Free Agency Twitter Updates

DaBallhawk

You really think at age 32 or 33 he's gonna hold out based on the contract he signed now in his prime at age 29/30, as a superbowl champ and the best corner in football? He's not gonna hold out because he's much more likely to get released if he doesn't restructure. But if he continues to play at an elite level at age 32 I can absolutely see him play out his contract here and then retire obviously when the contract is up. That'd be the icing on the cake.

Simply preparing myself for worst.  You would think at some point the guy would feel like $14-$16 mil would be enough to keep him happy.  His injury was serious, but he's one of those guys who takes such good care of himself that I wouldn't be surprised if he's one of the best in the NFL for another five seasons.  Three years from now, there will be players he is on par with or better than who might be getting paid more than him.  If so, he won't allow it.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks...I couldn't resist.  That was literally my first thought after Iggles made that deal. I think it was Cimini but I saw a blurb a few days ago saying Bradford and Fitz were the Jets' two targets heading into the offseason.  I know it's somewhat of a crazy theory, but there's absolutely no other way I can understand that trade from the Eagles standpoint.  Everyone on the planet knows that they need a running QB, and he goes out and gets a guy with multiple ACL surgeries?  If his plan is to go with Bradford in his offense then he's ten times crazier than we thought.

I think its pretty simple to see the Eagles are not trading Bradford to the Jets. We wont be able to afford him after free agency, his contract is 19m/yr

Nope. I'd say the 2nd best TE in football getting traded about 10 minutes after rumors surfaced that he was on the trade block beats the retirement of a JAG linebacker that a few people had a hard-on for. And Revis actually coming back. And Foles for Bradford. But, I guess I'll give it fourth, in a tie with Jake Locker.

Lol are you actually telling me which event surprised me more??

I think its pretty simple to see the Eagles are not trading Bradford to the Jets. We wont be able to afford him after free agency, his contract is 19m/yr

StL is on the hook for the signing bonus portion of his salary so it would be $13 million which is still a lot, but the Jets could move some money around and make it work.

An extension would NOT be ideal because of his health concerns, but that could be another way to work it if they like him that much.

Again, this is more about figuring out WTF Chip Kelly is doing than it is about what the Jets are doing.

Mo and Sheldon should be  priority.  I understand Sheldon still have a couple years before we have to do anything but still

Right even if Sheldon has two years before we need to pay him they should be taking that into consideration when they are panning out guaranteed money to players over the next several years. (not saying they are not doing a good job, just hope that they don't put the teams future at risk to win now)

Signing Cro is stupid. Use the money elsewhere. Unless they have plans of moving him to FS, it's dumb. No point. They're coming off of 4 wins and need a sh*t ton of help, not 12 and are just a few pieces away.

Some might say that willingly living in Jacksonville is stupid, yet people do it anyway.

Jacksonville aside, I do agree that at this point Cromartie would be overkill but lets wait to see what kind of contract he would actually want, I have a feeling the reason its taking so long is that the Jets gave him a lowball offer and he wants to see if anyone else is willing to pay him.

Signing Cro is stupid. Use the money elsewhere. Unless they have plans of moving him to FS, it's dumb. No point. They're coming off of 4 wins and need a sh*t ton of help, not 12 and are just a few pieces away.

I remember hearing the Cro to FS talk a couple seasons ago and honestly like the idea. I think he'd be great in that role and even if he were to lose a step he'd still be plenty fast to play the position.  Honestly makes the most sense if they're going to have Revis, Cro, Skrine, Milliner, McDougle, Walls, Williams to work with but not a true FS.  Maybe that's actually the plan.

Right even if Sheldon has two years before we need to pay him they should be taking that into consideration when they are panning out guaranteed money to players over the next several years. (not saying they are not doing a good job, just hope that they don't put the teams future at risk to win now)

Exactly.  I understand most fans just wnat to win and dont care about cap space BUT that would also get you into trouble.  Yes everybody loves Revis BUT he takes up a lot of money for a CB in his 30's despite how good he is.  I dont want to lose Sheldon or Mo

I remember hearing the Cro to FS talk a couple seasons ago and honestly like the idea. I think he'd be great in that role and even if he were to lose a step he'd still be plenty fast to play the position. Honestly makes the most sense if they're going to have Revis, Cro, Skrine, Milliner, McDougle, Walls, Williams to work with but not a true FS. Maybe that's actually the plan.

Ok but the problem with him playing safety is he is actually going to have tackle someone from time to time.

Ok but the problem with him playing safety is he is actually going to have tackle someone from time to time.

As long as it's only from time to time I think he'll be okay.  Having him and Skrine out there at the same time would make it tough against the run though.  Neither one wants to have much to do with sticking their face in the fan....or near the fan for that matter.

Good cap planning & management.  Props out to Maccagnan, Graves and the administration staff

I know, but it seemed like they committed so much yesterday that $30 mil would be impossible.  I thought at best they'd be looking at low 20's.  Not so much mathematically impossible as much as "too good to be true" impossible.

We should give Idzik some credit for fixing our cap and giving us so much room to work with this year too.

Should we give him credit for striking out in an extremely depressed CB market?  Revis was available from the Bucs making $13M per year through 2018.  Cro signed for one year at $3.5M.  They could have had both for less than they pay Revis and not been running JuCo players out there at CB last year.  Thanks Idzik.  Revis knew it was a bad CB market, why didn't Idzik?  His obsession with cap space went beyond rational thought.

Archived