Frank Reich?

Warfish

How would you feel if Reich got the job?

He had a long playing career, almost all as a backup/#2 QB, he's been successful rejuvenating Phillip Rivers in San Diego, he is offensive-minded, has been a QB Coach, WR Coach and O-Co.

He appears to be well suited to addressing our most glaring weakness, the QB position, both in terms of "coaching up" a guy we may acquire, and having a resume of knowing/coaching the position.

He would be a shift away from the Defense-is-All mindset of the Jets the past 20 years or so, to a more offensive/passing minded vision.

He is (as he has been criticized for) a "devout Christian", so I know some see that as a huge negative, especially in New York.  But conversely he should be far less "Clown shoes/profane" than say, Rex Ryan was, and more "Professional" in the Head Coach spot.

He is a professional motivation speaker (or was), so he might be able to inspire, as Rex/Herm was.

He has no experience with Defense, so it could be a reverse-Rex situation.  His D-Co choice could be vital.

Resume:

Career history
 As player:  As coach:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of the candidates mentioned I would like to see either Quinn or Reich coach this team. As for his limited time as an OC I don't think it holds much on the decision because the guy was a QB who is required to know what everyone on the field should be doing its not as if he does not understand the game. Like someone else we know.

Reich is a smart guy I think he would get this team in shape and do a fine job ..The bigger question is how fast can we build the talent on this team to once again contend

I dunno, let you know a few years after he gets the job, but I do like his resume. Seems similar to John Harbuagh.

It's just impossible to predict until they are on the job doing the job.

In that case I'm not sure I'm interested.  We have one of the younger rosters in the NFL.  We don't need another raw, learn-on-the-job HC if we can avoid it.

Would want some experienced defensive coordinator in tandem to bring in.  If we go new head coach like him

Agreed, and exp def C0-od and somebody like Wade Phillips, Brad Childress as an Asst head coach, a guy that won't backstab you trying for the gig, but has done it before. 

In that case I'm not sure I'm interested.  We have one of the younger rosters in the NFL.  We don't need another raw, learn-on-the-job HC if we can avoid it.

Why,  do you feel that the jets will compete for a title next year or the year after?

What would he bring to the interview, a play book or a bible?

Whats wrong with you? I know you troll on this board and use to troll on JI and have been around for some time but dont you have anything better to do instead of bash someones beliefs, race, or sexual orientation.

Of all the names I've heard mentioned, this is the one I'm the least interested in. There is nothing impressive on his resume and San Diego's offense regressed this year with him running the offense and calling plays.

+1

Marrone, Quinn, and Bowles are the three I'm most interested in.

+1

Marrone, Quinn, and Bowles are the three I'm most interested in.

They're all completely underwhelming and I dont get excited about the idea of any of those names coaching the Jets, but I'd prefer all of those guys to Reich as well.  

I think Quinn is name I like the best of that list.  But I think its honestly just because I'm familiar with him from his time with the Jets and Gators...and he's been successful every where he goes.

Marrone just seems like a whiny little bitch who doesnt play well with others.  Bowles?  I really dont know anything about him other than he's done an impressive job in Arizona. 

They're all completely underwhelming and I dont get excited about the idea of any of those names coaching the Jets, but I'd prefer all of those guys to Reich as well.

I think Quinn is name I like the best of that list. But I think its honestly just because I'm familiar with him from his time with the Jets and Gators...and he's been successful every where he goes.

Marrone just seems like a whiny little bitch who doesnt play well with others. Bowles? I really dont know anything about him other than he's done an impressive job in Arizona.

I think Marrone is solid. Not a big name, but I like the job he did in Buffalo.

I don't buy a lot of the stuff coming out of the media on him. A lot of sour grapes/agenda driven drivel.

The guy is from the same mold as Tom Coughlin, and he had the balls to bench Manuel, knowing it would piss off the front office.

I think Marrone is solid. Not a big name, but I like the job he did in Buffalo.

I don't buy a lot of the stuff coming out of the media on him. A lot of sour grapes/agenda driven drivel.

The guy is from the same mold as Tom Coughlin, and he had the balls to bench Manuel, knowing it would piss off the front office.

I keep reading that around here.  I dont think it takes balls to bench a terrible player in favor of a better player.  

Sure it does. Benching Manuel was essentially an admission that his boss screwed up in the 2013 draft.

No.  It doesnt.  It just means they felt the guy behind him gave them a better chance win and they were right.  Manuel sitting and learning could have been a good thing for him in the future.  

It wasnt a "ballsy" move.  I just disagree with that all together.  

What realistic choice would not underwhelm you, and would get you excited?

I like Pep Hamilton.  I like Kubaik.  Tom posted a rumor about Holmgren, I'd pee myself a little over that...and out of his coaching tree, I probably will get laughed at but I think I like Pat Shurmur too. haha.  Maybe not.  

I think what Ben McAdoo got out of Eli this year is probably the most under appreciated success stories in the NFL - career high's in completion %, yards and his best TD to INT ratio of his career.  I'm shocked he's not getting mentioned for interviews. 

EDIT: and I do like Quinn.  Jets and Gators on his resume.  I dig him the most of the common names. 

No.  It doesnt.  It just means they felt the guy behind him gave them a better chance win and they were right.  Manuel sitting and learning could have been a good thing for him in the future.  

It wasnt a "ballsy" move.  I just disagree with that all together.  

I like Pep Hamilton.  I like Kubaik.  Tom posted a rumor about Holmgren, I'd pee myself a little over that...and out of his coaching tree, I probably will get laughed at but I think I like Pat Shurmur too. haha.  Maybe not.  

I think what Ben McAdoo got out of Eli this year is probably the most under appreciated success stories in the NFL - career high's in completion %, yards and his best TD to INT ratio of his career.  I'm shocked he's not getting mentioned for interviews.

probably because he's being groomed to take over for Tom Coughlin.

Archived