Idzik Issues Statement

CrazyCarl40

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty sure. The same football people always land jobs somehow in football again. Same with all of these retread coaches. They all get their shot to be the big deal. GM or HC. If it doesn't work out. They move back to another position which was always their speciality. It's a fraturnity. They are always laughing at us. Not the other way around.

He's going to go back to Seattle and have a good laugh with John Schneider over what a ****fest working here was. 

I've been meaning to ask you... I get the "It's not Idzik's fault" mentality to some degree, or at least I sympathize with the fact that Rex was forced on him and two years isn't much of a shot.  But, what did we lose in Idzik that isn't easily replaceable?

So far as I can tell, restraint is the only quality there is to like.  The cap cuts of last year were obvious.  The draft has spoken for itself.

So long as the pendulum doesn't swing back to "Tannenbaum," I don't see what we're losing.

I've been meaning to ask you... I get the "It's not Idzik's fault" mentality to some degree, or at least I sympathize with the fact that Rex was forced on him and two years isn't much of a shot.  But, what did we lose in Idzik that isn't easily replaceable?

So far as I can tell, restraint is the only quality there is to like.  The cap cuts of last year were obvious.  The draft has spoken for itself.

So long as the pendulum doesn't swing back to "Tannenbaum," I don't see what we're losing.

I liked Idzik's philosophy. A lot. But he was completely clueless in the draft. Combine Idzik's philosophy with a good football mind and evaluator and he will likely be a great GM

My support was never about Idzik himself, rather it was about what firing him was going to say about the organization as a whole. I thought it was important to make it look like Johnson had some level of conviction with these choices instead of giving the appearance that he lets Manish Mehta influence his decision-making. Running Idzik out of town at this point, imo, makes the organization look silly and wanton, but the assumed presence of Wolf and Casserly attenuates that a little bit. Without them, the future of the organization rests in the hands of Woody Johnson and Neil Glat and Akselrod, which means things were about to get a lot worse for a very long time. That still might be the case. I do like what Johnson said in his presser today, pointing out that firing both men was about trying to ensure a more collaborative environment here in the future. The hope is that Casserly and Wolf sit Woody down and explain to him how the GM position is supposed to work, because the way the organization handled Idzik+Rex was an abomination.

Idziot issues a statement

"I am really, really gay and wanted me some sexy rexy so I could not concentrate on my job.  Thank god for all the hand jobs on exit 53 from that TomShane!  TomShane sorry I ruined your dress"

Your sizzling hot takes have really spiced up the season for me, broheim.

He's going to go back to Seattle and have a good laugh with John Schneider over what a ****fest working here was.

Agree. He was/is a very respected individual. He got the shaft. The nastiness about this man is ridiculous. In October Johnson liked his longterm vision and plan. Now he is fired. Absurd. Probably would have gotten Quinn to come here.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/columnists/bob-glauber/seattle-gm-says-john-idzik-is-right-man-for-jets-1.9729547

My support was never about Idzik himself, rather it was about what firing him was going to say about the organization as a whole. I thought it was important to make it look like Johnson had some level of conviction with these choices instead of giving the appearance that he lets Manish Mehta influence his decision-making. Running Idzik out of town at this point, imo, makes the organization look silly and wanton, but the assumed presence of Wolf and Casserly attenuates that a little bit. Without them, the future of the organization rests in the hands of Woody Johnson and Neil Glat and Akselrod, which means things were about to get a lot worse for a very long time. That still might be the case. I do like what Johnson said in his presser today, pointing out that firing both men was about trying to ensure a more collaborative environment here in the future. The hope is that Casserly and Wolf sit Woody down and explain to him how the GM position is supposed to work, because the way the organization handled Idzik+Rex was an abomination.

Idzik did a bad job. He also had no business being GM in the first place. 

But the problem remains Woody Johnson didn't listen to the advice he got 2 years ago. There's no guarantee he will now listen to Wolf and Casserly. And the last words he hears will always be Glatt and Akselrod. And not sure that Johnson gets how totally effed up this situation is because this trio  created this dysfunction. It's easy to blame Ryan and Idzik but they were enabled by Johnson and his 2 clowns. They allowed the gorilla coach to do whatever he wanted, and then rather than get a pro to do the work they hired an unqualified yes man.It's a running example of confirmation bias. 

These people thought they could sell this awful team in their dump of a stadium with drumlines. 

Idzik did a bad job. He also had no business being GM in the first place.

But the problem remains Woody Johnson didn't listen to the advice he got 2 years ago. There's no guarantee he will now listen to Wolf and Casserly. And the last words he hears will always be Glatt and Akselrod. And not sure that Johnson gets how totally effed up this situation is because this trio created this dysfunction. It's easy to blame Ryan and Idzik but they were enabled by Johnson and his 2 clowns. They allowed the gorilla coach to do whatever he wanted, and then rather than get a pro to do the work they hired an unqualified yes man.It's a running example of confirmation bias.

These people thought they could sell this awful team in their dump of a stadium with drumlines.

I just don't think he did a bad job, other than not standing up to fire Rex last season if that was, indeed, his plan. The Ryan regime never got anything from young talent that wasn't a DL, so I can't write off Idzik's draft classes until I see them under the new coach. It's my belief that 2015 was the year that Idzik was setting up for all along, where his masterstroke would be revealed, and he had the team in position for long term success. No player over the age of 27 is signed long-term, there's some youth with potential here, and all the flotsam is easily disposable. He could have gone out and padded the roster with the DRCs and Brian Hoyers of the league, but to what end? Too eek out a few more 8-8 seasons?

The hope is that Casserly and Wolf sit Woody down and explain to him how the GM position is supposed to work, because the way the organization handled Idzik+Rex was an abomination.

While he flips through a Brooks Brothers catalogue, of course.

I just don't think he did a bad job, other than not standing up to fire Rex last season if that was, indeed, his plan. The Ryan regime never got anything from young talent that wasn't a DL, so I can't write off Idzik's draft classes until I see them under the new coach. It's my belief that 2015 was the year that Idzik was setting up for all along, where his masterstroke would be revealed, and he had the team in position for long term success. No player over the age of 27 is signed long-term, there's some youth with potential here, and all the flotsam is easily disposable. He could have gone out and padded the roster with the DRCs and Brian Hoyers of the league, but to what end? Too eek out a few more 8-8 seasons?

How can you explain all The WR misses from the "Year of Plentiful" That is on Iddy

Archived