Sheldon Richardson tells Jets fans to "shut up" & more

RSJ

S. Richardson on #NYJ fans chanting for Vick: "Shut up. If that’s the case, produce a child to come make it to NFL & we’ll see what he got"

Sheldon wants to quiet the fans down? Win games. Don't whine about it to the media.

This is just the start of the ugliness- guys need to keep quiet and play better .

Agreed.

The propensity of "Rex's guys" to go to the microphone, rather than the field, to address criticism is a recipe for disaster. Then again, it's also a reflection of Rex, running his mouth about sh*t more than making it happen.

Agreed.

The propensity of "Rex's guys" to go to the microphone, rather than the field, to address criticism is a recipe for disaster. Then again, it's also a reflection of Rex, running his mouth about sh*t more than making it happen.

This.

By years end, we'll have an entire folder full of this kind of anti-fan, blabber-mouth bullsh*t.

If things don't change, soon, this year could devolve into a total embarassment season, few wins, lots of sh*t-talk, and bad feelings between players and fans, with Rex (and maybe quitea few players) done with here.

This.

By years end, we'll have an entire folder full of this kind of anti-fan, blabber-mouth bullsh*t.

If things don't change, soon, this year could devolve into a total embarassment season, few wins, lots of sh*t-talk, and bad feelings between players and fans, with Rex (and maybe quitea few players) done with here.

So, exactly what the 2 seasons prior to last year were, until Rex got a re-do, while Tanny, Sanchez, Sporano and Schotty and a couple other players got to be scapegoats.

Rex's mentality, the one that shapes this team, has never graduated from that of position coach. It's why nobody else would hire him. It's why we'll ultimately fire him. It's a shame, but I put it on him. He got 2 shots with the same team, and hasn't evolved. He's a talented man, and I really hoped he'd be the guy. It's just not going to happen.

S. Richardson on #NYJ fans chanting for Vick: "Shut up. If that’s the case, produce a child to come make it to NFL & we’ll see what he got"

Wow, this may be the stupidest player statement of all time.

If they don't start winning very soon, like next week, Richardson hasn't even seen  the tip of the iceberg about how rude Jets fans can be.  The absolute worst thing a player can do is respond to fans.

Another loss, and the actual fans will stop going and unload their tickets cheap.  The only fans who will be there are people who are there to get drunk, and hurl profanities, and other things, at the players.

This could get very ugly. 

This.

@T0mShane Dream season. 

This comment and Geno's comment shows how UNDISCIPLINED this team really is. I like Rex Ryan but he needs to step up and be a head coach in the NFL and stop trying to be all the players friends.

Yeah, they should be beating women and children and perhaps raping like the disciplined teams do.  We need some Harbaugh discipline around here.  

Ill prob get DROY thrown in my face but Sheldon's love affair with Rex isn't a reason to keep Rex it's another reason to lose him, Sheldon will eventually ( if he already isn't ) underachive under this undisciplined clown regime....he had the potential and talent to be a perennial first team all-pro but instead will be better than average and Rex will get credit for that instead of blame......guys in the words of Tom...IT IS THE COACH

Harbaugh may be forced out in SF if they underachieve this season. If we end up with a high enough draft pick to grab a potential franchise QB, he's a guy I wouldn't mind having groom him.

So you are saying let's get rid of our underachieving coach to bring in another team's underachieving coach.  Got it. 

Yeah, they should be beating women and children and perhaps raping like the disciplined teams do. We need some Harbaugh discipline around here.

you won't have to worry about it, Harbaugh is greasing the skids for michigan not the jets

Simply if only the fans and what they thought mattered that much. we might think by posting here, buying merchandise, going to games and cheering might have an impact.

It doesn't.

What will change things; we need to stop going to games. The only thing this moron owner understands will be an empty sheetbox. 

Are the Jets really mooks like this when it comes to their players? You do not try to take on the fans or media when you come to New York. That's like the first ******* thing you teach a rookie.

Then again this is the same organization that announced they're banning footballs from the parking lots. So yeah maybe they are.

Are the Jets really mooks like this when it comes to their players? You do not try to take on the fans or media when you come to New York. That's like the first ******* thing you teach a rookie.

Then again this is the same organization that announced they're banning footballs from the parking lots. So yeah maybe they are.

The Jets public relations dept has been a rolling comedy of errors since for as long as I can remember. There was that brief relief of embarrassment during the Parcells era only for it all to double down during his exit. 

Meh.. if a guy is asked a question and he answers it honestly I got no beef. He probably should have said "no comment" but I'm not gonna get my panties in a bunch over it. At least it was a somewhat funny line. 

People are acting like Sheldon busted into the press room, demanded an audience and then blurted this out. I've seen the video of it. It's not that bad in the context of the interview. 

What are you gonna do. Players are required to talk to the media. They're not all gonna be good at it. 

Funny thing is, just about every team has a guy say something stupid in a post game interview at some point in the year. People are making a bigger deal out of it than usual because it is the Jets. Nothing to see here. 

It is so stupid for any player to take shots at their fans- beyond comprehension on what some of these guys are thinking.

Archived