Rex Ryan Is Getting Fired (Speculation Thread)

Lizard King

Will Rex Ryan return as the Head Coach of the NY Jets after this season?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Will Rex Ryan return as the Head Coach of the NY Jets after this season?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can believe Rex is getting fired but if Snoopy bowl is the reason we are in big trouble with Idzik in charge.  Everyone knows Idzik wanted to start Geno. That's the whole reason why Geno started preseason game 3 even though he didn't earn it. 

Got to disagree Bit.  I Like Rex, but said at the time that if it was Rex who was fully responsible for putting Sanchez back in that game at that point, he deserved to be canned.

The season was lost at that moment.   Don't like Sanchez, and am glad he's gone, but he's much better then Smith

Got to disagree Bit.  I Like Rex, but said at the time that if it was Rex who was fully responsible for putting Sanchez back in that game at that point, he deserved to be canned.

The season was lost at that moment.   Don't like Sanchez, and am glad he's gone, but he's much better then Smith

So it is only competition for Geno?  They only play with the ones?  Simms was supposed to get all the reps with the twos AND threes?  Makes perfect sense.  If only Mark Sanchez weren't such a valuable commodity that we could not risk getting him injured.  I'm sure that Idzik would have preferred starting Sanchez.

I wonder what "offensive personnel decisions they are referring to. They haven't cut anybody of any value whatsoever.  The lack of talent is obvious, but it was known at the start of camp.  Maybe which TE they used?  The use of the WRs that were hurt and lagging?  Winters is probably the main guy starting that is below JAG level and you'd think that would be on Idzik. 

Only three things can happen in any situation -- results decline; stay the same; or improve.  And two of the three are unacceptable in the case of the Jets. The trend line during Rex's tenure is pretty clear.  The quality of the product on the field stinks and, ultimately, that is on his head.

Whether this gets him the axe, who knows with this dysfunctional organization.  Based on five years of results, he deserves to be fired.

Rex will be let go because of his complete resume- not based on one factor or decision - 

This.

Rex                     Herm

Years coached                              5                            5

Winning Seasons                         2                            3

Divisional Titles                            0                            1

Playoff Appearances                    2                            3

Playoff Games                               6                            5

Playoff Wins                                   4                            2

Super Bowls Promised               2                            0

BTW ... Baltimore has won a Super Bowl since he left. 

Rex is overrated.

people talk about how firing Rex will bring hope

remember when replacing Schotty with Sparano brought hope? 

No, because most of us wanted Rex fired after the season before he had another great hire in Sparano.

Nope, HOPE starts December 30th, 2013. Until then, nothing but despair.

people talk about how firing Rex will bring hope

remember when replacing Schotty with Sparano brought hope? 

LOL

Not to me.  I live in South Florida and know how well Sparano handled the Fish.  I was very sad to see him get fired, then beside myself when the Jets hired him

No, because most of us wanted Rex fired after the season before he had another great hire in Sparano.

Nope, HOPE starts December 30th, 2013. Until then, nothing but despair.

No, that's not true.  Even now after this disastrous season  Jets fans are closely split on if Rex should stay or not.    See the poll thread.   35-30

I'd be more inclined to buy this if Clayton wasn't the only one saying it. Almost everyone else thinks that Rex had overachieved and the Jets will keep him. Unless Clayton is talking to people nobody else has access to, I'd be surprised if he's right.

I can believe Rex is getting fired but if Snoopy bowl is the reason we are in big trouble with Idzik in charge. Everyone knows Idzik wanted to start Geno. That's the whole reason why Geno started preseason game 3 even though he didn't earn it.

let me guess... 9/11 was an inside job.

Its not really shocking. The team once again started faster than it finished and played very inconsistent throughout. You really can't have that three years in a row. If after the 5-4 start the team played well and lost it would be one thing - but they played horrible in some of those games.

I'd be more inclined to buy this if Clayton wasn't the only one saying it. Almost everyone else thinks that Rex had overachieved and the Jets will keep him. Unless Clayton is talking to people nobody else has access to, I'd be surprised if he's right.

You know for sure that Idzik isn't telling Clayton, so it's coming from an assistant coach who knows he's about to be unemployed. Sanchez's brother has been a fairly reliable source all year, to boot.

Some team will be getting an awesome DC pretty soon. 

True, but there are other awesome DC's in the league. Maybe this opens up a chance for Dunbar? Greg Williams will also be available as well as other good candidates. My point is, Rex is not irreplaceable.

This sounds too good to be true.

I'm not buying Clayton having a reliable source on this.

Why the hell would Rex have told Sanchez he wasn't going in that game, than put him in, and Sanchez get mad at Idzik??

Makes no sense. Rex needs to go, but the Sanchez injury was in Idzik, not Wrex.

Makes me question the validity if the story.

But I would be soooooo happy if true. As happy as I was when Herm was finally gone .

JiF being the president of Santonio Holmes fan club is bad enough, but supporting Rex puts you over the top. I think Rex is staying. Not because he is a good coach - or even an adequate one - but because Woody Johnson WANTS him back, period. John Idzik will have to pull a "him or me" scenario if he wants to can Rex because he will be doing so over the objection of the owner. Get ready for another two years of mediocre / losing football and yet another rookie QB that will be fouled up. On and on it goes in Jet land.

This sounds too good to be true.

I'm not buying Clayton having a reliable source on this.

Why the hell would Rex have told Sanchez he wasn't going in that game, than put him in, and Sanchez get mad at Idzik??

Makes no sense. Rex needs to go, but the Sanchez injury was in Idzik, not Wrex.

Makes me question the validity if the story.

But I would be soooooo happy if true. As happy as I was when Herm was finally gone .

Because Sanchez is a moron who was mad that Tebow and then Geno were brought in to take his job despite Rex's wishes.

Archived