Aaron Maybin Cut

unbanmadmike1

This has all makings of a Steroid Warrior in PSU. Never lived up to potential when he had to stop juicing IMHO.

Hey, at least we didnt draft him, LOL

Was he juicing last year? He seemed to play better when he was lighter and faster. I would of been happy if he played the same as he did last year for the whole season.

This has all makings of a Steroid Warrior in PSU. Never lived up to potential when he had to stop juicing IMHO.

Hey, at least we didnt draft him, LOL

1. These guys don't stop juicing.

2. Speed game and he's still got speed. Even when he unsuccessful you can see how he is a freak athlete that would demolish lesser players.

3. Tweener size he is a S-LB in NFL size, but in college that is fine for a DE/OLB. Not everybody can pack on the pounds.

LOL

Speed was his edge. They ask him to gain weight, he gets slow, they cut him and they decided NOT to draft anyone as insurance if the fat Maybin didn't pan out.

Unreal.

Should have kept Rex fat and kept Maybin skinny.

WTF? Coples isn't supposed to be a pass rusher? Maybin was NOT an OLB and he wasn't going to play OLB. I can't get over this place - why don't they do something? Anything? Then they do something and it's looked on as some admission of guilt. The guy was a one trick pony. His trick was useful, but due to injuries they need to carry some extra bodies at RB and TE.

WTF? Coples isn't supposed to be a pass rusher? Maybin was NOT an OLB and he wasn't going to play OLB. I can't get over this place - why don't they do something? Anything? Then they do something and it's looked on as some admission of guilt. The guy was a one trick pony. His trick was useful, but due to injuries they need to carry some extra bodies at RB and TE.

He was a one trick pony last year, this offseason they asked him to bulk up and do more than that one trick. Now he's cut. End of last season he was the best pass rusher we had.

And yes, Coples was drafted to get to the QB.

I thought you were a smarter fan, lately you seen to object to much of what I say with terrible rational and/or revisionist history as your platform - not sure if serious, or histrionics.

Not sure why this is too big of a deal either way. The Jets got half a good season out of a division rivals epic bust, and didn't give up anything to do it. I won't argue that the weight gain thing didn't seem to pan out, but he had already fallen off of the map by the end of last year, with no sacks in the last 4 games, so I'd say it has more a matter of them managing to get something out of Maybin for a little while until teams picked up on what they were doing, and then he went back to sucking. Oh well, sh*t happens. There's enough very legitimate reasons to sh*t all over Tanny and the Jets that we don't need to be blowing every single move out of proportion.

He was a one trick pony last year, this offseason they asked him to bulk up and do more than that one trick. Now he's cut. End of last season he was the best pass rusher we had.

And yes, Coples was drafted to get to the QB.

I thought you were a smarter fan, lately you seen to object to much of what I say with terrible rational and/or revisionist history as your platform - not sure if serious, or histrionics.

What the **** am I revising? It's the fans that thought this stiff could be an every down player. The most I'd hoped is that he'd get another move. He still has the same rush. You said they "decided NOT to draft anyone as insurance if the fat Maybin didn't pan out". What the **** is Coples? A pass rusher. They didn't just draft "insurance" for this FA bust that they cut several times last year, they drafted him in the first round. Please show me the terrible "rational or revisionist history" in my post.

I apologize in that most of my post was aimed at others - who want to complain that they hold on to their picks and pets too long and then complain when the cut a Maybin or Conners. I'd bet he'll probably be back if he isn't signed by somebody else. This is an easy move to squawk about, but all it amounts to is cutting a luxury because of injury problems. Actually, it was aimed at you and others but whatever.

BTW, good line and I agree about fat Rex/skinny Maybin.

LOL

Speed was his edge. They ask him to gain weight, he gets slow, they cut him and they decided NOT to draft anyone as insurance if the fat Maybin didn't pan out.

Unreal.

Should have kept Rex fat and kept Maybin skinny.

yeah, i mean, who would have thought that forcing a speed rusher to put on weight would slow him down? Weird. And i was going to suggest they try Slauson at WR, but now seeing as bigger means slower, i'm thinking that's a bad idea.

lol at rex fat and Maybin skinny.

yeah, i mean, who would have thought that forcing a speed rusher to put on weight would slow him down? Weird. And i was going to suggest they try Slauson at WR, but now seeing as bigger means slower, i'm thinking that's a bad idea.

the New York Jets: ruining lives since 1970.

i heard rumors this was gonna happen and they were gonna sign the guy the falcons just cut?!?! anyone?!?!?!

Who? Polite? Hilliard made enough mistakes Sunday, but I didn't hear they were having him in and with McKnight and Powell hurt they need runners more than blockers. As per Stonehands they already signed Kahlil Bell who tried out today with Steve Slaton. brought in

Archived