1998 all over again

JOJOTOWNSELL

This is the 2005 NY Jets. Herm's last year, when all the chickens came home to roost.

This is the 2012 NY Jets. When we had one unexplainable ****up after another every week, the offense did so many amazingly bad things that you had to wonder how much of it was solely on the coordinator, the defense folded in every important situation, Rex refused to do anything about the QB and looked to be on the verge of confused tears in every press conference, and a small handful of fans still managed to absolve Rex every week from sh*t like the Thanksgiving game. The only difference is this year won't end with Rex getting the worst tattoo ever conceived.

Don't compare Vick to Vinny. WTF is wrong with you people?

It's actually not a terrible comparison

Both were #1 overall picks in the draft. 

Both were rare athletes. Physical specimens for that position. 

People talk about Vick like he's 44 not 34. It is feasible that he could have a late career surge. Not unlike Vinny. 

Is it likely? No. But it's probably just as likely than Geno Smith "flipping the switch" 

It's actually not a terrible comparison

Both were #1 overall picks in the draft. 

Both were rare athletes. Physical specimens for that position. 

People talk about Vick like he's 44 not 34. It is feasible that he could have a late career surge. Not unlike Vinny. 

Is it likely? No. But it's probably just as likely than Geno Smith "flipping the switch" 

i can't recall how the switch was made though.....im pretty sure it was week 3??  What were the circumstances around the change??  I don't remember Foley getting hurt?

yea...Vinnie sucked donkey balls

Don't compare Vick to Vinny. WTF is wrong with you people?

If you are going to troll then know your history......Vinny MAY have been the most successful QB we ever had.......Vick has a chance to be the second best or surpass him......Is it sad? Yes.........Does it make it not true? NO

If you are going to troll then know your history......Vinny MAY have been the most successful QB we ever had.......Vick has a chance to be the second best or surpass him......Is it sad? Yes.........Does it make it not true? NO

i think you're forgetting someone.

Head Coach                   Bill Parcells
Offensive Coordinator    Charlie Weis
Assistant Head Coach    Bill Belichick
Defensive Assistant        Eric Mangini
Defensive Line Coach    Romeo Crennel
Quarterbacks Coach      Dan Henning
Linebackers Coach        Al Groh
Offensive Assistant        Todd Haley
Running Backs Coach    Maurice Carthon

7 Future NFL Head Coaches

2 Future NCAA Head Coaches

2 NFL Hall of Famers

Yeah, 1998 all over again.  LOLZ.

SAR I

Head Coach Bill Parcells

Offensive Coordinator Charlie Weis

Assistant Head Coach Bill Belichick

Defensive Assistant Eric Mangini

Defensive Line Coach Romeo Crennel

Quarterbacks Coach Dan Henning

Linebackers Coach Al Groh

Offensive Assistant Todd Haley

Running Backs Coach Maurice Carthon

7 Future NFL Head Coaches

2 Future NCAA Head Coaches

2 NFL Hall of Famers

Yeah, 1998 all over again. LOLZ.

SAR I

How the hell did that team not win the Super Bowl?

namaths overrated-ness has been beaten to a pulp around here over the years.....Lets just say that if Byers doesn't fumble that ball we would all be referring to him around here as "St Vinny"

Oh vinny was second best to be sure and my name in here is based on him. Huge vinny fan. But Namath... Man stats don't tell the whole story but even the stats show his greatness. First qb to pass for 4000 yards. Not horrible today and back then you could mug the receivers. And besides you did say "most successful" not "statistically best season" and if you win a Super Bowl and the Super Bowl mvp you are by definition most successful possible. I just think it is funny that one good year from vinny could put him above Namath in any jets fans mind

This is the 2012 NY Jets. When we had one unexplainable ****up after another every week, the offense did so many amazingly bad things that you had to wonder how much of it was solely on the coordinator, the defense folded in every important situation, Rex refused to do anything about the QB and looked to be on the verge of confused tears in every press conference, and a small handful of fans still managed to absolve Rex every week from sh*t like the Thanksgiving game. The only difference is this year won't end with Rex getting the worst tattoo ever conceived.

Agree with this. It's not even October, and we're descending into bunker-mentality fan-shaming. The '12 team wasn't the worst Jets squad of my life, but it was the most unlikeable I can remember. This team is gonna give it a run for its money.

Archived