Free Agency Twitter Updates

DaBallhawk

cro is hit or miss. he always has been. I would offer him a 1 year deal. if milliner can stay healthy, he is a lock for the #2. cro would be the insurance policy. if milliner cant stay healthy and cro plays decent, you resign him the next year and cut bait with milliner

Cro is most likely not getting the 6 he is looking for and will sign for far less. I'd say a 2 year 8 mil contract with 5 guaranteed or something like that will get it done and seal up the finest CB group this side of the missisippi.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meh. I'm not gung-ho on extending Brick until I see how he plays this year. He's already been on a noticeable decline. He may not be part of that nucleus you speak of.

I'm just saying extending Mo is no problem. Wouldn't even have to backload it and screw ourselves later by loading up on signing bonus instead of higher guaranteed early salaries. But I'd make damn sure we're done with needing that extra few million this year. If we sign a couple more guys and then redo Mo's deal and then find out we're $6M short if/when a favorable Brees deal appears? Ugh.

Most likely we're going to have plenty to extend him soon. I don't see us adding another $20M in new players unless one is a high-priced QB. Only 2 such players available are Brees (if it's even true) and Cutler. We're not taking the latter so I don't see enough players out there for us to use all of it up.

I was saying restructure Brick, extend Mo. For the same reasons in bold. He's part of the nucleus for at least the next 2 years, the way I see it.

Cro is most likely not getting the 6 he is looking for and will sign for far less. I'd say a 2 year 8 mil contract with 5 guaranteed or something like that will get it done and seal up the finest CB group this side of the missisippi.

like I said before, cro is hit or miss. gotta hope you get good cro instead of bad cro

Okay, then my wishful thinking translates to me not knowing what I'm talking about. LOL

Hey, he might take one in 2016 but it can't be a lot even if he did (if he took a huge pay cut it means he's not even worth the new amount because he sucked horribly in '15). In 2017 he absolutely would. But next year? It's iffy with the way some of these contracts are going. He turns 32 in December. Not old but not young (for the NFL). Don't know if he'd get north of $10M for '16 (let alone $13M for '17), which is what the Jets are on the hook for. But even if he took a pay cut next year it wouldn't be much. It's his cap # that's so other-worldly, not his salary. The bonus $ has to come off the cap whether he's here or not. So all we're left facing is his new money. Is he worth $10M and $13M? Or just the $10M for 2016? He might be and he might not be.

Anyway I'm sure this will come up later. Wrong thread for it all. Important stuff being discussed in here. 

like I said before, cro is hit or miss. gotta hope you get good cro instead of bad cro

This.  Based on the way he played in his last season with the Jets it was not an unreasonable assumption that he would get shredded playing opposite Peterson.  But he played OK, even better than OK.  Go figure.  Who knows which Cro will show up in NY

@JB_XAM: (1/4) From Jason Worilds: "I appreciate all of the interest from the organizations that have reached out to us the past few days.

@JB_XAM: (2/4)...With that being said, after much thought & consideration I have chosen to step away from football as I have opted to pursue other

@JB_XAM: (3/4) interests. I am especially grateful of the opportunity to play before some of the greatest fans in football today.

@JasonLaCanfora: Former Steelers pass rusher Jason Worilds is retiring from the game per a release by his agents. Several teams wanted him in free agency....

@JB_XAM: (1/4) From Jason Worilds: "I appreciate all of the interest from the organizations that have reached out to us the past few days.

@JB_XAM: (2/4)...With that being said, after much thought & consideration I have chosen to step away from football as I have opted to pursue other

@JB_XAM: (3/4) interests. I am especially grateful of the opportunity to play before some of the greatest fans in football today.

@JasonLaCanfora: Former Steelers pass rusher Jason Worilds is retiring from the game per a release by his agents. Several teams wanted him in free agency....

WOW! Did not see that coming.

This officially puts today in the Twilight Zone.  Unreal...

Whattttt.

UN-REAL.   I can understand Willis retiring. But it was out of left field...

But Locker?? annnnnd WORILDS?  Today is up there with one of the strangest days in recent NFL history. 

Dude said he had a spritual awakening? More like a vacation planned to visit Ricky Williams on the beach to smoke weed and eat chocolates  ...

LOL jk, i respect the decision.

WTF?!?' Wow, players keep stepping away from game while they feel they can with good health.

Archived