The Official Draft Thread (Day Two)

Maxman

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So... lot's of corners still out there, who is the best fit for our defense?

Also, at what point to you say... "how is Gabe Jackson still sitting there?" and jump up and get him for the cost of a 5th?

I'm surprised we haven't traded up at all, does idzik seriously plan to sign 12 players most of them in the later rounds?

We have 12 picks, 4 of which can't be traded. 

2 have been made, the 5, 6, 7 go a lot further when added to 4ths and to move up. I do think if there's value he'll go get it, what I don't think he's willing to do is give away 3rds and 4ths in order to gain late 2nds.

Low-cost moving around seems more like Idzik to me.

I'm surprised we haven't traded up at all, does idzik seriously plan to sign 12 players most of them in the later rounds?

Why not? We had a host of scrubs last year. There are plenty of positions free for the taking on the Jets. We start grooming some young guys that we drafted and set our team up for an in house farm system. 

If we aren't enamored with 20 or so players on the team why not draft 12 new guys to complete with them?  It also could be looked at as getting the pick of the UDFA litter as well.  

I bet he picks at minimum 10 and just as likely keeps all of the picks. 

Why not? We had a host of scrubs last year. There are plenty of positions free for the taking on the Jets. We start grooming some young guys that we drafted and set our team up for an in house farm system. 

If we aren't enamored with 20 or so players on the team why not draft 12 new guys to complete with them?  It also could be looked at as getting the pick of the UDFA litter as well.  

I bet he picks at minimum 10 and just as likely keeps all of the picks. 

I agree.

My hope/expectation is to see him turn one of the 4th rounders into a late 3rd - so we get 2 picks in round 3.

I agree.

My hope/expectation is to see him turn one of the 4th rounders into a late 3rd - so we get 2 picks in round 3.

That would be fine by me. I'm secretly hoping/ waiting for the Jets to trade for a player (CB)  on another team Joseph or Claiborn. I seriously think that's happening 

Blessing in disguise, bro. He is a stud

I didn't love him when comparing him to Matthews but he would be a good value pick in the 3rd and could be a contributor this year so he's the pick I'm hoping for I think.

With the next 10 picks who do you expect to draft that will be an opening day starter?

Gabe Jackson. You can get a starting OG in round 3. What other teams are selecting opening day starters at this point?

The fact that we are coming out of this draft 2/2 on draft picks that likely will start on opening day is a big accomplishment. You literally have spent your life watching football and understand this little about it? 

Gabe Jackson. You can get a starting OG in round 3. What other teams are selecting opening day starters at this point?

The fact that we are coming out of this draft 2/2 on draft picks that likely will start on opening day is a big accomplishment. You literally have spent your life watching football and understand this little about it? 

What would you like to bet none of the next 10 picks will be an opening day starter and 4 wont be on the roster.

Archived