Raiders HC short list - BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Klecko73isGod

Yes Bruce Coslett went back to the Bengals eventually became their head coach and did some good things with Boomer Esiason( a lot better than he did with Jets- that's my point)

No, he didn't.

Coslet was OC with the Bengals with Boomer as his QB BEFORE he was HC of the Jets. He was head coach of the Bengals after he left the Jets but had a 21-39 record before being fired after only 3 games of the 2000 season. They had a little run with Boomer at the tail end of the 97 season but Boomer retired at the end of it. 

It's hardly something one would hang their hat on. 

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bruce Coslet got the Jet job because his ability as Offensive coordinators. when he came back to the Bengals his offenses were near the top. His defense weren't up to par, and that's why the record wasn't as good. Doesn't mean he didn't get as much as possible out of that team. ( so despite the record did a good coaching job).

Pete Carrol wasn't as successful with Jets or Patriots and it took him his third NFL team( after USC) to prove how good a coach he was. again You find your Qb , and it makes that coaches job much easier( shanahan looked like a genius with elway). Again my point with Derek Carr.( why have to like Raiders chances going forward)

What's it like to smoke crack?

Do you know that there are like a dozen websites that you can look this sh*t up on and if you took 30 seconds you'd find how completely ******* wrong you were?

Boomer was the Bengals starter for all of five games with Coslet as the HC. For the most part, Jeff Blake was the Bengals starter during that stretch and they were mediocre offensively at best. 

They went 14-37 when Coslet was the full time head coach. They pretty much sucked at EVERYTHING. 

They were so bad that Coslet's tenure as the Bengals HC only served to validate Leon Hess for firing him as the head coach of the Jets. 

Bruce Coslet got the Jet job because his ability as Offensive coordinators. when he came back to the Bengals his offenses were near the top. His defense weren't up to par, and that's why the record wasn't as good. Doesn't mean he didn't get as much as possible out of that team. ( so despite the record did a good coaching job).

Pete Carrol wasn't as successful with Jets or Patriots and it took him his third NFL team( after USC) to prove how good a coach he was. again You find your Qb , and it makes that coaches job much easier( shanahan looked like a genius with elway). Again my point with Derek Carr.( why have to like Raiders chances going forward)

With the Pats Carroll made the playoffs 2 of his 3 seasons that wasn't bad.. With the Hawks he was 7-9,7-9 and then he got Wilson and the rest is history..

Gotta admit, as much as I thought Rex sucked, I'm a bit stunned that Sexton hasn't been screaming about the many interviews he has lined up for him. Either he's waiting for Chicago to hire a GM, or there are legitimately no takers for Rex's career-killing services. Once Dimitroff was confirmed to return to Atlanta, that was the end of Rex's shot there. You Rex fans must feel like ripe old gaboons at this point, no?

I'm new here, so  I'm not sure if this is your schtick or whatever, but really you sound foolish. To be glad that Rex gone is fine, I think most of us are, but to act like he's an awful coach responsible for destroying the Jets is ridiculous. Considering he's the 2nd most successful coach in our franchise history second only to weeb who brought us a title. Maybe its just still too soon for people to have level heads about the situation hopefully it'll calm down soon.

This thread is hilarious. I'm new here but this Raiders guy is Louis CK kinds of funny.

The Fins let the Jets have a Geno career day because they are tricking the Jets into keeping him around because in reality he sucks (I agree he does)? Do I have that right?

Eric Mangini - 33-47 as a head coach

Jack Del Rio - 68-71

Pat Shurmer - 9-23

Tony Sparano - 32-41

To quote Samer Kalaf of Deadspin - "If you're going to fail, fail originally. Don't fail with Pat ******* Shurmer."

Woody Johnson should send Mark Davis flowers and a thank you note. 

I bet Seahawks owner Paul Allen received flowers from Jed York when he hired Pete Carroll.

This thread is hilarious. I'm new here but this Raiders guy is Louis CK kinds of funny.

The Fins let the Jets have a Geno career day because they are tricking the Jets into keeping him around because in reality he sucks (I agree he does)? Do I have that right?

Okay tell me why Geno Smith only plays / looks better in December( when season over with). How many Jet fans thought the way he played the last four games was going to translate well to this season.( bought into fools gold) how many wanted him gone at the end of this season, , and yet one great game, and suddenly he can still be there future Qb.

How many bonehead decisions he has made at Qb the last two years- that part- mental and understanding what the defense is doing isn't so easy to fix. Why if Jets can get a Qb in this draft, shouldn't put there eggs all in the Geno Smith basket.( again Jets aren't my team and Jets have to make their own decisions)

I think Rex would be good for the Raiders.  His personality fits and Carr does look good.  The jes would kill to have Carr's stats from their QB.  That is how sad the Jets QB situation has been the last 6 years.

The key stat you need to look at with Carr is the 5.5 YPA. That is terrible. That means he is dumping it off way too much.

FO ranked Carr as the 37th best QB to start a game this year, they had Geno Smith ranked 32nd. FO actually takes quality of opponent into account when rating players. 

Based on ESPN's total QBR, Carr had a 38.4, good for 26th, Geno was 29th with a 35.4.

Geno's passer rating was actually slightly higher than Carr's this year 77.5 to 76.6.

If Geno sucks, so does Carr. 

Carr is a mirage. He only looks good by comparison because he wears a different uniform. If he was a Jet, we'd all hate him. 

Okay tell me why Geno Smith only plays / looks better in December( when season over with). How many Jet fans thought the way he played the last four games was going to translate well to this season.( bought into fools gold) how many wanted him gone at the end of this season, , and yet one great game, and suddenly he can still be there future Qb.

How many bonehead decisions he has made at Qb the last two years- that part- mental and understanding what the defense is doing isn't so easy to fix. Why if Jets can get a Qb in this draft, shouldn't put there eggs all in the Geno Smith basket.( again Jets aren't my team and Jets have to make their own decisions)

I vote for Raider9175 to be the Jets next GM since in his mind, he is the only person who can see that Geno Smith is a sh*tty QB. 

I'm new here, so I'm not sure if this is your schtick or whatever, but really you sound foolish. To be glad that Rex gone is fine, I think most of us are, but to act like he's an awful coach responsible for destroying the Jets is ridiculous. Considering he's the 2nd most successful coach in our franchise history second only to weeb who brought us a title. Maybe its just still too soon for people to have level heads about the situation hopefully it'll calm down soon.

Fourth in terms of wins/losses

Behind Parcells, Groh and Carroll.

Weeb is further down the list

The key stat you need to look at with Carr is the 5.5 YPA. That is terrible. That means he is dumping it off way too much.

FO ranked Carr as the 37th best QB to start a game this year, they had Geno Smith ranked 32nd. FO actually takes quality of opponent into account when rating players. 

Based on ESPN's total QBR, Carr had a 38.4, good for 26th, Geno was 29th with a 35.4.

Geno's passer rating was actually slightly higher than Carr's this year 77.5 to 76.6.

If Geno sucks, so does Carr. 

Carr is a mirage. He only looks good by comparison because he wears a different uniform. If he was a Jet, we'd all hate him.

I was gonna say basically the same thing. Carr has a long way to go before he demonstrates that he's the real deal. That ypa is abysmal, and despite the fact that he's barely throwing the ball past the line of scrimmage, his comp% was lower than Geno's, too.

He's got Geno beat on the turnover front, I'll give him that. I'm not a Geno fan by any stretch, but I'd prefer the raw material with him over Carr right now. He pushes the ball down the field with his own problems at WR, and I like his running ability, too.

I was gonna say basically the same thing. Carr has a long way to go before he demonstrates that he's the real deal. That ypa is abysmal, and despite the fact that he's barely throwing the ball past the line of scrimmage, his comp% was lower than Geno's, too.

He's got Geno beat on the turnover front, I'll give him that. I'm not a Geno fan by any stretch, but I'd prefer the raw material with him over Carr right now. He pushes the ball down the field with his own problems at WR, and I like his running ability, too.

The lack of interceptions and the YPA should tell you something. Either the Raiders aren't letting Carr throw down field very often or he's gun-shy for some reason. Neither is a good sign. 

Most of Geno's picks have been on intermediate to deep passes. 

Atlanta, Chicago or where ever Rex lands, they will be getting the BEST half HC in the business. The problem is they also have to hire an offensive HC as well with Rex in charge. Matty Ice will melt, Cutler will become Geno in the Buffalo game and the fans will be treated to Rex calling himself a 'great coach' while the teams record gets steadily worse.

The lack of interceptions and the YPA should tell you something. Either the Raiders aren't letting Carr throw down field very often or he's gun-shy for some reason. Neither is a good sign. 

While I agree with your analysis of the stats, Carr was a rookie with James Jones as his best receiving option and no running game. Give him a year to grow and learn, plus throw in a weapon or two and you might see improvement. Have to wait and see.

Geno's 2nd year was just as bad as his first. He didn't get better.

I don't know if Carr will get better, but what I don't like about Geno comes more from the body language and failure to improve.  In the Dolphins game he managed to have a pitiful fumble.  He also spit the ball up when going to the ground on a slide when running out the clock.  He was down on that one, but ball security is not exactly paramount to this kid.  

LETS SEE FOR MOST OF THE YEAR, Derek Carr didn't have a running game to lean on. ( l Murray going to be a stud - Sparano shouldn't get the job because he should have known what he had). Derek Carr has lightning quick release ( why Raiders only given up the few sacks they have- all Carr). He knows where to go with the football Everytime. if Wr's aren't getting separation you have to take what the defense gives you.( why so many coaches from Bellichik think he's going to be a big time Qb). So many times teams blitz Carr, he throws the football to the hot read( Raiders have to get Wr's that understand the hot read concept).

Derek Carr who despite being a rookie plays like season veteran( grew up around his brother David - he knows the game.

THERE ISN't anything Derek Carr can't do, Has great arm can make all the throws, can read defenses very well, can put the football in tight windows accurately , has good mobility, quick release that it's very hard to get to him. Again Stats don't always tell the story, I tend to believe top tier head coaches and the players.( they know who can play and who can't) .

All Raiders have to do is upgrade the weapons around him. should have 70 million to play with in Fa.

Did you see this article KleckoisaconvctedFelon.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000451715/article/which-coaching-vacancy-is-the-best

LETS SEE FOR MOST OF THE YEAR, Derek Carr didn't have a running game to lean on. ( l Murray going to be a stud - Sparano shouldn't get the job because he should have known what he had). Derek Carr has lightning quick release ( why Raiders only given up the few sacks they have- all Carr). He knows where to go with the football Everytime. if Wr's aren't getting separation you have to take what the defense gives you.( why so many coaches from Bellichik think he's going to be a big time Qb). So many times teams blitz Carr, he throws the football to the hot read( Raiders have to get Wr's that understand the hot read concept).

Derek Carr who despite being a rookie plays like season veteran( grew up around his brother David - he knows the game.

THERE ISN't anything Derek Carr can't do, Has great arm can make all the throws, can read defenses very well, can put the football in tight windows accurately , has good mobility, quick release that it's very hard .

All Raiders have to do is upgrade the weapons around him. should have 70 million to play with in Fa.

Did you see this article KleckoisaconvctedFelon.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000451715/article/which-coaching-vacancy-is-the-best

You're adorable. 

I think Rex would be good for the Raiders.  His personality fits and Carr does look good.  The jes would kill to have Carr's stats from their QB.  That is how sad the Jets QB situation has been the last 6 years.

Want to see Carr's stats go south , hire Rex as HC.

Have to love 9175...Sounds like the Raiders don't even have to draft anybody. After their supah dupah draft last year...like every year...and their spectacular 2014 championship season they are set at every position...

As always, we will hear about Raidaz greatness from now until roughly October when they are 0-4, mired in last place and 9175 makes his annual disappearance until the next offseason

Have to love 9175...Sounds like the Raiders don't even have to draft anybody. After their supah dupah draft last year...like every year...and their spectacular 2014 championship season they are set at every position...

As always, we will hear about Raidaz greatness from now until roughly October when they are 0-4, mired in last place and 9175 makes his annual disappearance until the next offseason

My predictions last year for the Raiders was they could win 8 games. not a very good prediction looking back on what happened. but it was still way better than the Jet fans who were predicting 12 wins.( thanks because you made my prediction that was terrible- look a lot better than it was).

Sg3 the fact is Raiders did have a great draft in 2014( how was the jets draft with all those extra picks). Neither team had anything to write home about last year. I CAN ADMIT THAT BUT DON't make like you had this fantastic season , when you didn't.

My predictions last year for the Raiders was they could win 8 games. not a very good prediction looking back on what happened. but it was still way better than the Jet fans who were predicting 12 wins.( thanks because you made my prediction that was terrible- look a lot better than it was).

Sg3 the fact is Raiders did have a great draft in 2014( how was the jets draft with all those extra picks). Neither team had anything to write home about last year. I CAN ADMIT THAT BUT DON't make like you had this fantastic season , when you didn't.

No Jets fan was predicting 12 wins. :rl:

No one is acting like the Jets had a "fantastic season."

Tell me... what color is the sky in your world?

A higher draft pick.

I can wait till next year to be proven right on Derek Carr( everyone that has seen the guy thinks he's going to be very good) So it's going to be great when you try to explain where you went wrong. He has everything to be successful and he takes his craft very seriously. Go look up Peyton Manning rookie stats( that's with a running game). ( not that impressive but if you understand the game you knew he was going to be bigtime Qb)

No Jets fan was predicting 12 wins. :rl:

No one is acting like the Jets had a "fantastic season."

Tell me... what color is the sky in your world?

There was plenty of Jet fans predicting that.( happens every year when schedule comes out and they go through the schedule). guarantee it happens this year too. Kleckoisafelon you were probably thinking Geno Smith was your Qb of the future at this time last year( like you believe suckchez was the answer before that) .

Hey your a fan and you want your team to succeed bad, that sometimes you think more with your heart than your head. I'm guilty of that, so why harp on other fans for doing the same.

Archived