Mark Sanchez could miss multiple weeks.

joewilly12

ESPN's Ed Werder stated on SportsCenter Friday that Mark Sanchez's shoulder "bruise" could be a multi-week injury.

Rookie GM John Idzik is loving this; he's been internally pulling hard for Geno Smith. Werder has heard Sanchez's injury "could, in fact, be serious enough to keep him out multiple weeks." Defenses squaring off with the Jets will be recommended fantasy streamer plays, probably for the entire 2013 campaign. This team will be in a world of trouble if it can't consistently run the ball.

Rookie GM John Idzik is loving this; he's been internally pulling hard for Geno Smith.

I haven't seen a false narrative take off like this since Mikey ate a packet of Pop Rocks and his stomach exploded.

lul geno first 2 weeks starting is gonna be awful

mark is at least missing first 2 games since its a short turn around

Now 95%+ of Jets fans in April would have BEGGED for Sanchez to miss 16 games this year... now the sky is falling if he misses games based on 1 preseason game from Smith?

Now 95%+ of Jets fans in April would have BEGGED for Sanchez to miss 16 games this year... now the sky is falling if he misses games based on 1 preseason game from Smith?

Personally, I'm ecstatic he won't be playing week one. I'm a big believer in throwing guys into the fire to see what they are made of. Adversity reveals character. We'll find out real quick what type of mental fortitude Geno has.

Personally, I'm ecstatic he won't be playing week one. I'm a big believer in throwing guys into the fire to see what they are made of. Adversity reveals character. We'll find out real quick what type of mental fortitude Geno has.

i didnt want mark to play because i thought he sucked. I also thought geno should be thrown in to be starter. The problem is geno did not win the competition so hes either not ready or worse then mark. And i didnt want him winning because he wasnt mark.

Best player plays and unfortunately it wasnt geno

i didnt want mark to play because i thought he sucked. I also thought geno should be thrown in to be starter. The problem is geno did not win the competition so hes either not ready or worse then mark. And i didnt want him winning because he wasnt mark.

I agree. He didn't beat Mark out. Since Mark is injured, I'm interested to see how Geno responds. Hence, why I don't mind seeing him start week one.

lul geno first 2 weeks starting is gonna be awful

mark is at least missing first 2 games since its a short turn around

Sanchez will never start again after Geno starts, regardless of how Geno plays. The Jets need to just release Sanchez now and move on. He is not a Jet next year anyway

Geno played better than Mark. From today's report looks like MM agrees with that.

? on what planet?

I wanted geno on this team and i wanted him to be good but he did not beat out sanchez. Even if it does suck

If you objectively look at their play in preseason games Geno was stronger. He was more accurate, had better ball placement, threw less passes that had a chance to be intercepted, demonstrated nice resilience, showed mobility that Sanchez can never match, a bigger arm and just as much command of the offense. He made a couple bad plays, but so did Sanchez but for some reason people want to forget or excuse those. Geno outplayed Sanchez in practice and was much better in the GNW game

Geno certainly has things to work on, but if you actually analyze the performances he is already ahead of Sanchez who is the same guy he always was.

If you objectively look at their play in preseason games Geno was stronger. He was more accurate, had better ball placement, threw less passes that had a chance to be intercepted, demonstrated nice resilience, showed mobility that Sanchez can never match, a bigger arm and just as much command of the offense. He made a couple bad plays, but so did Sanchez but for some reason people want to forget or excuse those. Geno outplayed Sanchez in practice and was much better in the GNW game

Geno certainly has things to work on, but if you actually analyze the performances he is already ahead of Sanchez who is the same guy he always was.

those are all subjective. There are no stats to back any of that up and i disagree with a lot of it

what are you basing your statement about idzik on ?

mehta articles ?

don't you think he just wants one QB to play well and win games ?

LOL. Why would he want that? Its sad where some of this crap comes from. Idzik privately hopes Sanchez can't play so his guy Smith can, even though Smith isn't ready. Makes perfect sense.

Seriously?

and why did Nick Mangold almost take offense when the sideline reporter asked him about the headband his QB wears....."responding with: well, why does anyone care?" wasn't expecting him to say that...was hoping for him to say something like"bc he is a DOUCHE" but apparently he on the Mark Sanchez wagon w Rexy.  

and why did Nick Mangold almost take offense when the sideline reporter asked him about the headband his QB wears....."responding with: well, why does anyone care?" wasn't expecting him to say that...was hoping for him to say something like"bc he is a DOUCHE" but apparently he on the Mark Sanchez wagon w Rexy.  

Mangold has always been a big Sanchez guy 

because mangold wears the same headband. I always wondered why they gave sanchez sh*t over the headband and not a peep about mangolds same headband

If Geno starts the season, it's hard to imagine Sanchez getting back into the lineup unless Geno gets hurt. And depending on the timing of that hypothetical injury, it could be Simms rather than Sanchez who gets in there.

Archived