If and buts and Sprano's guts

JetsFanInDenver

If Stephen Hill holds onto the ball with a little more than 2 minutes left that would have helped the JETS run the clock down a lot before kicking the FG.

But if Sparano only had the good sense of passing on the 2nd right after the 2 minute mark maybe we are closer to the first down or past that mark. Mark had completed 9/10 passes at that point.

If only Cro can hang onto a ball when he does not commit a penalty and when it matters. He could have had that ball in the end zone when the Pats were trying to tie the game.

But if only that ref had not thrown a Pass Interference penalty from 25 yards away when the guy who was closest to the play like 4 yards away did not throw a flag the Pats put and do not score the game winning FG.

If only we had one healthy running back on that final drive in regulation we had.

I put a lot of blame on Sparano/Rex here. I mean, bad fumble by Sanchez to end the game but at that point, they were asking for it. 3rd & 1 on the 1 and they call a pass play? No Greene, no Tebow, just stupid calling. Too conservative when it mattered. Then at the end, they don't even go for the TD.

I thought Sparano had 1 bad call, on 3rd and 1 at the 4. Other than that he called an outstanding game.

Hill's drop and Sanchez inaccurate throws are not on Sparano. He is a huge upgrade from Schott and with a competent QB Sparano/Rex is a great combination.

Not a fan of the rollout that lead to the sack before the field goal. That play design was terrible.

A good QB makes no difference when the receiver drops the game.

Steven Hill and Tony Soprano cost the team a win today

3rd and 1 and no Tebow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steven Hill with as bad as a drop as one can have

CRO had a pick in his hands near the end of the game too. However DESPITE Sparano's issues, we were up 26-23 with 1:30 to go. Teams that want to go far close that out and get the W>

I thought Sparano had 1 bad call, on 3rd and 1 at the 4. Other than that he called an outstanding game.

Hill's drop and Sanchez inaccurate throws are not on Sparano. He is a huge upgrade from Schott and with a competent QB Sparano/Rex is a great combination.

I actually agree, but that bad call was a REALLY bad call at a REALLY bad time. Other than that I have to say, I am happy with most of the playcalling today. It's such a bummer to lose this way especially after that fumbled KR on the 20 with under 2 min left. Just heartbreaking stuff. Sanchez, even when he completes passes, is just not an accurate passer. So many times the plays could have gone for more yardage but the ball placement is way off. And today was a god day for him.... F*ckin Safety! Jeesh!

First play after the kickoff turn over should be right to the end zone , running the make no sense because the ball was already in field goal range , at least a 10 yard pass on 1 down , sparano called a terrible game late and Rex had a 3 man pass rush on the pats tie field goal

I hated the completely non-aggressive calling at the end of regulation. They didn't even try to get a first down.

I put a lot of blame on Sparano/Rex here. I mean, bad fumble by Sanchez to end the game but at that point, they were asking for it. 3rd & 1 on the 1 and they call a pass play? No Greene, no Tebow, just stupid calling. Too conservative when it mattered. Then at the end, they don't even go for the TD.

Pass on 3 and 1 is conservative?

Just curious because I missed the context...Did not watch.

these are the worst types of games

gut wrenchers that leave you so......so......agitated. the 9ers game was horrible, but I was over it before the game actually ended

this will be one of those games you don't get over until the next game starts

fwiw, at this point I feel the offense not going for the jugular after the fumbled KO was the difference. good teams get the kill shot there

Hill can't catch. Doesn't matter what he does well, cause his downside is HUGE. He reminds me of a young Braylon.

I have to think he will improve over time, a la the offseason. Fwiw the kid has 5 times the character of a Braylon Edwards. Hands is somewhat god given but can also be worked and improved upon.

He'll never be Larry Fitzgerald but he can get better.

Pass on 3 and 1 is conservative?

Just curious because I missed the context...Did not watch.

End of regulation when the Jets got the lead, they didn't even try to score a TD or get a first down. They had two runs up the middle that went nowhere. They settled for a 43 yard field goal when Sanchez got sacked on third down and nobody was open.

Not a fan of the rollout that lead to the sack before the field goal. That play design was terrible.

A good QB makes no difference when the receiver drops the game.

All Mark has to do is throw the ball away there. Obviously the play didn't catch them off guard as hoped. We were going all or nothing there. I'm good with that. Not good with sancho crapping his pants and taking the ten yard loss. We still made the FG, but its the funking principle of the matter.

I have to think he will improve over time, a la the offseason. Fwiw the kid has 5 times the character of a Braylon Edwards. Hands is somewhat god given but can also be worked and improved upon.

He'll never be Larry Fitzgerald but he can get better.

More character? How so?

Braylon had a bad case of the dropsies early on too.

More character? How so?

Braylon had a bad case of the dropsies early on too.

I dunno, I watched his interview after the game, saw him on the sideline after the drop. I've read a couple articles on him when he was drafted. He seems like a strong character kid. Someone who really cares and will work to try and get better. Hands is something that can be worked on, is all. He seems like the type that will put in the time during the offseason. He seems like the type who will probably lose sleep over that drop for quite a while.

I dunno, I watched his interview after the game, saw him on the sideline after the drop. I've read a couple articles on him when he was drafted. He seems like a strong character kid. Someone who really cares and will work to try and get better. Hands is something that can be worked on, is all. He seems like the type that will put in the time during the offseason. He seems like the type who will probably lose sleep over that drop for quite a while.

I hear ya. He was super damn happy to be become a Jet in the draft. I loved that moment.

All Mark has to do is throw the ball away there. Obviously the play didn't catch them off guard as hoped. We were going all or nothing there. I'm good with that. Not good with sancho crapping his pants and taking the ten yard loss. We still made the FG, but its the funking principle of the matter.

Throwaway is a free timeout. Making the Pats waste a timeout is better in that situation.

Throwaway is a free timeout. Making the Pats waste a timeout is better in that situation.

True. But in that situation when defense expects a run usually the gains are very limited and a lot of teams have lost games just trying to do the predictable run in these situations and lost games.

I always believe on the road you have to be more aggressive to get a win. Just my way of thinking.

Classic Sparano, just enough offense to win or lose by a FG. I've seen it for years down here.

There is something seriously wrong with the CS being okay with FGs in this game on the road vs. the Pats. It's like this game was a replay of too many games in Foxboro. Does the CS have a clue, or ar they so myopic they simply don't understand the task at hand. I dunno. Again, keeps coming abck to a HC that doesn't care about nor understand offense and still inexpicably thinks he has a great defense.

There is something seriously wrong with the CS being okay with FGs in this game on the road vs. the Pats. It's like this game was a replay of too many games in Foxboro. Does the CS have a clue, or ar they so myopic they simply don't understand the task at hand. I dunno. Again, keeps coming abck to a HC that doesn't care about nor understand offense and still inexpicably thinks he has a great defense.

No argument out of me.

if only sparano ran the ball at 3&1 at the endzone after they were running it down their throats. but no. a slant to chaz, which the patsies covered all day

Agreed. Greene was 100% on making 3rd and 1's and Sanchez completes in the 50's percent of his passes. The math alone dictates to run the ball.

Don't forget the Stephen Hill drop. If he makes that catch it's a key first down and a chip shot FG, game over Jets. It was the right call, the right throw, just a bad drop from a really raw rookie. Hill will learn from that but any fan who is bashing the coaches or Mark isn't remembering that play. Probably the most important play of the game, in terms of how it turned out.

Don't forget the Stephen Hill drop. If he makes that catch it's a key first down and a chip shot FG, game over Jets. It was the right call, the right throw, just a bad drop from a really raw rookie. Hill will learn from that but any fan who is bashing the coaches or Mark isn't remembering that play. Probably the most important play of the game, in terms of how it turned out.

Hill was a bad pick, a wr without good hands, just a taller Lam Jones IMO, draft kids out of SEC, enuff with the ACC crapola

The biggest thing to me was the pass on third and 1 from like the 2 yard line that lead to the FG to make it 16-13. The announcer just got done saying that Shonn Greene is 7 for 7 on 3rd and 1 for the season, and then I see Sanchez in the shotgun with the end zone condensed short field. I think he had made a third and 1 just earlier that drive, I knew that was going to lead to a FG

The biggest thing to me was the pass on third and 1 from like the 2 yard line that lead to the FG to make it 16-13. The announcer just got done saying that Shonn Greene is 7 for 7 on 3rd and 1 for the season, and then I see Sanchez in the shotgun with the end zone condensed short field. I think he had made a third and 1 just earlier that drive, I knew that was going to lead to a FG

Hell, I think if Sanchez runs there, the Jets get the TD. I can't believe that happened.

Archived