"he's going to reconfigure the scouting department" (MERGED)

Integrity28

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What about, Revis, Mo, Brick, Mangold, Harris?

What about last April? What has he done for us lately? You don't get judged on the job you did for a company 3-4-5-6-7 years ago you are judged on how you are doing NOW. Let's have Bradways and his staff on the couch with all of their work-ups on every potential 2015 draftee, judge that work and more importantly HOW it got here and see if it's worth the paper or computer space it was typed up on.

@BobGlauber: My understanding is Jets GM Mike Maccagnan will make major changes in scouting department. Terry Bradway & Jeff Bauer not expected to stay.

@BrianCoz: On personnel department, heard no changes are definite yet, but it sounds like they are coming, as @BobGlauber said. #nyj

@BobGlauber: My understanding is Jets GM Mike Maccagnan will make major changes in scouting department. Terry Bradway & Jeff Bauer not expected to stay.

@BrianCoz: On personnel department, heard no changes are definite yet, but it sounds like they are coming, as @BobGlauber said. #nyj

music to my ears

Cassery loves him and Wolf seemed to like him...He's well respected..and we don't know what picks he wanted as the GM made the final call..

but yes, outside of Watt - Houston has been very average in drafting.

JJ Watt was drafted in the Spring of 2011.  Maccagnan was not hired as college scouting director until the summer of 2011.  But everyone seems to be missing that point, mainly because it keeps getting parroted by all the radio talking heads that "...he drafted JJ Watt!".  Its misinformation.

JJ Watt was drafted in the Spring of 2011. Maccagnan was not hired as college scouting director until the summer of 2011. But everyone seems to be missing that point, mainly because it keeps getting parroted by all the radio talking heads that "...he drafted JJ Watt!". Its misinformation.

Thanks, joy kill

JJ Watt was drafted in the Spring of 2011.  Maccagnan was not hired as college scouting director until the summer of 2011.  But everyone seems to be missing that point, mainly because it keeps getting parroted by all the radio talking heads that "...he drafted JJ Watt!".  Its misinformation.

Ok. So if that position is responsible for all the bad picks then only Jeff Bauer should be fired, and not Idzik.

I guess the word league wide was Woody didn't want to put much effort or didn't really value our scouting dept. Reading between the lines it sounded like Jets scouts weren't on the road all that often. And the rep about Bradway dating back to his GM days was he was a bit lazy. So this makes sense

Putting effort into scouting is more a function of the GM than the owner.   Yet another reason Idzik is gone.   Any armchair GM could have had a better draft than Big John last year.  

the 2014 draft basically set this team back 2 years given the lack of available QB's in '15.   Idzik's rebuild was like a Lindsey Lohan rehab stint - it didn't accomplish anything except perpetuate another rebuild.   Wake me up in 2016. 

Not so sure this is all on Bradway like some here think .. No one knows the inner workings of the organization and how the GM's interpret what the scouting dept is actually telling them or recommending they do. For all we know Bradway could have done a fine job but Idzik payed zero attention just like Tanny when Bradway said Wilson and a receiver I remember him gushing about.  

Ok. So if that position is responsible for all the bad picks then only Jeff Bauer should be fired, and not Idzik.

No.  There are lots of folks involved in those decisions.  Mac didn't draft JJ Watt, that's all i'm saying.  As for Idzik, meh.  The guy should probably have been given a chance to hire his own coach.  He did do miracles with our bloated salary cap and cut a ton of dead weight.  He did pick up some decent guys on the cheap that contributed (probably SHOULD give that credit to the pro scouts, though.)  He's a guy that's a genius if Geno had panned out and McDougle makes the field alongside Milliner...guy caught some bad breaks if you ask me.  Don't know that Mac is any better.  I hope he is.  But Idzik got the shaft.  Woody always caves to the press and billboards.  

I don't understand the hate for Bradway. He is head of the scouting department and from what I understand delivered great scouting reports on players that rex and Tanny passed on, then Idzik. Bradway wanted Russell Wilson badly and Tannenbaum dismissed this. Bradway did NOT want Quinton Coples, but guess what? He also didn't like Stephen Hill, but again guess what? Seems he takes the blame for the guys our former GM's DID PICK and not the ones they didn't.

link?

Not so sure this is all on Bradway like some here think .. No one knows the inner workings of the organization and how the GM's interpret what the scouting dept is actually telling them or recommending they do. For all we know Bradway could have done a fine job but Idzik payed zero attention just like Tanny when Bradway said Wilson and a receiver I remember him gushing about.  

link?

nvm...bradway needs to go

link?

nvm...bradway needs to go

link on what JC ? Im fine with Bradway hitting the road but ya can't blame the guy for things you really don't know.. No one is going to come out and point fingers its very rare that happens in the NFL and if it does good luck finding another job. Sometimes things get hot and people talk but once again thats a rare occurance. Im all for Mac bringing in his own scouting Dept. Im all for Bowles bringing in his own coaches I just hope he retains Dunbar who seemed to be the only assistant worth a crap

link on what JC ? Im fine with Bradway hitting the road but ya can't blame the guy for things you really don't know.. No one is going to come out and point fingers its very rare that happens in the NFL and if it does good luck finding another job. Sometimes things get hot and people talk but once again thats a rare occurance. Im all for Mac bringing in his own scouting Dept. Im all for Bowles bringing in his own coaches I just hope he retains Dunbar who seemed to be the only assistant worth a crap

JC was asking for the link of Bradway not wanting Coples, Hill & gushing about what WR

Dunbar went to buffalo.

If one is going to send emails to GM's raving about a player, one would expect that someone to actually watch him play more than once or twice. relying on kipers thumbnails is no way to go thru life.

now thats just sour grapes. You are better than that Rich. relax with some of that great Java you like so much :)

I was right on Russell Wilson = Home Run!!

Had only they read my emails, LOL

No.  There are lots of folks involved in those decisions.  Mac didn't draft JJ Watt, that's all i'm saying.  As for Idzik, meh.  The guy should probably have been given a chance to hire his own coach.  He did do miracles with our bloated salary cap and cut a ton of dead weight.  He did pick up some decent guys on the cheap that contributed (probably SHOULD give that credit to the pro scouts, though.)  He's a guy that's a genius if Geno had panned out and McDougle makes the field alongside Milliner...guy caught some bad breaks if you ask me.  Don't know that Mac is any better.  I hope he is.  But Idzik got the shaft.  Woody always caves to the press and billboards.  

True, but this team does not draft well, and the one constant all these years has been TB.  That is the way I look at it.  He must have had something significant to do with that.  And wasn't Mac in the Houston scouting department before that promotion?

JJ Watt was drafted in the Spring of 2011. Maccagnan was not hired as college scouting director until the summer of 2011. But everyone seems to be missing that point, mainly because it keeps getting parroted by all the radio talking heads that "...he drafted JJ Watt!". Its misinformation.

He was in the scouting department still right? Everything I've seen and heard says that he's had at least some of his fingerprints on most Texan selections.

Best news of the offseason.  Hopefully Maccagnan puts the kind of people in place that can have us operating at a similar level as the rest of the teams when it comes to the draft, rather than looking like we have zero clue as to what we're doing in that area.

Bradway should go. Time for some new blood.  But blaming the entire scouting dept. seems like SOJ "its everybody's fault" mentality.  In every business and in every type of career, you have the good and bad.  Find the best of our scouts, the most dedicated and personally invested, and move them up the chain.  Then cut the dead weight and hire to fill the bottom.  That's the formula that has worked in every business and organization everywhere since forever.  "Fire them all"....just dumb and reactionary.

The guy who drafted Doug jolley will finally be looking for a new job

Yeah I don't care if Bradway wanted Russell Wilson and got overruled in favor of Teblow. 

Bradway made so many bone-headed moves over the years as GM or advising in the scouting dep't.  F that guy let him go to Buffalo and get Rex fired.

Archived