Cimini Trash

Gastineau Lives

ESPN New York's Rich Cimini nominates second-round WR Stephen Hill as the Jets' "biggest disappointment" heading into the season.

"Talented, but oh so raw," writes Cimini. "Needs time to develop, but he doesn't have that luxury on this team." Hill has been lost as an NFL route runner after being limited to "go" routes in Georgia Tech's run-dominant offense. He's not worthy of roster spot in redraft fantasy leagues. Sep 4 - 6:33 PM

Source: ESPN New York

After four preseason games, this guy, totally unsolicited has to trash this kid already. Why?

all in context, I agree. He looked like sh*t during the preseason and Cimini watches the practices and stuff too, no? So probably more of the same. That said, he could use better terminology when discussing such stuff as a rookie wide receiver before the season even starts, on the interweb.

all in context, I agree. He looked like sh*t during the preseason and Cimini watches the practices and stuff too, no? So probably more of the same. That said, he could use better terminology when discussing such stuff as a rookie wide receiver before the season even starts, on the interweb.

Exactly. I mean it says he nominated him. I had no idea there was such an award.

Has anyone seen TS and Cimini in the same room at the same time?

Have Tom and Cimini been in the same room? At the same time? That is a very good question. To answer it honestly, no I have never seen Tom and Rich in the same room at the same time.

TomShane does not believe in the Jets. I believe in the Jets. I think Mark Sanchez is going to step up this year. This defense is going to be elite and the running game will start slow but eventually find its way.

I believe.

Have Tom and Cimini been in the same room? At the same time? That is a very good question. To answer it honestly, no I have never seen Tom and Rich in the same room at the same time.

TomShane does not believe in the Jets. I believe in the Jets. I think Mark Sanchez is going to step up this year. This defense is going to be elite and the running game will start slow but eventually find its way.

I believe.

Woody!

Go find one report from one person who has watched Hill all summer who says he's not a project at this point. I'm not sure what's so controversial about saying this.

Again, it's just the wording. You'd think as a "writer" one could use better verbiage to explain himself to the masses better. Well, that or shock sells faster. Hmmm. Nvmind.

Again, it's just the wording. You'd think as a "writer" one could use better verbiage to explain himself to the masses better. Well, that or shock sells faster. Hmmm. Nvmind.

Can you explain what's wrong with the verbiage exactly?

LOOKING INTO OUR CRYSTAL BALL ...

Controversy waiting to happen: It may not occur until October or November, but eventually the offense will slump and fans/media will be screaming for Tebow.

Offensive MVP: Holmes. He's their top playmaker, and you know they're going to force-feed him the ball to keep him happy. Too bad he'll average only 10 yards per catch.

Defensive MVP: Revis. He'll have a Revis-type season, setting up the drama for next offseason: Open the vault or trade him.

Comeback Player of the Year: LB Bart Scott. The Yap is back.

Breakout Player: NT Kenrick Ellis. The most improved player on defense.

Best Offseason Addition: S LaRon Landry. He'll be in the Pro Bowl conversation.

Worst Offseason Addition: WR Chaz Schilens. Brought his injury problems from Oakland.

Biggest surprise: Kerley. Now that he's out of Ryan's doghouse, watch him take off as the slot receiver.

Biggest Disappointment: Hill. Talented, but oh so raw. Needs time to develop, but he doesn't have that luxury on this team.

Biggest win: They upset the Texans in a Monday night game, Oct. 8 at MetLife Stadium.

Worst loss: Fall to the Rams on the road on Nov. 18 -- the revenge of Schottenheimer and Hunter.

Prediction: 8-8.

It's a puff piece that people just up and decided to get all butthurt about. There is no possible way it could have been written so as to dissuade those so inclined. Cimini is an idiot but there's nothing remotely objectionable about this.

Shoot the messenger! Yes, that will make Stepehn Hill stop dropping passes. Worked wonders making Vlad Dukie-asse a real NFL offensive lineman.

Also Cimini is predicting an 8-8 record, which is way better than most that I have seen.

One man's trash is another man's treasure.

Although that won't matter, it will take Hill a little time but he should be fine here with the Jets.

Sometimes trash is simply trash. And usaully under The Accountant the 2nd round pick so qualifies.

Can you explain what's wrong with the verbiage exactly?

It's a puff piece that people just up and decided to get all butthurt about. There is no possible way it could have been written so as to dissuade those so inclined. Cimini is an idiot but there's nothing remotely objectionable about this.

Oh I didn't read it all. I thought he was proclaiming Hill a disappointment already. He's just giving his best guess a la crystal ball. When you read the whole thing out I have no problem with it. I actually agree. When you read the OP without opening the link it comes off different. Stupid jets fan I am.

ESPN New York's Rich Cimini nominates second-round WR Stephen Hill as the Jets' "biggest disappointment" heading into the season.

"Talented, but oh so raw," writes Cimini. "Needs time to develop, but he doesn't have that luxury on this team." Hill has been lost as an NFL route runner after being limited to "go" routes in Georgia Tech's run-dominant offense. He's not worthy of roster spot in redraft fantasy leagues. Sep 4 - 6:33 PM

Source: ESPN New York

After four preseason games, this guy, totally unsolicited has to trash this kid already. Why?

Biggest disappointment is the raw rookie WR Stephen Hill for doing what? Being a raw rookie.

Not Sanchez for not finding the endzone.

Not Tebow for not being able to throw a football.

Not Wayne Hunter for completely failing at his job.

Not Tannenbaum for not doing more to improve this roster.

Got it.

Hill's going to do what he was brought in to do; he's going to demand attention with his speed, and he's going to block in the running game. Yeah, he's probably going to drop a couple passes, but he'll also make teams pay if they sleep on him. He'll be a big disappointment if you thought he was going to be Calvin Johnson this year. That doesn't mean he can't be a solid starter in the Jets brand of so-called offense.

Archived