Free Agency Twitter Updates

DaBallhawk

This is what bothers me. Houston is clearly going to cut him and how many other opportunities to start are out there? Like what team is as bad at QB as us that this wouldn't be an attractive destination for him.

The whole thing seems unnecessary. A conditional 2016 7th, whatever it's fine, it just seems kind of pointless. And it's not like he's a guy that they can't afford to lose.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sanchez was on two teams that went to the AFCCG. Using TEAM win-loss records totals to evaluate an individual is just silly.

Ok so the fact he's a career loser doesnt matter?  How many career losers turn around and start winning games on another team.

It doesnt matter to you that he couldnt win games under Gailey? 

And dont act like he's got impressive #'s. 

Gotta call it like it is...W-L record had plenty to do with horrific Buffalo defense.  Offense was just fine.

lmfao - offense was terrible.  They never finished in the top half.

28, 15, 24 in points scored, almost identical in yards.

Rex Ryan and Brian Shottenhiemer had better offensive teams.

Compared to Geno, they are

Cool.  Again, that's not saying much.

What good does signing Fitz do?  7 games?  He's never won 7 games before, so that would be a first.  Geno's won 8 but winning doesnt matter.  Stats are cool.

Bottom line you dont trade for a QB who's about to get cut.  Especially when said QB is garbage.

Ok so the fact he's a career loser doesnt matter?  How many career losers turn around and start winning games on another team.

He is the best option right now, he probably wont be our starter, he would give us a solid backup QB , we would be giving up basically nothing to get the guy, we could cut him if we wanted to with no cap hit, he knows the system and could teach or attempt to teach younger players if needed, he has been on 5 different teams and never complained or caused any problems. (reasons to get Fitzpatrick)

JiF doesn't like him. (reasons to not get Fitzpatrick)

I think the rewards outweigh the risks on this one.

Cool.  Again, that's not saying much.

What good does signing Fitz do?  7 games?  He's never won 7 games before, so that would be a first.  Geno's won 8 but winning doesnt matter.  Stats are cool.

Bottom line you dont trade for a QB who's about to get cut.  Especially when said QB is garbage.

Given the recent acquisitions the Jets aren't prepared to get into a bidding war for Fitzpatricks services.  It's smart business.

Ryan Fitzpatrick has never been a QB of a good offense.  Ever. 

Good is not my standard for a stopgap QB.  I said "not embarrassing".  That's a Geno-led offense.  Much like a Sanchez-led offense.  No one on the open market is going to give us a "good" offense.  And it's unlikely we'll get that out of a rookie unless we get extremely lucky.  

What was Vinny T's career record before coming to the Jets?

This guy is on some Jacksonville Meth. No one here is saying Fitzpatrick is a franchise QB. All we're saying is he's a better QB than Geno ******* Smith.

JiF is just still pissed off about Rex leaving.  And he's been wrong about everything since.  He said no one would want to play here.  Pretty much minutes after saying that we acquired Revis.  Him being so adamantly against Fitzpatrick makes me like him a lot more than I did before.  I've been referring to him as a stopgap.  Now JiF's explosion against such a preposterous idea is making me think he'll repeat that 13th-ranked DVOA rating he carried last season.

Quick, JiF, tell me what the winning lotto numbers will NOT be this week.

Listen to you. Bidding war. It's Ryan Fitzpatrick.

I'll admit I was smiling..

but there are some qb needy teams out there that would probably outbid us.  hey they want to keep him at sub 4 mil.  maybe they got plans to get cro and extend mo and don't want to risk it.

Teams Fitzpatrick has been part of.

Rams - he got 150 throws

Bengals - Pre AJ Green

Bills - Pre Watkins ( he did have Stevie Johnson, Chandler Jones, David Nelson.)

Titans - played a backup role on a team with crap recievers.

Texans - With an old Andre Johnson and a still developing Deandre Hopkins.

its not like he was ever given a chance on a team with any elite talents. The Jets this year might be one of the most talented offensive teams he ever plays for.

He is the best option right now, he probably wont be our starter, he would give us a solid backup QB , we would be giving up basically nothing to get the guy, we could cut him if we wanted to with no cap hit, he knows the system and could teach or attempt to teach younger players if needed, he has been on 5 different teams and never complained or caused any problems. (reasons to get Fitzpatrick)

JiF doesn't like him. (reasons to not get Fitzpatrick)

I think the rewards outweigh the risks on this one.

Fine. Fair enough.  Agree to disagree.  

Good is not my standard for a stopgap QB.  I said "not embarrassing".  That's a Geno-led offense.  Much like a Sanchez-led offense.  No one on the open market is going to give us a "good" offense.  And it's unlikely we'll get that out of a rookie unless we get extremely lucky.  

Haha.  Fitz is plenty embarrassing but whatever.  This is the Jets we're talking about.

I'm done debating Ryan Fitpatrick.  Because it is actually more embarrassing that we're at that point.  lmfao  **** you Jets, **** you.

Who would even be bidding up the services for Fitz? The Browns and vikings? Fitz has worked with Chan before, Geno is awful and the FO is not tied to him like Minn is with Bridgewater and the Browns are with Manziel.

Well when the Saints trade Brees they're going to need a savvy vet.

Teams Fitzpatrick has been part of.

Rams - he got 150 throws

Bengals - Pre AJ Green

Bills - Pre Watkins ( he did have Stevie Johnson, Chandler Jones, David Nelson.)

Titans - played a backup role on a team with crap recievers.

Texans - With an old Andre Johnson and a still developing Deandre Hopkins.

its not like he was ever given a chance on a team with any elite talents. The Jets this year might be one of the most talented offensive teams he ever plays for.

Chad Johnson, TJ Housh, Benson, Hopkins is a beast, Stevie Johnson, Fred Jackson. Come on the dude sucks, let's not pretend like he's had the same weapons as Geno up until now.

What was Vinny T's career record before coming to the Jets?

Good example.  Probably the only QB that turned it around and stated winning on another team...at least that I can think of.

JiF is just still pissed off about Rex leaving.  And he's been wrong about everything since.  He said no one would want to play here.  Pretty much minutes after saying that we acquired Revis.  Him being so adamantly against Fitzpatrick makes me like him a lot more than I did before.  I've been referring to him as a stopgap.  Now JiF's explosion against such a preposterous idea is making me think he'll repeat that 13th-ranked DVOA rating he carried last season.

Quick, JiF, tell me what the winning lotto numbers will NOT be this week.

Show me that.

Who would even be bidding up the services for Fitz? The Browns and vikings? Fitz has worked with Chan before, Geno is awful and the FO is not tied to him like Minn is with Bridgewater and the Browns are with Manziel.

Hard to say, I would assume there are a few teams who would throw an offer out (as a backup obviously). If he hit the open market I think his value would be something around 6-7m over 2 years with about half of that guaranteed. If we make a trade for a 7th round pick we get the guy for 1 year with nothing guaranteed.

Is Max paying you per post you and your comments generate? We get it. You hate everything and anything the Jets do, have done, or will do.

BTW..

Fitzpatrick named AFC Offensive Player of the Month

Posted Sep 29, 2011

By Chris Brown, Lead Journalist

•  
  •  

It’s been an impressive start for the Bills out of the gate here in 2011 with Buffalo leading the league in scoring and their signal caller making all the right moves in a pair of unlikely comeback efforts against the Raiders and the Patriots. Ryan Fitzpatrickicon-article-link.gif’s production through the first three weeks of the season has earned the Bills quarterback AFC Offensive Player of the Month honors for September.

“I think it is a tremendous honor," said Fitzpatrick. "Whenever you receive an award it’s not just because of one guy, it reflects on the whole team"

In leading the Bills to a 3-0 start Fitzpatrick and his teammates have the distinction of being the only undefeated team in the AFC. 

Fitzpatrick led comeback efforts in Week 2 vs. Oakland (18 pt. deficit) and Week 3 vs. New England (21 pt. deficit) making Buffalo the first team in NFL history to win consecutive games in which it trailed by at least 18 points in each contest.

“The way he manages the game and the accuracy he's throwing with right now… he's done an amazing job,” said Bills head coach Chan Gailey. “The highest compliment you can pay a quarterback is that he wins. It doesn't matter whether we're up or down or what, he keeps playing well. He's a winner, obviously.”

In Week 3’s victory over New England, Fitzpatrick completed 3-3 passes for 79 yards to move the Bills into position for a 28-yard game-winning FG by Rian Lindellicon-article-link.gif.  

In Buffalo’s Week 2 victory over Oakland, Fitzpatrick connected with David Nelsonicon-article-link.gif on the game-winning six-yard touchdown pass with 14 seconds left.  Fitzpatrick threw three second half touchdown passes to overcome a 21-3 deficit at halftime. Fitzpatrick engineered touchdown drives on each of the team’s five possessions in the second half. 

In the season opener at Kansas City, Fitzpatrick tied a career-high with four touchdown passes. And produced the NFL’s highest passer rating of Week 1 (133.0), which was also a career high in a 41-7 victory.

He currently ranks second in the AFC in touchdown passes (9) and passer rating (103.5), and is third in the conference in fourth quarter passer rating (131.1).

Fitzpatrick has been especially sharp in the red zone where he helped put Buffalo’s offense in a tie for the conference lead with 11 red zone touchdowns. Buffalo’s 78.6 red zone touchdown percentage ranks second in the AFC. 

“The way he’s playing he’s taking advantage of his opportunities,” said Fred Jacksonicon-article-link.gif. “This is the first time he was able to come in and be named the starter. He’s relishing that role. He’s taking full advantage of making plays for his team, going in the right spots and I love playing with him.”

Fitzpatrick becomes the first Bills player to receive AFC Offensive Player of the Month honors since Drew Bledsoe in September 2002. He is the third Bills quarterback to receive the honor joining Bledsoe and Hall of Famer Jim Kelly, who won it three times.

The whole point of bringing in a guy like Fitzpatrick is having a decent one-year stopgap to start while the drafted QB sits. I'm not sure why some people are acting like we're planning on handing him the keys to the franchise.

Or we could just throw a rookie straight into the fire. Because that worked out so well the last two times.

lmfao - offense was terrible.  They never finished in the top half.

28, 15, 24 in points scored, almost identical in yards.

Rex Ryan and Brian Shottenhiemer had better offensive teams.

Fitzpatrick was a looooong looooong way from being the worst QB in the NFL.  How long has it been since the Jets have had such a luxury?

Jets scored 244 points last season in a league that is begging teams to get in to the end zone six times every Sunday.  Just a few short years ago, teams were still allowed to play a little bit of defense against the pass.  In those three seasons, the Bills scored 283, 372 and 344 points.  The Jets lost eight games last season in which they could have won or tied if they'd scored on their last possession.  In Fitz and Gailey's worst season, they produced 39 more points than Geno did last year.

A very clear upgrade at the QB position in today's NFL for a 7th round pick is not something I would say no to.

This is what bothers me. Houston is clearly going to cut him and how many other opportunities to start are out there? Like what team is as bad at QB as us that this wouldn't be an attractive destination for him.

Give up a conditional 7th to save 2 million on the cap, plus you don't have to make a multi year decision.

Actually, I like that idea a lot.

Cool.  Like I said, I'm done.  Go trade for Fitzpatrick.  Yipee!!!!

You've taken quite the horse whipping - rightfully so - for your ridiculous opinions this morning.

I suggest you grab that gravity bong of yours and take a timeout.

Show me that.

I interpreted your incessant whining about other teams in the division loading up on talent as your assumption we would not add players and get better as well.

Sure but they won 9 games with no running game or QB and now they have a better coach.

This isn't good. The division is getting better and the Jets are ******* terrible. Get used to the bottom, that's what this team is.

Archived