IMMEDIATE (OVER)REACTION WEEK 1

CobraVerde

Thank god football is back.

Today was a weird electric sunday. barely slept last night.

Those trick plays were good plays. They just didnt work out. If we can perfect the execution they could come in handy. 

Geno played a decent game considering ;D the turnovers. I think if you go into each game expecting at least one Geno turnover, it'll be less of an impact when they happen.

Our running game should completely annihilate Green Bay next week.

So many opportunities killed by penalties which should be cleaned up.

Allen and Wall (even if it was the Raiders) should start from here on out. I really liked Wall last year and no kidding this was one of the first games that i can remember where the Jets actually wrapped up and tackled. hardly any YAC.

Damn you fans that were gone mid 4th. You guys suck. For once i would love to see a packed stadium at the end of a Jets win. 

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was very impressed with Allen's open field tackling. Far too many times have we seen guys get juked in those positions. Left behind looking like a fool.  The wrapping up and solo tackling was one of the highlights of today's game.

The penalties were out of control and it MUST stop or we're not going to be good teams. We gave away 150 yds or so today.

EIther way a win is a win and we dominated the game today. If and When we get it together and maximize on the opportunities we have we could be a pretty good ball club this season. 

Salas's drop was big today. 

I was very impressed with Allen's open field tackling. Far too many times have we seen guys get juked in those positions. Left behind looking like a fool.  The wrapping up and solo tackling was one of the highlights of today's game.

The penalties were out of control and it MUST stop or we're not going to be good teams. We gave away 150 yds or so today.

EIther way a win is a win and we dominated the game today. If and When we get it together and maximize on the opportunities we have we could be a pretty good ball club this season. 

Yeah Allen is beast mode...once Dee gets up to speed watch out, we either have Dee and Walls or if Walls starts slipping we have Dee and Allen. Either way our corners could be in decent shape. 

Allen should be able to negate any of the high profile TE's we play which would be huge. 

I was very impressed with Allen's open field tackling. Far too many times have we seen guys get juked in those positions. Left behind looking like a fool. The wrapping up and solo tackling was one of the highlights of today's game.

+1. I agree with everything you said. Allen to me was the key. As you stated his open field tackling was a thing of beauty. My question is when Milliner comes back, what do you think about keeping Allen opposite Milliner and leaving Pryor and Landry at safety?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The trick plays were dumb. Red zone offense was bad. Rex's defense still gave up a late TD instead of closing out a game. We looked like a mediocre football team, period. Also the economy is in the tank and I'm 5 pounds overweight. **** all of you.

This was the part of my prediction that did come true. Like clockwork. Can't close.

+1. I agree with everything you said. Allen to me was the key. As you stated his open field tackling was a thing of beauty. My question is when Milliner comes back, what do you think about keeping Allen opposite Milliner and leaving Pryor and Landry at safety?

I wouldn't be against that personally, but l think we will see who is the better coverage guy over the next three weeks or so. Allen is a good guy to have on the field either way and should be out there. The tackling is exceptional. 

I wouldn't be against that personally, but l think we will see who is the better coverage guy over the next three weeks or so. Allen is a good guy to have on the field either way and should be out there. The tackling is exceptional.

True but I assume Milliner will be ready to go week 2. Idk I would keep Allen at corner and see how it works against the Pack.

Yeah Allen is beast mode...once Dee gets up to speed watch out, we either have Dee and Walls or if Walls starts slipping we have Dee and Allen. Either way our corners could be in decent shape. 

Allen should be able to negate any of the high profile TE's we play which would be huge. 

Agreed. Allen should be on the field. He's one of those guys. Let's see how he and Walls hold up against Rogers next week. 

The trick plays were dumb. Red zone offense was bad. Rex's defense still gave up a late TD instead of closing out a game. We looked like a mediocre football team, period. Also the economy is in the tank and I'm 5 pounds overweight. **** all of you.

You measure your weight issues in 5 pound increments?   Adorable.

What gives you the idea Milliner will be back next week?

I'm assuming. I don't know for sure. If he isn't then it will be another test for our makeshift cornerback group. Also, another week for the media to talk about how our corners will get carved up by Rodgers smh.

Agree on all, but especially that our secondary was pretty good today.

Jets Defense was dominant IMO, vs. VERY sub-par competition, but dominant none-the-less.

The O looked much stronger, but with the same old weakness.

Two plays.  Geno Smith, in two plays, cost his team 14 points.

14 points might not mean alot vs. the Rai-doh's.  But vs. anyone good?

You can't throw INT's on your own 20, and you can't fumble on the other teams 5 yard line.

Other than those two plays, I was pretty happy overall, a solid game on D (one play of sh*t nonwithstanding) and a much better looking O.

1-0 is nice.

it's frustrating because if thy could just play a reasonably clean game, they are a playoff caliber team

the mistakes just keep happening. the same mistakes.  colon holding, geno turning it over, defense gives up a long TD drive a the end of the game, red zone brain locks

Agree on all, but especially that our secondary was pretty good today.

Yeah and with keeping in reality, it was the Raiders and a rookie QB, but how many times have we seen it go the other way for us?  With the makeshift D backfield we have right now this could have been ugly. It wasn't.  I'll take it.

That catch on the last Raiders TD was seriously impressive by the way. 

it's frustrating because if thy could just play a reasonably clean game, they are a playoff caliber team

the mistakes just keep happening. the same mistakes.  colon holding, geno turning it over, defense gives up a long TD drive a the end of the game, red zone brain locks

Can almost cut the defense some slack. The game was really over and it took a circus catch to be able to onside kick. If the offense cashes in either of the TDs it should have had that never happens or matters. 

Archived