F*cking Bevell

sourceworx

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Again, you simply have no idea what you're talking about re Emmitt. There's no equivalent between his business and Arnold putting a fellow juice-head in a couple of his movies.

1. Predator was amazing.

2 Emmitt Smith will never become governor of a Midwestern state.

3. Emmitt Smith says so much stupid sh*t re: football that he'd struggle to win JN's vaunted POTW award.

After Lynch took it to the one is there anyone on here who did not think the Hawks were winning the SB via another run by him on one of the next two downs?

I don't understand defending the call when in the moment there is no way you, me or anyone else but Seattle's HC/OC were thinking pass.

If anything, Seattle let too much clock run off before the 2nd down play.

After Lynch took it to the one is there anyone on here who did not think the Hawks were winning the SB via another run by him on one of the next two downs?

I don't understand defending the call when in the moment there is no way you, me or anyone else but Seattle's HC/OC were thinking pass.

Me.

As the Seahawks got there, I pictured the Seahawks as the Jets, just to try to emulate what the feeling may be like. As I did that, I realized that scoring WASN'T a given, and that anything was possible.

Did I somehow change the Seahawks fortunes, by substituting them for the Jets in my head?

This Jets jinx is powerful stuff

what??? the goal was to score and leave brady with under 20 secs

I miss the old T0m. The guy who posted the rant from Jaws, causing teh Falcon to lose his mind. The T0m who once played Mafia with us. The T0m that didn't accuse Max of conspiring against him. The T0m that used to be funny rather than bitter.

I miss T0m.

His candle burned out long before his legend ever did.

After Lynch took it to the one is there anyone on here who did not think the Hawks were winning the SB via another run by him on one of the next two downs?

This is and was my feeling at the time and still is my feeling.

Seattle made a bad call, period.

Why the justification by a few manic posters is beyond me.

People make bad decisions everyday, everyday!

Yes folks and Seattle have reasons for why they may have taken a given course of actions but they wrong to do so. WRONG!!!

Indeed there is a REASON as Chris Rock once said to throw a blind man down a flight a steps but you just don't do it!!! That would be a bad decision. The jails are full of folks who made poor decisions. Despite what some out here may attempt to pontificate to the contrary professionals of every stripe make mistakes.

That said lawyers, judges, teachers, doctors and yes do I dare say it NFL coaches make mistakes!!!

To me defending stupidity only makes it worse. Saying I blew it and realizing that and moving on is a mark of insightfulness.

The thing is this: even the biggest detractors of the call have been qualifying their criticism of the call by saying that if Lockette does what he's supposed to do, and if Wilson throws it where it's supposed to go, it's a relatively easy TD that wins the Super Bowl. I get the logic that says adding extra operations to the play (Wilson receiving the snap, getting the throw off, and Lockette getting to the spot and making the catch) further compromises the security of completing the play, but what transpired was literally the worst case scenario. The pass was off, the receiver made an unconscionable effort to go after the ball, Browner jacked up Kearse, and the rookie UDFA corner busted it from the end line to make a play. It was just a perfect storm of sh*t at the worst time. The call itself was fine, but the lack of elementary execution killed it.

call was terrible... you don't target a 4th stringer with 11 catches on the year in that spot and then act surprised that he didn't make a good play...

it'd be like having Internet message board debates, us sending klacko to represent JN and then being surprised by our last place finish

As crazy as it may sound, I honestly believe there are some people who have never played beyond Pop Warner or HS that feel like they could legitimately build a competitive NFL roster and call plays on offense and defense.

and those people are the BIGGEST idiots on the boards

BTW, How ABOUT those New York Jets this coming season, are you as excited as I am to finally get to see a completely different mindset on the field and at Florham Park? I am sick of hearing about that stupid game and that stupid call and that cheating triumverate of scumbags Kraft, Goodell, and Belichick  

BTW, How ABOUT those New York Jets this coming season, are you as excited as I am to finally get to see a completely different mindset on the field and at Florham Park? I am sick of hearing about that stupid game and that stupid call and that cheating triumverate of scumbags Kraft, Goodell, and Belichick  

It's like 2006 all over again, right?

I mean, look at this sh*t. You might not get an easier play to make in an entire game:

7A43E01B-534C-4D50-A2E9-3FA31ACFB104.jpg

Didn't someone actually suggest from this still that WIlson could have walked in?  I would throw this pass and 10 times out of 10 I would turn around raise my hands to signal the automatic TD.  My only fear if you put me in Wilson's shoes at this exact point would be seeing over the line and he is a shrimp too, so I see no problems.  That is an easy 6

1. Predator was amazing.

2 Emmitt Smith will never become governor of a Midwestern state.

3. Emmitt Smith says so much stupid sh*t re: football that he'd struggle to win JN's vaunted POTW award.

I take it from your comments you've never met him or spoken to him. He's no dummy. Jesse Ventura is a dummy.

And Minnesota? They don't even count. All he did was show his insanity and it appealed to the Minnesota voters' insanity. He was the "Yeah, why the hell not?" vote. Smith's not going to become governor first and foremost because he's not going to run. It doesn't pay well enough.

But go ahead and assume he's got LeGarrette Blount's IQ because he's an NFL RB who shares another visible feature.

When factoring in the situation and the importance, Bevell/Carroll made the worst play call in the history of the NFL.

I take it from your comments you've never met him or spoken to him. He's no dummy. Jesse Ventura is a dummy.

And Minnesota? They don't even count. All he did was show his insanity and it appealed to the Minnesota voters' insanity. He was the "Yeah, why the hell not?" vote. Smith's not going to become governor first and foremost because he's not going to run. It doesn't pay well enough.

But go ahead and assume he's got LeGarrette Blount's IQ because he's an NFL RB who shares another visible feature.

When factoring in the situation and the importance, Bevell/Carroll made the worst play call in the history of the NFL.

I will defer to your obvious and intimate awareness of Emmitt Smith's level of intelligence. My apologies to Mr. Smith.

Didn't someone actually suggest from this still that WIlson could have walked in? I would throw this pass and 10 times out of 10 I would turn around raise my hands to signal the automatic TD. My only fear if you put me in Wilson's shoes at this exact point would be seeing over the line and he is a shrimp too, so I see no problems. That is an easy 6

I still can't believe they didn't complete this. That DB was six yards out. Just a crazy play.

call was terrible... you don't target a 4th stringer with 11 catches on the year in that spot and then act surprised that he didn't make a good play...

it'd be like having Internet message board debates, us sending klacko to represent JN and then being surprised by our last place finish

Lol

I will defer to your obvious and intimate awareness of Emmitt Smith's level of intelligence. My apologies to Mr. Smith.

I'm not implying he's some great genius; just saying he's no dummy. And certainly bright enough to identify what a stupid play call it was to pretend Seattle had no ability to run the football for 1 yard. Best RB in the league and the best running QB in the league and he calls a play to throw it into the middle of the defense.

We dodged a bullet on Bevell (assuming Idzik would have hired him). He may be a decent QB coach but his prowess as an OC is nothing of the sort; he's as successful as the talent allows him to be (and quite likely below that talent level at that). Unique, elite RBs (Peterson then Lynch) his whole career as an OC have made him look far better/smarter than he is. To suggest he deserved a promotion to HC is ludicrous.

Want to bring him here with a demotion to QBC someday? I'm loosely open to that. But he's not going to work miracles in that capacity either. If a player doesn't have it (e.g. Tavaris Jackson, Matt Flynn) or doesn't have it anymore (Brad Johnson, Gus Frerotte), then Bevell's going to be about as successful as the Jets were in bringing along Sanchez and Geno.

Basically he's a product of the product (as are most coaches). Nothing to see here.

I'm not implying he's some great genius; just saying he's no dummy. And certainly bright enough to identify what a stupid play call it was to pretend Seattle had no ability to run the football for 1 yard. Best RB in the league and the best running QB in the league and he calls a play to throw it into the middle of the defense.

We dodged a bullet on Bevell (assuming Idzik would have hired him). He may be a decent QB coach but his prowess as an OC is nothing of the sort; he's as successful as the talent allows him to be (and quite likely below that talent level at that). Unique, elite RBs (Peterson then Lynch) his whole career as an OC have made him look far better/smarter than he is. To suggest he deserved a promotion to HC is ludicrous.

Want to bring him here with a demotion to QBC someday? I'm loosely open to that. But he's not going to work miracles in that capacity either. If a player doesn't have it (e.g. Tavaris Jackson, Matt Flynn) or doesn't have it anymore (Brad Johnson, Gus Frerotte), then Bevell's going to be about as successful as the Jets were in bringing along Sanchez and Geno.

Basically he's a product of the product (as are most coaches). Nothing to see here.

Probably. As I've stated before though, my interest in Bevell was based in him being the most likely candidate to replace Rex after Idzik was hired. His sole qualification in my mind was that he represented a coaching change. I'm very happy with Bowles.

It's like 2006 all over again, right?

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"

Like 1974 with Charlie Winner, I mean '75 with Winner and Ken Shipp or '76 with Lou Holtz and Mike Holovak no wait, I mean 1977 with Walt Michaels, or was it '83 with Joe Pickurnose? No I think it was maybe in 1990 with Coslet and then again in '94 with Pete Carroll (who I really liked as a DC but not so much as a head coach) but let's face it, ANYONE was better than who was next (except maybe fat ass Rexy near the end) in '95-'96; Rich Kotite, Well then we finally got a pretty good one there with The Tuna in '97 until he handed it all over to Al Groh in 2000 who couldn't WAIT to get outta Dodge, and then the new owner does the league (who is trying to incorporate more African American coaches into the game) a favor and us fans a BIG disservice in 2001 with 5 years of "and the home of the Jets" and playing NOT to lose by hiring Herman Edwards who then brought us more infamy and the Jets version of Flava Flav Dick Curl or was it Tony Soprano's pal "The Mangenius" in 2006 who also dined at Artie Bucco's restaurant before Tony torched it, Then it was deja vu all over again in 2009...the never ending carousel ride....

Archived