Will you root for Rex if he becomes another team's HC?

TuscanyTile2

According to Collision Low Crossers, it all started to go wrong when Rex decided to use "his pick" on Scotty McKnight so that Sanchez would have a friend. Pettine felt that being drafted is an honor, and that McKnight, not on their draft board and a guaranteed UDFA, didn't deserve that honor. This doubt infected him (leading him to want to become his own man) and the rest of the organization.

Not his fault

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scott I am not going to lie. Your post annoyed me. You brought me into something that I had nothing to do with and you posted a flat out lie. When I call you on it, you get cute and apologize for calling me by my screen name.

There are a lot of people that work really hard here without asking for anything in return. So I don't appreciate when you post stuff like that, because it is baseless and isn't true.

Lots of post annoy me here, that is the way of life. I write a lot of annoying posts, no doubt. If that struck a nerve with you, I apolgize. I am at your mercy.

this is silly guys. we suck. embrace the suck

Someone just signed up here with that username. 

I have embraced it. I will be there rooting for a win tomorrow. But I know it doesn't matter.  

I want Rex fired. I want Idzik fired. I want Bradway fired.  I wont root for any of them when they are no longer associated with the Jets.

According to Collision Low Crossers, it all started to go wrong when Rex decided to use "his pick" on Scotty McKnight so that Sanchez would have a friend.  Pettine felt that being drafted is an honor, and that McKnight, not on their draft board and a guaranteed UDFA, didn't deserve that honor.  This doubt infected him (leading him to want to become his own man) and the rest of the organization.

didn't he have 16 year old friends ?

I have embraced it. I will be there rooting for a win tomorrow. But I know it doesn't matter.  

I want Rex fired. I want Idzik fired. I want Bradway fired.  I wont root for any of them when they are no longer associated with the Jets.

why root for a win at this point? im just curious of why you want them to win at this point? it doesn't do anything positive for the teams future if they pull out another win or 2. it only hurts

We just have to accept that the whole operation right now sucks. Bickering about who's more to blame or less to blame seems silly at this point. The whole thing needs to be torn down.

We just have to accept that the whole operation right now sucks. Bickering about who's more to blame or less to blame seems silly at this point. The whole thing needs to be torn down.

That is the thing. A lot of people want credit for being right. To those that wanted Rex gone years ago, you were right.  Now let's all move past it like Matt said lol.

Because it does all need to be torn down.

why root for a win at this point? im just curious of why you want them to win at this point? it doesn't do anything positive for the teams future if they pull out another win or 2. it only hurts

Because I am going to the game and I am a very competitive person. I want to win at everything, can't stand losing. Sure I should be used to it by now. But I want all the Dolphins fans to go home mad.

Well considerding he presided over the best stretch of Jet football I've ever seen including the most gratifying win I've watched in 30 years, I'd have to say yeah.  I hope he destroys everyone in his path not named the Jets.

In a couple years we'll have a 60 page thread where the ilk spends countless hours trying to discredit the success Rex will be enjoying.  Just like they're doing with Sanchez.  Gonna be fun.

Well considerding he presided over the best stretch of Jet football I've ever seen including the most gratifying win I've watched in 30 years, I'd have to say yeah. I hope he destroys everyone in his path not named the Jets.

In a couple years we'll have a 60 page thread where the ilk spends countless hours trying to discredit the success Rex will be enjoying. Just like they're doing with Sanchez. Gonna be fun.

You don't speak for The Ilk.

i hope Miami embarrasses us tomorrow night on national tv. We need change, and I don't trust Woody will act unless the team is a mockery down the stretch.

EDIT: as for the OP's question, no. If you're not the HC of the Jets, I don't root for you. If you couldn't get it done here, I don't want you getting it done elsewhere.

Well considerding he presided over the best stretch of Jet football I've ever seen including the most gratifying win I've watched in 30 years, I'd have to say yeah.  I hope he destroys everyone in his path not named the Jets.

In a couple years we'll have a 60 page thread where the ilk spends countless hours trying to discredit the success Rex will be enjoying.  Just like they're doing with Sanchez.  Gonna be fun.

Are you still going to feel that way when he wins the Super Bowl with the Giants next year?

:)

i hope Miami embarrasses us tomorrow night on national tv. We need change, and I don't trust Woody will act unless the team is a mockery down the stretch.

EDIT: as for the OP's question, no. If you're not the HC of the Jets, I don't root for you. If you couldn't get it done here, I don't want you getting it done elsewhere.

I needed seats for a client. Just bought two good seats from Ticket Monster at a % below face that is unbelievable.  The stadium revenues will be down significantly this year. That will get Woody to react.

I needed seats for a client. Just bought two good seats from Ticket Monster at a % below face that is unbelievable.  The stadium revenues will be down significantly this year. That will get Woody to react.

My tix are on stubhub at 1/2 face value and i can't sell them. Waited too long to donate them to charity on NFLticketexchange too. **** me in the goat ass.

He's a colorful, well intentioned guy.

I can understand how Jets fans can love the guy.

But when you take a step back and evaluate him as a HC, he has been a complete disaster.

Unfortunately for Jet fans, it will take the Jets years to dig out of the mess created by Rex.

Since when has it ever taken a team "years" to overcome whatever a HC has done? All he does is gameplan and manage locker room attitude - that can change in a week. Isn't the GM responsible for personnel? I don't think you're smart.

Are you still going to feel that way when he wins the Super Bowl with the Giants next year?

:)

I never disliked the Giants.  Actually, when the Jets are out of it I root for them.

Patriots, Bills, Dolphins are the only teams I enjoy watching get beat - in that order.  Watchining Brady pout and scream f**k 3 times when the Packers got that first down to seal it brought on a big smile and fist pump.

He's a colorful, well intentioned guy.

I can understand how Jets fans can love the guy.

But when you take a step back and evaluate him as a HC, he has been a complete disaster.

Unfortunately for Jet fans, it will take the Jets years to dig out of the mess created by Rex.

Complete garbage.

There is a chance Dennis Thurman and Karl Dunbar could stay on as coaches and run the defense. You get a new GM that gets two new CBs in here to compete with Milliner and McDougle next year.

Idzik (assuming he is fired) leaves the team in fantastic cap shape.  They get the offense straightened out and they will be in good shape.

Complete garbage.

There is a chance Dennis Thurman and Karl Dunbar could stay on as coaches and run the defense. You get a new GM that gets two new CBs in here to compete with Milliner and McDougle next year.

Idzik (assuming he is fired) leaves the team in fantastic cap shape.  They get the offense straightened out and they will be in good shape.

I can't imagine a scenario in which Thurman stays on if Rex is fired, considering he's basically Rex's puppet "DC" in name only, who's only responsibilities appear to be getting Rex his coffee, and pretending to look busy on the sidelines while Rex calls the defensive plays.

Dunbar on the other hand I could see staying on since he's had cachet in the league as a D-line coach long before he came here, and his unit was the only one on the team that didn't underperform. If it were my call, Dunbar would be the only coach I don't fire at season's end.

I can't imagine a scenario in which Thurman stays on if Rex is fired, considering he's basically Rex's puppet "DC" in name only, who's only responsibilities appear to be getting Rex his coffee, and pretending to look busy on the sidelines while Rex calls the defensive plays.

Dunbar on the other hand I could see staying on since he's had cachet in the league as a D-line coach long before he came here, and his unit was the only one on the team that didn't underperform. If it were my call, Dunbar would be the only coach I don't fire at season's end.

We thought the same thing about Pettine though didn't we? :)

Meanwhile Rex will probably have a DC or even HC gig somewhere next season while Mangina struggles to keep his prestigious job as the 49ers tight end coach.

This sums up a jets fans existence: debating which awful HC was worse lol

If Rex Ryan was a ventriloquist, the dummy would be the brains of the operation

Archived