the radar. PLUS they failed at the Peyton lottery and had to keep him as plan B.

Disagree..........strongly.

Not so much about the contract money but About Sanchez and his starting job. These NFL contracts are very gray. True value and reported value are often very different esp when you calculate cap hit, guaranteed money etc.

Regarding #6 and his starting job?

Lets say the Jets defense is playing stellar but they are losing close games despite playing small ball on offense to accomodate #6s limitations. Why wouldnt they yank him and start McElroy who can probably play the short passing game efficiently enough (no ints to defensive tackles etc) to win the 14-10.......10-6 games. Tebow would still be there for the wildcat and goal to go downs. It wouldnt be the 1st time a well paid QB rode the pine in the NFL.

Dont forget this may also be a job save move for T-Rex.

You can disagree, that's fine, but I stand by what I've been saying all off season: Mark Sanchez is the starter for all of 2012 - as long as he's healthy, of course.

The premise of this article is that the early part of the schedule is hard and that Sanchez will struggle, and then Rex will replace him for the easier part of the schedule. This isn't happening. If Gary Myers and Tom Shane can see the schedule gets easier as it goes along, so can Rex Ryan. The only reason they would make the move to Tebow is if they want Sanchez to fail, and want to justify giving his job away. But there's no way they'd do that after giving him the contract they just handed him - which comes on the heels of the picks they traded for him, and money they've already paid him. They have a lot invested in Mark, and it's in their best interest that he succeeds.

As for job security - even if the Jets miss the playoffs, as long as Sanchez (and the Jets) has a strong second half of the year, everyone's job is safe. With a new OC and a rookie starting at WR, they have all their excuses built into place to have some rough going. Especially early.

To the best of my knowledge his new contract has $20.5 million in guarantees for 2012 and 2013. Sanchez was going to cause a $14.25 million cap hit before the extension. One benefit of re-writing his deal, the team freed up $6.4 million in cap space this season.

Before the extension, the Jets had an $11.75 million investment for 2012 ($8.25 million base salary + $3.25 million in other bonuses) and a $6 million investment in 2013 ($4.5 million base salary and $1.5 million in bonuses). So, if Sanchez played the final two seasons under those terms, he would have earned $17.75 million

20.5M minus 17.75M is the actual cash difference. Not much change

Nothing is or was guaranteed after 2013 after which they could just release him

What do the Jets out of this? They get an additional three years in exchange for those guarantees in 2012 and 2013. Sanchez will earn $12.5 million over the final three years of this deal should he raise his game (not fully guaranteed), which would be below market value for a good quarterback in 2014, 2015 and 2016.

Where we agree is that the big mistake was all the guaranteed money. But lets face it. Even though he has underperformed they were not going to cut him for various reasons thus making guaranteed vs non-guaranteed money a moot point . We may wish he would have just gone away but he is a draw, puts azzes in the seats, he makes back page news, he has teased with the occasional good game to keep mgmnts hope alive he can be a decent NFL QB, he sells sh!t on TV which keeps the franchise on the radar. PLUS they failed at the Peyton lottery and had to keep him as plan B.

You said it only guaranteed an additional $2.75M.

It guaranteed an additional $20.5M.

Before the extension he was guaranteed $0. After the extension he was guaranteed $20.5M.

If cut just before the final roster cutdown of 2012 (which would have required a legit QB here to compete with him) OR if he's lost his job by season's end and they'd like to go with someone else for next season - meaning cutting him after the 2012 season ends -- in neither case is it only a $2.75M difference before and after this extension. He could have been cut in early March and we pay him $0 forever more. Would have resulted in a net cap savings of almost $10M in 2012 and he'd have been off the books forever after that.

Big duh, if they were going to keep him for the next 2 seasons anyway, because he's such a good QB, then it doesn't make a big difference money-wise. But those 2 seasons were guaranteed in advance, back in March 2012, not in February 2014 looking backwards.

Oh, and after those 2 years are up if he's cut after 2013 - not even considering the 2 additional years wasted on him - we get a nice $5M dead-cap donut hole in 2014.

You said it only guaranteed an additional $2.75M.

It guaranteed an additional $20.5M.

Before the extension he was guaranteed $0. After the extension he was guaranteed $20.5M.

The implication is the 17.75M which was not guaranteed (and I agree with you it wasnt) WAS in fact going to be paid whether we hate the idea or not. So really........call it what you will, guaranteed not guaranteed. He was gonna get that money. So if you can accept that fact, the new contract is worth a few mill more. Just sayin............ Hey I am on record here for quite a while now on how I feel about this slouch of a pick and this stupid contract and havent recently come to this conclusion like some other posters and mods so youre kinda preaching to the choir here.

Lol Tebow faced Secondaries too...

and thus far I can only assess he can run the ball.

The reason I said Mc Elroy is because it's such and outlandish claim and can't be realistically painted yet. T'is the same way I feel about Tebow starting.

Most quarterbacks face secondaries! :winking0001:

If Tebow is unrealistic, McElroy is intelligent life on Saturn.

The implication is the 17.75M which was not guaranteed (and I agree with you it wasnt) WAS in fact going to be paid whether we hate the idea or not. So really........call it what you will, guaranteed not guaranteed. He was gonna get that money. So if you can accept that fact, the new contract is worth a few mill more. Just sayin............ Hey I am on record here for quite a while now on how I feel about this slouch of a pick and this stupid contract and havent recently come to this conclusion like some other posters and mods so youre kinda preaching to the choir here.

What I was saying is that there was not $2.75M of additional guaranteed money. It became guaranteed when he got the extension. The extension with these NEW guarantees is what guaranteed he would be here for 2 years. It means no other QB will be brought in who could possibly take his job away over the summer, which then could have led to his release before his presence on the final roster guarantees his salary for the season.

Hey GATO, where do I get that fantastic picture of the Jets huddle in the endzone in SB III? That would look great in my downstairs bar in a frame. Awesome.

Perhaps you should ask GATA, unless you want a team of Schottys, Godzilla, and the Pokémon.

What I was saying is that there was not $2.75M of additional guaranteed money. It became guaranteed when he got the extension. The extension with these NEW guarantees is what guaranteed he would be here for 2 years. It means no other QB will be brought in who could possibly take his job away over the summer, which then could have led to his release before his presence on the final roster guarantees his salary for the season.

Agree with your analysis but reiterate Mr T and Rex were keeping #6 irregardless of the extension so that money was gonna be spent on #6 no matter what. Esp in light of Peyton basically laughing at their overture.We may disagree with them but It would seem in their view there was nobody to bring in over the summer as you say.

Archived