List Of Potential GM, Head Coach Candidates For Jets Is Reportedly Extensive (merged)

Ken Schroy

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only the Jets could hire two well-respected GMs to lead the search and end up with Kubiak or Cable.  

As much as I'd rather go with an offensive-minded coach over a defensive one, Bowles or Quinn would be much better choices than Kubiak or Cable.

Between his own career and the list above, he's been in a lot of places that had very good offenses. Coaching Peyton Manning, Philip Rivers or Larry Fitzgerald is probably not all that hard, but the success in almsot every place he has been still speaks well of Reich.

Meh, I dont know about that.  2012 was Larry Fitzgerald's worst year of his career, that offense stunk.  San Diego's offense regressed this year with him as OC.  And I'm not even about to give him any credit for Peyton Manning.  haha.  Who knows...but I dont think he's got some impressive resume at all. 

Strongly disagree. The two hottest coordinator candidates in the NFL. A Rising OC, a proven HC, and a head coach that wasn't given a fair shake. That's a very solid list.

Any list with cable and kubiak you can keep.

I do like Bowles and Quinn.

No opinion on reich

You do have me confused with another re: ground and pound.

Good points on Reich.

Kubiak does use the TE quite a bit in his offenses and has always run a zone blocking scheme that helped Foster and now Forsett.

Ivory is not like either of those backs, but he does hit the whole hard and has decent speed. Not a great cutback runner though...more straight ahead.

I would probably prefer his offensive scheme to MM's based on our current talent

re; ground and pound, that was directed to Bugg.  

I agree, I think Kubiak could work here.  I'm open to that.  Callahan ran a zone block scheme here and the Jets had a ton of success running the ball. 

So, Adam Gase has gotten coffee for Manning last 2 years and everyone thinks he's the next Jon Gruden. Reich has done a good job in San Diego.

I laugh at the Gase talk.  Reich, like I said above, that offense regressed this year with him calling plays.  

They went from 12th overall in pts to 17th and went from 5th overall in yards to 18th.  Thats terrible.

I'd rather have Hugh Jackson if we're going after old Raider coaches.

I think he fits the jets situation well also. A no nonsense guy, but he is a ground and pound guy and maybe they are looking for someone more dynamic playcalling, but then again so is Kubiak.

I'm taking all of these head coach reports with a grain of salt until they hire a GM. That should be when favorites start emerging. I have no trouble with this scout team running around doing interviews -especially with coaches still in the playoffs, with a small window to get the interview in- but these interviews should only serve as recommendations to whoever becomes the new GM. A man who'll probably take the job with his own short list of coaching candidates.

Lots of duplicate threads out there right now but we're having a good conversation on these names in another thread.

Kubiak I'm starting to warm up to.

Atta boy...I'm telling you that running game, oh boy, that running game!!

Screw his health...like Drago said, "if he dies, he dies."

Names coming fast and furious for both positions this morning. Don't want to copy all the tweets but the Jets have officially requested an interview for McCagnan(per Costello) Eagles Rick Mueller(per Manish) and will make a significant push for DeCosta(per Rapoport)

Lots of duplicate threads out there right now but we're having a good conversation on these names in another thread.

Kubiak I'm starting to warm up to.

Went other thread and I'm back here?? Crazy ass merge....

Back to Kubiak ...keep in mind people, just cuz his running game kicks ass doesn't mean he's a ground and pound guy. He's just as capable with his passing offense and play calling. His hire would be awesome and prove my awesomeness at the same time !!

Throw in a 4-3 defensive guy and I'm in typical-Jets-fan-psyched-in-offseason mode!!!

joshie is nothing with "research" and camera's, lol do not want

the belicheat coaching shrub is as pathetic as charlie browns ******* christmas tree

Isn't that the guy who immediately sent Denver's two best players out of town and then drafted Tebow in the first round?  No thanks.  That would be a disaster.

Why not? Whats your thoughts, I promise not to ignore you this time!  :PDT_Love_04:

He runs a gimmick offense that wont work in the NFL, IMO.  His teams are some of the worst defensive teams I've ever seen in my life.  And that run he had last year was straight up a miracle, literally.  A tipped Hail Mary for a TD and a crazy FG return for a TD.  

His teams arent very good.  They can just score. Plus, its a scummy program that turns a blind eye to more thugs than any team imaginable...well, maybe not FSU but still.  I think he's overrated as a Head Coach.

Because he's not Tom Cable or Gary Kubiak, and I don't think Dan Quinn or Todd Bowlers (my first two choices of the bunch) will come here.

So just settle?  haha  Ok.

Names coming fast and furious for both positions this morning. Don't want to copy all the tweets but the Jets have officially requested an interview for McCagnan(per Costello) Eagles Rick Mueller(per Manish) and will make a significant push for DeCosta(per Rapoport)

If true Woody's hiring of Casserly/Wolf has already paid dividends , just in identifying premium targets. Now walk away with one of these signed and I'm a happy camper.

Woody announced he's going to hire a D-coordinator first. Then a D-line coach. Next up - an offensive coordinator. After that, a lead scout. Then he'll pick a HC. Then he'll pick the players in our draft. After that, he'll hire the GM.

Oh wow lol.

Archived