Are the Jets legitimate playoff contenders?

victorjets

Our schedule says possibly we are but just no longer being a circus is good enough for me this season.

Let's see if Geno, Milliner & Rex improve and then address our roster weaknesses in the off season.  It would be huge if we ended this season feeling that we do not have to address both CB's, QB and HC.

Have to be happy with the D-line and the RB's have suprised.

W's are gravy this season IMO.

will we makw the playoffs? maybe

contenders to win it all? no chance

If we swapped out A Smith, and J Charles for Geno, and our RB's do you think otherwise? Because to me that is the only real difference between us, and the Chiefs, and they are 9-0!

5-4 with our remaining schedule absolutely we're absolutely "contenders" for the playoffs.

But we're still a young developing team with a rookie QB and we're incredibly inconsistent, so even if we made it, the chances of us doing anything there are pretty slim.

If the Jets win the Superbowl the mortadella sandwiches, caipirinha's and brazilians sluts are on me!

I quote (with som modification) Sperm from the breast cancer thread;

"No. Any donations you make should not be contingent upon the Jets winning Superbowl they have a 99,9% chance of losing.

I know you meant to do something good, but it will make you feel good to just do it anyway."

I think it all depend on what happens to Miami.

Buffalo looks done

Raiders could be done

Cleveland could be interesting

I hope this whole bullying thing rips them apart.

10-6 is definitely on the table for this team and if they can get to 10 then they should get in.

I think it all depend on what happens to Miami.

Buffalo looks done

Raiders could be done

Cleveland could be interesting

I hope this whole bullying thing rips them apart.

10-6 is definitely on the table for this team and if they can get to 10 then they should get in.

You're forgetting TEN who we lost to already.  They are 4-4.  If they win next week against JAX (duh!) we are tied but behind them.  They play IND twice and DEN once more but the rest of their games are daisies.  JAX twice, OAK, ARI, and HOU (who might be tough based on tonight's game).  So I could see them going 10-6 if they can steal one of the three tough ones.

It's still a long shot, but I hope they do. but even if they don't, I'm happy that the Jets are at least moving in the right direction. Yes, Geno completed less than 50% of his passes, but not for the same reasons Sanchez would fail to do so. The O-line is younger and better than it was the past two seasons, the running game is finally better than the 20ypg than what Shonn Greene produced, and the D-line is awesome. They still need at least one playmaker on offense, another cb and safety wouldn't hurt either.

If we swapped out A Smith, and J Charles for Geno, and our RB's do you think otherwise? Because to me that is the only real difference between us, and the Chiefs, and they are 9-0!

The Chiefs have a much better defense than we do and they create turnovers to boot. We are not consistent enough yet to be compared to that defense

The Chiefs have a much better defense than we do and they create turnovers to boot. We are not consistent enough yet to be compared to that defense

Their secondary is much better than ours, but our front 7 is better than theirs, but the difference isn't enough to make up the difference in secondary, but if you take the difference Smith, and Charles make in both TOP, and points scored maybe our D creates a lot mote TO's!

⇑⇑Fair enough but who was Geno supposed to throw the ball to?

Santonio Homes was out, then Kerley goes out.  The #2 starting WR, Stephen Hill, is a work-in-progress who we are trying to bring along but don't expect too much from yet.  Oh, and Cumberland, the journeyman TE who was beginning to show more than that via a rapport with Geno-he's also out.

Our "regular" WR's-David Nelson and Salas-have been with the team 3 weeks and 1 week respectively.

Their secondary is much better than ours, but our front 7 is better than theirs, but the difference isn't enough to make up the difference in secondary, but if you take the difference Smith, and Charles make in both TOP, and points scored maybe our D creates a lot mote TO's!

I can see TOP helping keep a defense rested and ready for the 4th Quarter (where most games are won and lost) but creating turnovers is a different animal all together. The Jets have not created a lot of turnovers and they have contributed plenty on offense, that's a bad combo.

I always felt the quick strike offenses were detrimental to their defenses. If you notice most high powered offenses also surrender a lot of points and that WILL catch up to you in the playoffs it always does. A large percentage of the top offenses over the years get beat in the playoffs. Most teams that win the SB have superior ball control offense's that can also play solid defense. That's exactly why KC should be the favorite going into the playoffs and that includes beating the Denver Broncos. KC is probably the best all around football team in the NFL right now

Any time a team defeats two legitimate Super Bowl contenders within 3 wks and has a winning record, they ARE a legitimate playoff contenders.

Now if the Jets were 4-5, that would have been answered as a "NO".

Any time a team defeats two legitimate Super Bowl contenders within 3 wks and has a winning record, they ARE a legitimate playoff contenders.

Now if the Jets were 4-5, that would have been answered as a "NO".

Agreed and all those who predicted us a 4-12 2-14 team have been silenced. 5-4 going into the bye week is great!

id like both of those

i think KC also has a better WR core just from the fact ours is being decimated by injurt

Archived