Lost my passion for the Jets

use2Jet

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rex sucks

Come on now, this is too far. It sucks that he is the HC, but he does not suck. He is merely average at best. Your argument about average being worse than bad is spot on, no need to go overboard.

Look how cute, the Rexcusers are all joining forces. I love the gifs, I often wonder how grown men? have time to find these stupid gifs and post them.

It's really not that difficult.. there's this thing called google. Takes a couple of seconds really

HTH

Look how cute, the Rexcusers are all joining forces. I love the gifs, I often wonder how grown men? have time to find these stupid gifs and post them.

It's really not that difficult.. there's this thing called google. Takes a couple of seconds really

HTH

Beat me to it.

Less time to to google an image than to translate those posts into English.

I'm not gonna be as nice as CTM and EY.

Are you ******* serious, use2jet?

Based on your dumbass posts I'm gonna guess you are. 

HTH

Google, hmmm, sounds interesting, will have to check it out. Is that a site for finding clever gif files and jpg files for use on message boards?

Google, hmmm, sounds interesting, will have to check it out. Is that a site for finding clever gif files and jpg files for use on message boards?

That's it's main purpose, yes

Back to the original topic, though, this year's Jets team is going to be really boring.

They are going to go 9-7, have literally zero chance to win a SB, possibly sneak in one playoff win against a bad opponent if they get so lucky.

Geno will be up and down all year, good enough to not take a QB next year, but not good and will still have question marks at the QB position.

Fans will anoint Rex as a modern day, heftier Jesus.

Idzik will be the single greatest GM of all time.

Jet fans will be giddy.

2015-2019 will be similar, ranging from 7-9 to 9-7. The Rexcusers will argue that it could be worse and point to Kotite and Herm, and round and round we will go.

They are going to go 9-7, have literally zero chance to win a SB, possibly sneak in one playoff win against a bad opponent if they get so lucky.

Geno will be up and down all year, good enough to not take a QB next year, but not good and will still have question marks at the QB position.

Fans will anoint Rex as a modern day, heftier Jesus.

Idzik will be the single greatest GM of all time.

Jet fans will be giddy.

2015-2019 will be similar, ranging from 7-9 to 9-7. The Rexcusers will argue that it could be worse and point to Kotite and Herm, and round and round we will go.

I'm retracting my earlier optimism regarding an 8-8 type finish. I think this is a 6-10 year.

I'm retracting my earlier optimism regarding an 8-8 type finish. I think this is a 6-10 year.

The Jets are built to take advantage of the parity laden NFL. They will beat a bunch of really bad teams , sneak out a win or two against a decent team. They are not one of the horrible teams of the NFL, nor are they one of the very good to great teams.

I am getting less optimisitic as time goes on and reality sets in. We have so many question marks there is no way they all can be solved this year.Never mind not having a decent QB what about OL,pass rush, LB, CB and Punter. I am lowering my expectations and going into the season hoping we can solve half the issues we have. Nobody could fix this team in one off season, especially being so cautious.. Great, looking forward  to 2015 already. It gets old after awhile. And if we fire Rex, its another wasted year in 2015 getting used to new coaches.

Hey guys, cool forum. Been reading for a while before I decided to start posting. 

I am a mid 40's Jets fan, and I have really lost my passion for the Jets the past few years. Really started in the offseason of 2011, and is getting worse and worse every single season. I used to truly love the Jets, I mean love them. My moods during football season would follow a Jet win or loss for the whole week.

I find that while I am still a Jet fan, I just don't care nearly as much about them anymore.

I despise the owner, I think Rex while a likeable guy, is nothing more than a mediocre HC who acts like a clown, and I think Idzik is Mr. Conservative who will play for 9-7 every year.

I see most of you here are really high on Rex and Idzik, and I just don't get it. I mean, being a Jet fan for as long as I have, I get that average and mediocre are much better than most of our history, but why should that be enough?Why shouldn't we have a great team? Why do we have to settle for Geno Smith? Why do we draft DB or DL with virtually every 1st round pick we have?

This whole team is designed for eternal 7-9 to 9-7. The d will always be good enough to avoid complete disaster, and the O will never be good enough to be more than slightly above, below average. Rex is a cure, he is not good enough to take us to the promise land, and not bad enough to can him. 

I think many Jets fans are disillusioned by incredibly good fortune in 09 and 10, I really do.

Anyway, I know most disagree with me and to each their own, this is just my take on the state of the Jets.

Post of the decade.

if you are a true fan then Jets in any situation support them

Even if that sentence made any sense, grammatically, it makes no sense philosophically. Being a true fan does not mean you are not allowed to acknowledge reality.

Even if that sentence made any sense, grammatically, it makes no sense philosophically. Being a true fan does not mean you are not allowed to acknowledge reality.

See, you are someone I'd acknowledge has lost this passion that use2Jet has claimed he's lost.  Or G.O.B.  Or others.  At some point, many decide the team isn't worth wasting the same energy on that they once did.  Fair enough.

Use2Jet writes way too much and responds to way too much, and gets way too excited for anyone to believe he's anything but passionate about the team.  

Back in the day? You and I went back & forth plenty, and I have difficult remembering any of it that was remotely pleasant or even superficially cordial.  But if the same players/coaches arguments came up now? I'd be surprised if your response to anything wouldn't be along the lines of, "Yeah, fine.  Whatever.  You win.  I really don't give a crap anymore.  Jets suck.  Blow me." Lol.  And then you'd be absent here for the next few months, give or take.  Not finding fault with you over it even in the slightest.  Just that this is an example of someone whose passion for the team isn't nearly what it was.  The OP is no such example.

I did not want to speak philosophical. I just said that one should always trust their favorite team

People are passionate about this thread.

Max has upgraded my account to the super secret, extra benefits account for starting such a great thread on my first thread. Imagine what I will create with the next thread I start?

I admit, after the season I get the usual duldrums and it takes me a couple of months to stop hating

the Jets.  But then in late summer they pull those Green and White Jerseys out and I'm like a crack

head.  "Gov'ment took my baby!"  No, jk, I'm addicted to the Jets again.

I agree with this poster. Really, the only interesting storylines of the 2014 season are:

1. Can Marty save Rex's job?

2. Will Geno not suck?

That's it. This is a purgatorial season. We're not competing for a title; all we're doing is waiting around.

You agree with this main post and in defense you ask these 2 mind boggling questions:

1.) Can Marty save Rex's job, LOL if this isn’t the ignorance of a fan that needs to pay attention to last year! Marty has been and continues to praise REX & his Defense for saving his offense on many games which they had to lean on them to win.. Marty needed Rex & now Rex is going to get a nice compliment offense to go with his stout Defense! :)

2.) Will Geno suck is a question raised but it’s not that simple with a year under his belt, experience in the same offense with increase in depth and with players he had time to build cemetery with. Geno will have his moments but I foresee great things we never saw last year because of the talent he possess now doesn’t indicate a worse or even close season as last year.

(A wise man once told me that experience and talent comes best without so much help just proper guidence...Geno is growing and perfecting his talents and his offensive core.. Their plan is opposite of what they did wrong with Sanchez.. They are truly building sustainable success!) :superman:

::GoJets:

2.) Will Geno suck is a question raised but it’s not that simple with a year under his belt, experience in the same offense with increase in depth and with players he had time to build cemetery with.

uuhhhhmmmmm ....

Brund+Pierre+Grave+Diggers+Dig+Fill+Grav

You agree with this main post and in defense you ask these 2 mind boggling questions:

1.) Can Marty save Rex's job, LOL if this isn’t the ignorance of a fan that needs to pay attention to last year! Marty has been and continues to praise REX & his Defense for saving his offense on many games which they had to lean on them to win.. Marty needed Rex & now Rex is going to get a nice compliment offense to go with his stout Defense! :)

2.) Will Geno suck is a question raised but it’s not that simple with a year under his belt, experience in the same offense with increase in depth and with players he had time to build cemetery with. Geno will have his moments but I foresee great things we never saw last year because of the talent he possess now doesn’t indicate a worse or even close season as last year.

(A wise man once told me that experience and talent comes best without so much help just proper guidence...Geno is growing and perfecting his talents and his offensive core.. Their plan is opposite of what they did wrong with Sanchez.. They are truly building sustainable success!) :superman:

::GoJets:

LOL Sustainanle success? Yeah ok. This team doesn't look any better now than it did 2-3 years ago.

Geno "growing"?

Whats he only going to take a 5 step drop out of the shotgun instead of 7?

Archived