49ers to cut Nnamdi today - consider him, or too washed up?

nj meadowlands

I mean I don't know what you mean talking about Plaxico Burress and how it relates to this.

It was the same offseason that we went all in on Aso and signed Plaxico. We let Brad smith, Braylon Edwards, Shawn Ellis, and Cotch go, all solid contributors and/ team leaders while going for those two boneheads. ( you can add to is Mason and signing Holmes if you wish). We could have lost Cromartie in that mele too.

I was making reference to the memory of that in comparison to Aso being placed on waivers today, a mere three seasons later.

Does that help ?

It was the same offseason that we went all in on Aso and signed Plaxico. We let Brad smith, Braylon Edwards, Shawn Ellis, and Cotch go, all solid contributors and/ team leaders while going for those two boneheads. ( you can add to is Mason and signing Holmes if you wish). We could have lost Cromartie in that mele too.

I was making reference to the memory of that in comparison to Aso being placed on waivers today, a mere three seasons later.

Does that help ?

Stupid Jets should have quietly snuck in like the Texans did, and offered Jonathan Joseph the same deal Namdi got, and we would all still be laughing at how we stole Joseph while Aso, and Cro went elsewhere.

Stupid Jets should have quietly snuck in like the Texans did, and offered Jonathan Joseph the same deal Namdi got, and we would all still be laughing at how we stole Joseph while Aso, and Cro went elsewhere.

Remember that? While we were standing in line for Aso they got Joseph. I was losing mu $hit that day.   I'm happy with Cro and think he has been a good Jet over his entire tenure here. This season is a down year for him, but he is starting to settle I feel.  If we would have lost him too it would have been even more humiliating.   That was the worst offseason in my memory as a Jets fan. Ellis signing with the Pats made it that much worse.

Does that help ?

Yes.

Does that help ?

The only move I didn't like was Braylon. Smith was a no brainer with the money he got, Ellis was old, and Cotchery wanted out.

The only move I didn't like was Braylon. Smith was a no brainer with the money he got, Ellis was old, and Cotchery wanted out.

Not true.

Smith never would have met with the Bills if we met with him. We ignored him while going for Aso. Cotch wanted out because of the way he was being treated. He was under appreciated and under valued by the regime and asked to be let go. Ellis may have been getting older, but had three sacks in the Pats playoff game a few months prior to letting him walk. He was the kind of player you let fill a role as a backup/reserve type and let him end his career as a Jet.

Yeah Kerry Washington. He wants to pursue acting as well if I recall.

If I had Kerry Washington at home, my legs would be a lot weaker, too.

Not true.

Smith never would have met with the Bills if we met with him. We ignored him while going for Aso. Cotch wanted out because of the way he was being treated. He was under appreciated and under valued by the regime and asked to be let go. Ellis may have been getting older, but had three sacks in the Pats playoff game a few months prior to letting him walk. He was the kind of player you let fill a role as a backup/reserve type and let him end his career as a Jet.

Going after Aso was amazingly stupid. I hated it the whole time, and got a lot of crap on this board - the majority of which seemed to think that getting Nnamdi would be a clever idea. Lol.

But the Jets were never gonna give Brad Smith $4M/year, Nnamdi or not. Ditto with Ellis, who got $4M for one season when the Jets were offering the vets minimum - and weren't willing to go much higher. Tannenbaum sucked, but letting those guys go at those prices was the right thing to do.

It could be that a cornerback excels in one system and not in another. That's certainly the situation with Revis, and maybe that's what happened to Aso. Happens tons of times, that a guy is never the same after he is traded (not just cornerback but in any position), because of surrounding circumstances.

If I had Kerry Washington at home, my legs would be a lot weaker, too.

Going after Aso was amazingly stupid. I hated it the whole time, and got a lot of crap on this board - the majority of which seemed to think that getting Nnamdi would be a clever idea. Lol.

But the Jets were never gonna give Brad Smith $4M/year, Nnamdi or not. Ditto with Ellis, who got $4M for one season when the Jets were offering the vets minimum - and weren't willing to go much higher. Tannenbaum sucked, but letting those guys go at those prices was the right thing to do.

I agree on the price but a smart GM would have locked both of those guys up prior to them seeing too much of the FA world. Each of them played extremely valuable roles on this team and were a part of the bigger picture. 

High class guys who had their impact on the field. 

Brad smith was on record saying the Jets didn't even contact him and he felt the Jets were uninterested in re signing him at all.  Ellis said the Jets insulted him with Vet min talk. We could have offered him a modest salary and he never meets with the Pats. 

We gave Burress 3 mil just coming out of prison and not playing for 2 years so let's not get crazy with what the Jets could and would do with money. LOL

Not true.

Meh, I'm not one to defend Tanny, because he was an idiot, but these things were faaaaaaaaaaar from his real mistakes as a GM.  Ellis was way past his prime and while I think most would have loved him to stay and retire as a Jet he thought he was still a starter, wanted to be one and most importantly wanted to be paid like one.  The Jets weren't willing to do it but the Pats were, and he lasted a grand total of one more year in the league.  Cotch's allegedly being undervalued was all an illusion in his head.  He was the one being a pouty little bitch because the Jets wouldn't hand him the #2 role, he asked to be cut and so he was, yet the best he could do was get the #5 WR job on the Steelers.  Smith was a KR and not much more, beyond one more tool for Schitty to piss us off with.  He wasn't worth anywhere close to the amount of money he got.

The Jets became a complete mess a lot of reasons, and plenty of them related to Tanny's stupid ass, but letting three guys walk who have combined to do next to nothing in the three years since then is not particularly high on that list.

Dont think Cro is playing like sh*t at all. He isnt the Cro of last but in all honesty Cro was playing nearly Revis-like after Revis went down. I'd even say Cro was a top 3 CB last season. This season, he's back to the old Cro, making plays and also making some mistakes. He obviously has room to improve but I'm confident he will. As far as Milliner, he's young, you have to let these players meet their challenges. Kids been injured for half the season, I think his arrow is pointed up. (I'll be the first to say though we shouldnt have even drafted Milliner IMO). 

My biggest disappointment was definitely the Aaron Berry injury that happened this preseason. I heard great things about his play and how he was so improved, I think he wouldve helped alot. 

Hey at least Walls has stepped up. 

Archived