*****THE OFFICIAL SEASON OPENING RAIDERS SUCK GAME THREAD****

ZachEY

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

82% completion...have the Jets had a QB do that...ever?

He looks light years ahead of last season, ball placement was superb. The biggest positive for me was the way he was going through his progressions, recognising the open receiver and making a quick decision very little hesitation going on which got him in trouble last year. Still a few silly plays with the 2 fumbles and big sack but still miles better than last season.

2 fumbles (1 lost) a bad INT and a few "Madden" type deep drops on 3rd down, 1 costing a game clinching FG. He wasn't helped by the Vick/Wildcat plays. Still not seeing an NFL QB.

You are out of your mind if you think Geno is not an NFL QB...definitely is not Top 10 yet, but he just completed 82% of his passes with 2 throwaways in his 17th professional game...had 260 total yards and as much as he got "lucky" on a couple of plays, he also had a few plays taken away either by shotty reffing or "bad luck" of his own. All in all a very respectable first game.

The real story will be seen next week after the team has time to watch tape and clean up some things offensively. 

Running the ball when he doesn't need to. Not sliding but diving head first. That INT, I didn't blame him for. He had to throw that ball away.. that 20 yard loss was bad. I am excited at the progress though! I LOVE O Lineman with attitude. I will trade a penalty or two for a tough guy who sets the tone.

The fumble was bad. QBS should not fumble downfield, but he was driving to score and a helmet caught the ball. He was being tough. So I won't worry about that. I too wish he would slide more.

I'm pretty satisfied with Geno today.  Especially based on where he was a year ago.

Yep. He made a few mistakes. One required a sick, diving catch. One should have been called back (knee was down). And the last he just needs to know the situation better. 

All are very fixable with experience. But his throws were really, really good (on target). His one off-target throw wasn't THAT far off the mark (the one to Cumberland).

Refs erased who knows how many yards (since drives woudl have been sustained, situations would have been different).

It was an imperfet game. But it was a good one.

The fumble was bad. QBS should not fumble downfield, but he was driving to score and a helmet caught the ball. He was being tough. So I won't worry about that. I too wish he would slide more.

Also, his knee was down.

And, it's clear after that play, he started to slide.

Yep. He made a few mistakes. One required a sick, diving catch. One should have been called back (knee was down). And the last he just needs to know the situation better. 

All are very fixable with experience. But his throws were really, really good (on target). His one off-target throw wasn't THAT far off the mark (the one to Cumberland).

Refs erased who knows how many yards (since drives woudl have been sustained, situations would have been different).

Agree with all of it.

With Sanchez and Pennington, we talked about the eye test... Today, despite some issues, it looked like we had an actual QB out there.

He was at least twice as good as this time last year.

Also, his knee was down.

And, it's clear after that play, he started to slide.

no geyno - the rule is if contact is made prior to the knee hitting, then its continuous --which is exactly what happened - Geno should have protected the ball better - just dumb on his part

you moron...half of those completions were flairs and screens. your mother would have had 85% completion rate on those passes

The Geno supporters are grasping at straws. Or in the case of one poster who had a rather unnatural suggestion for me, something...more flaccid on their person.This was a crap team the Jets had to and should beat.This formual-solid defense, good running attack-can work often  if you have a QB who is at least smart and protects the ball. Geno Smith barely does those things. The fact that he's a little better last year when he sucked is not gonna get it done. He is a liability.  Which is why they're running those Wildcat/Vick sets near the goal line. The CS has no confidence in him or they rent doing that.

Archived