Is it time for the Cro to return to NY?

Jetsmanjb

Is it that time?  With Bowles, former defensive coordinator of the Arizona Cardinals arriving in New York this year many are speculating this could spark Cromartie to return to the Jets.  He has spoke highly of coach Bowles this offseason and if it's for the right price then why not sign him?  I think our secondary/defense significantly improves with Cromartie playing #1 corner and Milliner playing #2 corner.  

If it's time for them to offer him the most money, it'll be time for him to come back.  I hope they bring him in.  Can't afford to go with anything resembling what they threw out there last season.

It makes so much more sense to bring back Cromartie for 1/8 of the cost of what someone like Revis would want.  He has taken paycuts in the past for us as well. 

Although he is unlikely to become a pro bowl caliber player, he is better than any corner we have on the roster right now.  And we also know he is no Dimitri Patterson....  smh 

Cro was hurt and horrible in 2013.

Cro was healthy and mediocre in 2014.. with several ints that were the result of being in the right place at the right time

I dont want him as our #1 in 2015.

He had 3 INTs. Isn't being a good corner about being 'in the right place at the right time'? He's an upgrade over everything we fielded last season. He wants to be here. He was a leader in the secondary. His price tag won't be that large. Guy is an athlete.

Cro speaks highly of every team/coach you bring up. He wants to play for the Cards, he said just a couple of days ago he would love to play for the Cowboys when ESPN brought them up, he wants to play for Rex and the Bills when ESPN brought them up, he wants to play for the Jets as well. He'd love to play for 32/32 teams in the NFL.

As for your question: No. Not interested.

Is it that time?  With Bowles, former defensive coordinator of the Arizona Cardinals arriving in New York this year many are speculating this could spark Cromartie to return to the Jets.  He has spoke highly of coach Bowles this offseason and if it's for the right price then why not sign him?  I think our secondary/defense significantly improves with Cromartie playing #1 corner and Milliner playing #2 corner.  

Well, at this stage of his career, the best person to make that call is Bowles.  Since he has eyeballed him on the field for an entire season and knows what he wants.  Just because Cromartie played all season for him does not mean he loves him.  Cromartie  may have been all he had.  Cromartie is erratic,  he looks into the backfield too much, he holds a lot, and he does not tackle. He also had a serious injury, stunk 2 years ago, and is not getting any younger at 31 or 32.  I would not bring him back, but if Bowles wants him, I will not have a conniption about it.

No Cro, no stop gaps.

We need to truly rebuild with guys that can at least play 4 years.

Jets should target Maxwell from the Hawks, younger than Cro, will cost a lot more but we need young good players to build continued success over the next 5 years. I don't want any players over 30.

Colon needs to go too, I can't believe a guy that was jettisoned by the Steelers is our starting guard. Steelers are one of the best teams in the league when it comes to knowing when a player is on the down side.

Replace Colon with Iupati & in one move we've improved the Oline tremendously. I would not be adverse to signing the best a offensive tackle in the draft if he's staring at us at pick #6. Dbrick isn't getting any younger, Breno is mediocre and if you look at the draft over the last 5 years, tackles taken at the top of the draft have a great track record of success.

F.J.O.S. Jet Fan's Wet Dream, one of their lost sheep return.

No, I prefer we acquire a much better, much younger, DB than Cromartie.

Had Cro not been a Jet before, we'd not be having this conversation, and this thread would not exist.

Being a former Jet is not good enough a reason to sign someone, and we can do better than an old, hobbled, CB.

Considering we could get him very cheap and he's an upgrade over what we currently have, then I'd say yes.

We shouldn't, however, go into 2015 with him as our #1 corner.

Bring him in to play the #2 corner, or to take over Wilson's nickel CB responsibilities, and bring in new starters via free agency and the draft.

As pointe dout in a previous post, Bowles coached him in Arizona last season, he certainly knows Cro's capability and can make a good decision on whether or not to bring him back to the Jets.

Thank you. If our coach who coached him last year thinks it's a good idea to bring him in, then I will defer to his judgement.

He had 3 INTs. Isn't being a good corner about being 'in the right place at the right time'? He's an upgrade over everything we fielded last season. He wants to be here. He was a leader in the secondary. His price tag won't be that large. Guy is an athlete.

There are younger and better options. I was in a minority of jets fans who wanted to bring back Cro last summer but we simply have better options this year. 49ers and Seahawks can't resign Culliver and Maxwell. Get me both

There are younger and better options. I was in a minority of jets fans who wanted to bring back Cro last summer but we simply have better options this year. 49ers and Seahawks can't resign Culliver and Maxwell. Get me both

Bowles likes blitzing a lot. We need corners. A lot of them. Cro will be good insurance. Look at the garbage we marched out there this season. 

why would we need a pro bowl CB? same a Rex bring in Bart and other Ravens familiar with his scheme, he will be able to help team and coach up the younger CB in what coach Bowles wants to do. he has a house in NJ his family loves it NJ he is great stop gap option..  

Considering we could get him very cheap and he's an upgrade over what we currently have, then I'd say yes.

We shouldn't, however, go into 2015 with him as our #1 corner.

Bring him in to play the #2 corner, or to take over Wilson's nickel CB responsibilities, and bring in new starters via free agency and the draft.

Yeah I'd like Cro and Maxwell. Cro would be playing outside though, no way he is a nickel corner with his body and play history. Nickel receivers would give him fits, let him play on the outside where he can get his hands on the receiver and use the sideline.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Cromartie played well over the first half of the season, other than one rough game against the Broncos where Demaryius Thomas torched him for over 200 yards. However, he really struggled over the second half of the season and actually graded out significantly worse than Darrin Walls and Marcus Williams did with the Jets after midseason. Once again, any team that signs Cromartie is going to have to weigh up if he can be expected to return to his best form and maintain it throughout the season. If he ends up covering number one receivers again in 2015, this could hamper his effectiveness too, because he did not do that this season while paired with Patrick Peterson.

F.J.O.S. Jet Fan's Wet Dream, one of their lost sheep return.

No, I prefer we acquire a much better, much younger, DB than Cromartie.

Had Cro not been a Jet before, we'd not be having this conversation, and this thread would not exist.

Being a former Jet is not good enough a reason to sign someone, and we can do better than an old, hobbled, CB.

I always get a laugh when a former players kid enters the draft like Klecko,Toon Gaffney etc in most cases the apple doesn't fall close to the tree it's doesn't even fall in the same state talent wise.. :winking0001:  

Archived