Moving forward, would you rather have Chip Kelly or Rex Ryan as your team's coach?

T0mShane

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you. This Chip Kelly love is getting absurd. He hasn't done anything close to what Rex accomplished his first 2 years and early last year there was talk that his gimmicky offense was going to flop.

The Eagles will fizzle out early in the playoffs yet again but most here will insist Kelly is amazing because his offense is neato.

Stupid.

Bobby Ross and Jim Fassel both accomplished more than Rex.

we need more time! more time to evaluate geno! more time to evaluate rex! more time to evaluate idzik! we don't yet know just how horrible they can be with more time!

I'm tellin' ya, in time folks will even realize that MetLife is the best stadium in the NFL.  And Browning Nagle was vastly underrated and not given enough time for proper evaluation.

this is like asking would you like a Lexus or a Kia. They aren't priced equally. 

You are the king of illogical analogies.  Rex and Chip Kelly are both NFL coaches making about the same amount of money.  It's not like Rex is coaching in the NFL and Chip is still in college.  It's not an apples to oranges comparison.  It's apples to apples.  Right now, you have to take Chip, 100 %.

Mangini ran Mangini out of town. He is a nasty jerk. Mangini won 9 games in his last season, which in some circles(like that in Florham Park under RYan) is sometimes grounds for a parade and extension.

What Groh, Edwards, Mangini and Ryan all share is a defense first background. And this is at exactly the point when scoring and passing took off and the rules began to favor the pass. So in each case this franchise choose arguably exactly the wrong kind of coach, be it a players' guy or a hard ass. It's risk averse thinking, the safe choice. And in each case a mistake. The other constant-Robert Wood Johnson the 3rd.

Not as much a defense first background but a first time head coach background.

Michaels, Walton, Coslet, Carroll, Kotite, Groh, Herm, Mangini, Rex all first time head coaches. Heck you can throw Charley Winner, Holtz, Holovak in there as well.

Go find me a guy with a pedigree that can tell the media and the fans to go piss off a rope, bring in an OC and DC that can execute what he wants and build the team from there. 

Chip Kelly atleast knows what a good offense is. Rex Ryan couldnt even tell you what an offense is and how it works. Rex Ryan is a stubborn idiot who only is an expert in Defense and also proclaiming the jets to be really good which is far from the truth.

Sure he could... he has stopped plenty. He just can't run an offenses himself.

Thank you. This Chip Kelly love is getting absurd. He hasn't done anything close to what Rex accomplished his first 2 years

Stupid.

You do realize that if the Colts and Bengals didn't sit their starters in 2009, Rex would have 5 out of 6 non-winning seasons?

Chip Kelly is exactly the type of innovative HC the Jets need, good luck finding one.

As a Pats fan, I hope the Jets keep Rex for the next 10 years.

You do realize that if the Colts and Bengals didn't sit their starters in 2009, Rex would have 5 out of 6 non-winning seasons?

Chip Kelly is exactly the type of innovative HC the Jets need, good luck finding one.

I love that one..  the Jets were down 5 pts to the Colts when Peyton sat down and they hadn't given up a TD.  They followed that by steamrolling the Bengals in consecutive weeks. 

That's a Tomshame like post -- you're better than that.

I love that one.. the Jets were down 5 pts to the Colts when Peyton sat down and they hadn't given up a TD. They followed that by steamrolling the Bengals in consecutive weeks.

Congrats, the Jets beat the Colts and Bengals 3rd stringers and practice squad players to back into the playoffs.

Congrats, the Jets beat the Colts and Bengals 3rd stringers and practice squad players to back into the playoffs.

LOL

Keep fighting the good fight...  I should start a "why do pats fans post here" thread.  You do some of your best work in those...  sometimes even managing to come off as a sympathetic figure.

I love that one..  the Jets were down 5 pts to the Colts when Peyton sat down and they hadn't given up a TD.  They followed that by steamrolling the Bengals in consecutive weeks. 

That's a Tomshame like post -- you're better than that.

It's true though if peyton did not come out we lose that game..........peyton would have figured out our defense prob in a series or two if he stayed in.

next HC will be stuck with Idzik so we will get a turd, next GM will be stuck to said turd so we will get a super turd, next next HC will be stuck to the super turd so we will get a mega super turd.... ad infinitim

It's true though if peyton did not come out we lose that game..........peyton would have figured out our defense prob in a series or two if he stayed in.

He didn't do that great of a job figuring it out the following year in the playoffs.

Yeah, Rex lost the refs and league at some point. Instead of the league fixing games FOR the Jets like during that little window, we get stuff like half+ the games this season where the fix/script was obviously not in the Jets' favor. Sucks.

I do enjoy the man's earnestness. I hope the Jets keep Rex for the next 10 myself.

He didn't do that great of a job figuring it out the following year in the playoffs.

Our D showed up in Pitt looking totally unprepared.  They were scoring points at will and all our guys looked like they forgot how to tackle.  Lots of stuff got busted in my house that day.

Then even after we came back, the D gives up that back breaker of a key third down pass completion.  Absolute kick to the balls to all us Jets fans.

EDIT:  LOL.  Sorry, I misread your post.  Thought you were saying that Rex didn't figure it out in Pitt after the Indy disaster.

Mangini ran Mangini out of town. He is a nasty jerk. Mangini won 9 games in his last season, which in some circles(like that in Florham Park under RYan) is sometimes grounds for a parade and extension.

What Groh, Edwards, Mangini and Ryan all share is a defense first background. And this is at exactly the point when scoring and passing took off and the rules began to favor the pass. So in each case this franchise choose arguably exactly the wrong kind of coach, be it a players' guy or a hard ass. It's risk averse thinking, the safe choice. And in each case a mistake. The other constant-Robert Wood Johnson the 3rd.

Someone needs to tell Manning or Brady that this is a pass first league. They are owed a lot of championships.

Gus Malzahn is one of the most innovative coaches in college football today and very kelly-like.  I don't think he's ever been out of the south but I'd like to see the jets take a run at him this off-season.  

Archived