Geno Smith missed Saturday night meeting

Matt39

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

he doesn't know about East Coast/West Coast time change and went to the movies. As per FAN. Yes, this is the guy we're pretending is actaully an NFL QB for 2 seasons.

UNACCEPTABLE.

ENOUGH.

This is not the leadership you need fROm your supposed starting QB.

Yes, Vick is probably an old man collecting a big paycheck on the way out. But Geno Smith shows again and again, weapons or lack thereof be damned, is not and will never be an NFL QB.

Start Vick, get SImms on the 53 and have this BUM take a seat.

Don't smart phones automatically adjust the time?

Geno Smith is officially not having a good month.

After being fined for cursing at a fan earlier in the week, the Jets quarterback missed Saturday’s positional meeting before playing disastrously in Sunday’s 31-0 loss to the Chargers.

According to Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News, Smith’s absence was noted by teammates, who were not pleased.

A team spokesperson tells PFT that Smith’s mistake was an honest one, and that he had never missed a meeting previously. He got the time confused and arrived five to 10 minutes after the meetings ended, and then caught up the information covered with offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg and quarterbacks coach David Lee.

Either way, he looked unprepared when the game started, completing 4-of-12 passes for 27 yards and an interception, a ridiculous 7.6 passer rating.

“It was definitely a pathetic showing on my part,” Smith said. “I didn’t help out at any point of the game. . . . So what I’m going to do is look myself in the mirror.”

Jets coach Rex Ryan has already said Smith would start next week against the Broncos, but some serious reflection would be in order.

A watch might help as well

he doesn't know about East Coast/West Coast time change and went to the movies. As per FAN. Yes, this is the guy we're pretending is actaully an NFL QB for 2 seasons.

UNACCEPTABLE.

ENOUGH.

This is not the leadership you need fROm your supposed starting QB.

Yes, Vick is probably an old man collecting a big paycheck on the way out. But Geno Smith shows again and again, weapons or lack thereof be damned, is not and will never be an NFL QB.

Start Vick, get SImms on the 53 and have this BUM take a seat.

If he was with other people, one of them had to of had a smart phone with the adjusted time on it.  How'd they  make it to the movie at the right time?

Start him the rest of the season as punishment.

Unacceptable...HE went to a movie? He should have been working and looking at films even during his down time. Say goodbye to Geno.

All aboard the Ryan Leaf Express !!! The locker room meltdown is coming!!!

I'm calling Direct TV

Sorry but this an all new level of ineptitude on the kotite-ray handey level...you start him after this and then 5 minute after he throws for 7 yards in an epic loss you announce he's undoubtedly your starter next week???? Now I'm officially not only on team fire Rex but I'm on tea fire Idzik also...and that smug clown Geno should never take another snap here

Fire Rex , Marty and idzik today cut Geno today....fed ex a blank check to Harbaugh or a front office game changer of your choice and tell him he has 6 months to decide his salary ...and yes I'm serious

I was willing to be patient with Idzik and to a lessor extent Geno but him missing the Saturday night meeting and then being handed the starting job changes everything for me...this is not a successful business model, house cleaning and it should start before black Monday IMO ....Geno was most likely hung over...something yesterday rubbed me the wrong way about him sulking with a towel over his head and this confirms it, even Sanchez for all his immaturity when they pulled him for McElroy was playing the role ( cheering , holding the clipboard , talking to McElroy etc etc ) cut Geno today period

Sorry but this an all new level of ineptitude on the kotite-ray handey level...you start him after this and then 5 minute after he throws for 7 yards in an epic loss you announce he's undoubtedly your starter next week???? Now I'm officially not only on team fire Rex but I'm on tea fire Idzik also...and that smug clown Geno should never take another snap here

Zero accountability, no leadership.

And let's not start this BS about Idzik protecting Geno here, unless you think Idzik was protecting Santonio Holmes, too. Rex is a godforsaken coward.

Only Woody knows what is going on inside this organization and Idzik is a moron for stating that he would have a heavy say in who starts at QB. No one is denying Rex should be fired anymore. The only question is why should they keep Idzik? Is Bevell and a top level talent person in line to come in here next year? If Idzik was hands off and let Bradway and Rex run themselves into the ground then that is one thing - but from all of Idzik's comments, it doesn't appear that way.

And let's not start this BS about Idzik protecting Geno here, unless you think Idzik was protecting Santonio Holmes, too. Rex is a godforsaken coward.

That's the thing right there....I've said all along that no coach is perfect and they'll learn with experience.  Holding players accountable is something Rex failed at with Holmes, and is now repeating with Geno. 

He was pouting. Just like he did when falling from first round. Just like he lashed out at a fan. Just like he did to reporters with the Vick questions. Sorry but you have the reputation geno. Of course he knows uncle Rex isn't big on accountability/consequences so why not?

Nothing more important to Rex than being liked #failedleadership

Agreed. Smith would have been benched by any respectable coach for missing that meeting. Coach is a joke

Rex Ryan, the NFL's phoniest tough guy. There are no consequences for slacking off. We'll see more of it as this season crashes.

He was pouting. Just like he did when falling from first round. Just like he lashed out at a fan. Just like he did to reporters with the Vick questions. Sorry but you have the reputation geno. Of course he knows uncle Rex isn't big on accountability/consequences so why not?

great comparison about the draft , remember he had to be talked into showing up on the second night ?

Club Rex will implode this week , a well run organization would bunker down and say nothing this week but at cool uncle Rex's house they will all brawl with the media this week throwing gasoline on this

Club Rex will implode this week , a well run organization would bunker down and say nothing this week but at cool uncle Rex's house they will all brawl with the media this week throwing gasoline on this

As if the media rather than the team was the problem. Mehta must be at full mast 24/7 with all the crap that figures to ensue this week.

yep you will hear wrecks say that geno learned from this and the because the whole world is now against them they are a stronger team blah blah blah..........

Only Woody knows what is going on inside this organization and Idzik is a moron for stating that he would have a heavy say in who starts at QB. No one is denying Rex should be fired anymore. The only question is why should they keep Idzik? Is Bevell and a top level talent person in line to come in here next year? If Idzik was hands off and let Bradway and Rex run themselves into the ground then that is one thing - but from all of Idzik's comments, it doesn't appear that way.

This is a perfect example of what I mean by an environment not being in place that encourages player development--there is no system of reward or consequence. It's all ball-rubbing and platitudes. The only reason you show up to work on time is to avoid punishment. The only reason you try to get better at your job is to gain more money and respect. Imagine what your workplace would revolve into if nobody ever got fired or demoted, and the people getting raises were the most flagrant abusers of the system. You'd kick your feet up and wait for the "boss" to come fill your coffee cup for you. It's a joke. No one is motivated to improve here because it doesn't matter either way.

A team spokesman said it was an “honest mistake” and Smith got the times confused. It is possible the 3-hour time change may have been what confused Smith.

like i said, guy is a dummy. he can't grasp a full nfl playbook. makes mark "red light, green light" sanchez look like leonardo davinci

It has begun

The missed meeting could be one of the things linebacker Demario Davis was referring to in his postgame comments. Davis was critical of the team’s practice and film study habits.

“Right now we’re not practicing like a championship football team,” Davis said. “I take responsibility for that because I expect guys to do what I do. If we’re not giving effort in practice, that means I’m not giving the effort in practice. I feel like film study needs to be increased. I start with myself. I don’t see a lot of guys putting a lot of effort into film study, so that means I’m not putting enough effort into the film study. We have to work to get it corrected. I’m going to start with myself.”

Archived