DB Patterson to visit Jets today

Cmartin

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Depth is great... when you have starters in front of it. When you don't, it's just called "being a bad team."

exactly - this guy is not being looked at for depth.  We have enough 'depth'.  Berry, Walls, Reeves, Wilson . What we need a prime time shut down corner like Denard or Gilbert .    

At this point, I think they're an 8-8 team, give or take, because:

1. They overachieved a bit last year,

2. The schedule is tougher this season and,

3. They haven't done enough to improve the team this off-season.

The draft picks will help, but I still don't think that gets them above 8-8. It's easy to forget that every team has picks, so every team improves in that way. What is really comes down to is that we have 2 extra 4th rounders and a few extra 6th and 7th rounders as an advantage over the rest. That's not much of an advantage at all.

Unless Geno Smith puts up a 60%/3,500/25 TD/10 INT season, they'd go 8-8 anyway. No player signing would change that.

Unless Geno Smith puts up a 60%/3,500/25 TD/10 INT season, they'd go 8-8 anyway. No player signing would change that.

Disagree we could have signed the best shut down corner in football and 1 of the best WRs in the game that alone equals an additional 3-4 wins we could have been a 12 win team.

Wtf is this world coming to when T0mShane is the voice of reason and stoicsentry is the one going off the deep end.  I think I need to take up alcoholism as a hobby to deal with this sh*t.

At this point, I think they're an 8-8 team, give or take, because:

1. They overachieved a bit last year,

2. The schedule is tougher this season and,

3. They haven't done enough to improve the team this off-season.

The draft picks will help, but I still don't think that gets them above 8-8. It's easy to forget that every team has picks, so every team improves in that way. What is really comes down to is that we have 2 extra 4th rounders and a few extra 6th and 7th rounders as an advantage over the rest. That's not much of an advantage at all.

in all fairness we have no idea how easy or tough the schedule is in march , who thought last march Atlanta and Houston were gonna be the two worst teams in the league and Arizona was gonna win 11 games?

Patterson is a good prospect.  I hope the jets sign him. 

Aren't "Prospects" in their early 20's?

There's a lot of tape on this guy, so you know what you'll be getting. Coming off an injury and will add more depth to a position that has tons of depth, but zero #1 talent.

Aren't "Prospects" in their early 20's?

There's a lot of tape on this guy, so you know what you'll be getting. Coming off an injury and will add more depth to a position that has tons of depth, but zero #1 talent.

milliners talent is off the charts.  I really don't see the point in discussing football with you

milliners talent is off the charts.  I really don't see the point in discussing football with you

Were any football people saying that the 1st 12 weeks of the season? No. He came on in the last few weeks against Oakland, Carolina, Cleveland and Miami. Not "Murderer's Row" by any means.

He'll be a quality player... a true #1? lord I hope so. Right now, no.

I'm grateful you won't be discussing football with me.... Your heads too big and your ideas too small.

At this point in time? If you want a specific answer, I'll say that they're a slightly below average team. I don't know if that's "bad" to you, but it's definitely closer to "bad" than to good.

To be a little clearer on my problem with the potential signing: it's nice to sign a decent backup safety or corner. It would be even nicer to sign a legitimate starting safety or corner.

Ok. So you think the Jets will go 8 and 8 again and they are closer to bad than good.  Got it.

Rex can take a dump and turn it into a backup corner.  He has two 1st round picks that are CBs.  So sign me not worried.

in all fairness we have no idea how easy or tough the schedule is in march , who thought last march Atlanta and Houston were gonna be the two worst teams in the league and Arizona was gonna win 11 games?

Totally agree.

Which is why I say the Jets were 8 and 8 last year and I have no reason to believe they will be worse this year.

Disagree we could have signed the best shut down corner in football and 1 of the best WRs in the game that alone equals an additional 3-4 wins we could have been a 12 win team.

I agree. Kenny Britt and DRC would have put us over the top last year. That Idzik guy doesn't know what he's doing.....

Archived