Geno Smith missed Saturday night meeting

Matt39

This is a perfect example of what I mean by the environment not being in place that encourages player development--there is no system of reward or consequence. It's all ball-running and platitudes. The only reason you show up to work on time is to avoid punishment. The only reason you try to get better at your job is to gain more money and respect. Imagine what your workplace would revolve into if nobody ever got fired or demoted, and the people getting raises were the most flagrant abusers of the system. You'd kick your feet up and wait for the "boss" to come fill your coffee cup for you. It's a joke. No one is motivated to improve here because it doesn't matter either way.

I totally agree. Rex should be fired the minute he gets off the plane from San Diego. Problem is MM might be worse than Rex and Dennis Thurman is a puppet. Idk who you elevate to interim HC. This whole team and staff is horrible.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

like i said, guy is a dummy. he can't grasp a full nfl playbook. makes mark "red light, green light" sanchez look like leonardo davinci

the cover up is worse than the crime or whatever the saying is...movies my a###....time change my a###....wait until tomorow or Wednesday when pics of him at the club surface

Hold on.  "Honest mistake"?  WTF?  It's not like this is Geno's first trip to the West coast.  Do you think he knew what time it was when he was kicked off the plane at LAX after acting like the little bitch he really is?   He is both dumb and a jerkoff.  

I totally agree. Rex should be fired the minute he gets off the plane from San Diego. Problem is MM might be worse than Rex and Dennis Thurman is a puppet. Idk who you elevate to interim HC. This whole team and staff is horrible.

Of course this gives the team a well deserved and much needed second flush.  That is why it is a good idea.  Gets us better draft position, then start fresh next season.  New HC, new GM, new QB and a lot of new players (including jettisoning some well paid vets).  

Of course this gives the team a well deserved and much needed second flush.  That is why it is a good idea.  Position us for better draft position, then start fresh next season.  New HC, new GM, new QB and a lot of new players (including jettisoning some well paid vets).  

And for the love of God get rid of ******* Bradway and Bauer.

It has begun

The missed meeting could be one of the things linebacker Demario Davis was referring to in his postgame comments. Davis was critical of the team’s practice and film study habits.

“Right now we’re not practicing like a championship football team,” Davis said. “I take responsibility for that because I expect guys to do what I do. If we’re not giving effort in practice, that means I’m not giving the effort in practice. I feel like film study needs to be increased. I start with myself. I don’t see a lot of guys putting a lot of effort into film study, so that means I’m not putting enough effort into the film study. We have to work to get it corrected. I’m going to start with myself.”

A man who knows that a mirror is not just there for combing your hair.

Unless he was in a catatonic state Saturday night and can somehow prove it, this is totally inexcusable.  This is a capital offense.

On a real team, yes. For Club Rex, Geno will lose popcorn privileges for film study this week.

Of course this gives the team a well deserved and much needed second flush. That is why it is a good idea. Position us for better draft position, then start fresh next season. New HC, new GM, new QB and a lot of new players (including jettisoning some well paid vets).

The only vets on the roster who will be making big money are Brick, Mo (with his new deal), and Decker. Mangold is going to get cut and re-structured. Other than that, every other high-dollar contract is off the books (iirc). This is the 2015 roster:

QB: Geno (Vick, Simms gone)

RB: Ivory, Powell (CJ0K cut)

TE: Amaro (Cumberland dumped)

WR: Decker, Shaq Evans(?), Salas(?). (Kerley(?) if they re-sign him and if he doesn't just run off to Denver to replace Welker.)

OL: Brick, Winters/Aboushi, Mangold, Dozier, Giacomini. (Colon dumped, Winters probably cut.)

DE: Wilkerson, Richardson, Coples

DT: Harrison

OLB: Enkempali, Reilly (Pace gone, Coples abortion tabled, Babin gone)

CB: Milliner (Wilson euthanized)

FS: Allen

SS: Pryor

That's it. Not a bad core, cheap, mostly young. Obviously, a lot of holes, but a lot of money to fill them with young FA's (as opposed to the overpriced, exiled trash that Tannenbaum preferred).

..blame the school system geno blind lovers.

I'm not seeing any of those today  ... not even seeing any of the clan that thought he had enough going for him that could grow out a lot of the mistakes - which I was one of.

I'm seeing a basic understanding by Jet fans that Geno Smith is a weapons grade imbecile and shouldn't be an NFL QB.

We won't be for long or again.  

I'm not seeing any of those today  ... not even seeing any of the clan that thought he had enough going for him that could grow out a lot of the mistakes - which I was one of.

I'm seeing a basic understanding by Jet fans that Geno Smith is a weapons grade imbecile and shouldn't be an NFL QB.

We won't be for long or again.  

yup, lacks the one weapon a nfl qb must have: the one between the ears.

geno has more physical tools than peyton manning or tom brady, most NFL QBs do--what sets them apart?  they know to close their mouths to avoid catching flies.

LOL the Jets PR team is smart

seriously...add the PR team to the list of guys who need to go, how is it possible nobody picked up on that? I mean I didn't either but I'm not getting paid to cover Genos a##

That's it. Not a bad core, cheap, mostly young. Obviously, a lot of holes, but a lot of money to fill them with young FA's (as opposed to the overpriced, exiled trash that Tannenbaum preferred).

It's half a football team, maybe less. They had money to spend this year.  Having money isn't the problem. 

It has begun

The missed meeting could be one of the things linebacker Demario Davis was referring to in his postgame comments. Davis was critical of the team’s practice and film study habits.

“Right now we’re not practicing like a championship football team,” Davis said. “I take responsibility for that because I expect guys to do what I do. If we’re not giving effort in practice, that means I’m not giving the effort in practice. I feel like film study needs to be increased. I start with myself. I don’t see a lot of guys putting a lot of effort into film study, so that means I’m not putting enough effort into the film study. We have to work to get it corrected. I’m going to start with myself.”

Ok when the leaders of the team are unhappy with the way the team is preparing, but the coaches aren't, it's REALLY time for the coaches to go.

Fire Rex NOW. Don't even wait for the season to end.

My first thought.

Titty bar.

Probably Pure Platinum or Cheetahs.   If Geno had even one testicle, he'd be down at Adelita Bar or El Dulce Gabbana in TJ -- at least there might have been a chance he'd have missed the game too.

It's half a football team, maybe less. They had money to spend this year.  Having money isn't the problem. 

Having money is not the problem, its the willingness to spend it.

They could have had DRC, or Golden Tate....they came up only with decker and CJ. That's it...all other acquisitions sucked. Oh and 20 Million which will not help them win games this year. LOL...

The only vets on the roster who will be making big money are Brick, Mo (with his new deal), and Decker. Mangold is going to get cut and re-structured. Other than that, every other high-dollar contract is off the books (iirc). This is the 2015 roster:

QB: Geno (Vick, Simms gone)

RB: Ivory, Powell (CJ0K cut)

TE: Amaro (Cumberland dumped)

WR: Decker, Shaq Evans(?), Salas(?). (Kerley(?) if they re-sign him and if he doesn't just run off to Denver to replace Welker.)

OL: Brick, Winters/Aboushi, Mangold, Dozier, Giacomini. (Colon dumped, Winters probably cut.)

DE: Wilkerson, Richardson, Coples

DT: Harrison

OLB: Enkempali, Reilly (Pace gone, Coples abortion tabled, Babin gone)

CB: Milliner (Wilson euthanized)

FS: Allen

SS: Pryor

You should be a GM somewhere based on the Wilson note.  I like that core for a re-boot.

Archived