*****THE OFFICIAL SEASON OPENING RAIDERS SUCK GAME THREAD****

ZachEY

no geyno - the rule is if contact is made prior to the knee hitting, then its continuous --which is exactly what happened - Geno should have protected the ball better - just dumb on his part

Tom Brady was strip sacked twice today.  Not an NFL QB.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fumble was bad. QBS should not fumble downfield, but he was driving to score and a helmet caught the ball. He was being tough. So I won't worry about that. I too wish he would slide more.

We have three tough running backs and a beast fullback.. and Sheldon. No reason he needed to run that ball. 

We're not a great football team. I don't think anyone is calling us one. Today Geno was a positive. Last year, you couldn't always say that.

Agreed, but I think it's fair for people to have concerns about his viability as an NFL starter. The defense and one Ivory run won the game today. Better test comes next week.

The Geno supporters are grasping at straws. Or in the case of one poster who had a rather unnatural suggestion for me, something...more flaccid on their person.This was a crap team the Jets had to and should beat.This formual-solid defense, good running attack-can work often  if you have a QB who is at least smart and protects the ball. Geno Smith barely does those things. The fact that he's a little better last year when he sucked is not gonna get it done. He is a liability.  Which is why they're running those Wildcat/Vick sets near the goal line. The CS has no confidence in him or they rent doing that.

Please dude, anyone who watched the game saw we were moving the ball up and down the field on them. Had a couple of bad breaks in the red zone which are completely fixable. Geno made one glaring mistake in the passing game where he thought he could out-throw Charles Woodson. The most important aspect of QBing is reading coverage as that is something that most QB's either get or don't. Sanchez never got it but Geno was on point all game long. 

Wow you guys complaining is hilarious.

I will never understand some Jet fans. Gen had 2 mistakes but played really well. Went into conservative mode halfway through 3rd.

Good win 1-0.

On to the next one.

This looked exactly like the same football we've seen the past 3 seasons. Unprepared and unorganized, with Rex looking completely lost as the team racked up penalties, and the only reason it didn't cost us a L is because the team we played wasn't good enough to take advantage of it. We've all seen this show before, 8-8 here we come.

Please dude, anyone who watched the game saw we were moving the ball up and down the field on them. Had a couple of bad breaks in the red zone which are completely fixable. Geno made one glaring mistake in the passing game where he thought he could out-throw Charles Woodson. The most important aspect of QBing is reading coverage as that is something that most QB's either get or don't. Sanchez never got it but Geno was on point all game long. 

19 points vs. that crap defense is a joke. 

We're not a great football team.  I don't think anyone is calling us one.  Today Geno was a positive.  Last year, you couldn't always say that.

New year - same sh*t. Mistakes, mistakes mistakes, turnovers, penalties, overthrows, fumbles, missed opportunities. 

Agreed, but I think it's fair for people to have concerns about his viability as an NFL starter. The defense and one Ivory run won the game today. Better test comes next week.

We will probably lose, and badly, to a good team that got drilled last week.  But, that doesn't mean our QB wasn't a positive today and has shown significant improvement.  If you can't see that, you simply don't want to.

This looked exactly like the same football we've seen the past 3 seasons. Unprepared and unorganized, with Rex looking completely lost as the team racked up penalties, and the only reason it didn't cost us a L is because the team we played wasn't good enough to take advantage of it. We've all seen this show before, 8-8 here we come.

damn you are generous - more like 6-10 if they allow Geno to play every game.

Geno looked better. That's just swell. But the coaching looked the same. The sets we ran inside the 5 were completely moronic and cost us big time. We're lucky that was the Raiders.

Brother called and asked me to explain what happened in this game. I said, "the Jets ran the freeze option, the wishbone, a play action pass from Vick out of the slot, Geno took a 19 yard sack that took them out of field goal range. Ivory went for a 71 yard TD, but almost got tackled after doing some finger celebration thing at the 30. Other than that, they looked alright."

Not sure if anyone mentioned it yet but...

Refs. My God, the refs. Phantom and ticky tack calls all over the place. I have a big fear that they want to turn the NFL into the NBA.

I mentioned this earlier. It was the head officials first ever nfl game, and it showed

Geno looked better. That's just swell. But the coaching looked the same. The sets we ran inside the 5 were completely moronic and cost us big time. We're lucky that was the Raiders.

It is swell.  If Geno improves, that's what's important.  Fire Rex, I don't really care that much.  If, and it's still a big if, Geno continues to improve, then we'll be a good team soon enough.

Brother called and asked me to explain what happened in this game. I said, "the Jets ran the freeze option, the wishbone, a play action pass from Vick out of the slot, Geno took a 19 yard sack that took them out of field goal range. Ivory went for a 71 yard TD, but almost got tackled after doing some finger celebration thing at the 30. Other than that, they looked alright."

His answer, "I'm pretty sure you're adopted. "

I got texts from 3 different people after the first field goal all essentially just saying "WHYYYYYYYY??" ****in Marty.

LOL your deadpan sense of humor is really quite entertaining. 

We will probably lose, and badly, to a good team that got drilled last week. But, that doesn't mean our QB wasn't a positive today and has shown significant improvement. If you can't see that, you simply don't want to.

I hope he does. The fate of the Idzik regime rests on whether or not Geno can play at a high level. I personally like Geno, and Idzik, and need them to succeed. That said, he leaves a lot to be desired at this point and I'm not overly optimistic that there are enough smart people on the Jets staff that can get the most out of him. They're running the option with him. They're pulling him for the Wildcat. They look like they're afraid to let him throw the ball inside the 20. These are not good things, IMO.

Archived