Free Agency Twitter Updates

DaBallhawk

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's Ryan Fitzpatrick, how high would that bidding process even go?

If it is more than his current deal then it is a problem, the bigger problem is not getting him if the jets decide he is the stop gap guy we want.  Sure let him go to the Bills or elsewhere we can always waste a year or revis and the boys on geno smith.  Hey I am not suggesting giving up anything of big value but I'd give up a 7th.

Ryan Fitzpatrick was horrible as bill . Some of you guys need to come back to earth. Yall are acting like its some Elite QB coming .

Sooner yall come to terms Geno will be the day 1 starter the Sooner you can get over the disappointment . Fitz will be there for when and if Geno falls on his face again .

What we've done this FA period qualifies as slow and steady?

I know I know. I felt weird writing it. It was more of a comment toward the previous three days where the Eagles were roaring and the Jets fans were crying foul due to the seeming non action. 

We went through the 3 day negotiating period nice and slow without yelling from the rooftops is more what I meant to say there. 

It could technically be seen as day 4 of the FA period so yes… yes I can say that. :D

I know I know. I felt weird writing it. It was more of a comment toward the previous three days where the Eagles were roaring and the Jets fans were crying foul due to the seeming non action. 

We went through the 3 day negotiating period nice and slow without yelling from the rooftops is more what I meant to say there. 

It could technically be seen as day 4 of the FA period so yes… yes I can say that. :biggrin:

okey dokey

Ryan Fitzpatrick was horrible as bill . Some of you guys need to come back to earth. Yall are acting like its some Elite QB coming .

Sooner yall come to terms Geno will be the day 1 starter the Sooner you can get over the disappointment . Fitz will be there for when and if Geno falls on his face again .

new front office and coach. geno was not their pick. if they have a real qb competition, fitz beats geno out 95 times out of 100. fitz is an average back up qb. geno is, well, geno

Really wished we went harder for Vereen.

Our offense would be looking great right now if we didn't resign our own jags.

Kerley and Powell or Harvin and Vereen

And the money is going to be very, very similar

What are you talking about?  Powell is getting $2M, Kerley $2.6M.  Shane Vereen's guarantee covers both their salaries for the season.  He got $12.35M for 3, $5M guaranteed.  The money will not be similar unless Harvin plays for free.

Poor Browns fans. Seems like they miss out on every FA. And then they lose other studs like Skrine, Sheard. All they get is an updated, stupid logo.

Skrine is a stud now?  What was he last week?

Who would even be bidding up the services for Fitz? The Browns and vikings? Fitz has worked with Chan before, Geno is awful and the FO is not tied to him like Minn is with Bridgewater and the Browns are with Manziel.

I don't think the Browns are tied to Manziel at all.

What are you talking about?  Powell is getting $2M, Kerley $2.6M.  Shane Vereen's guarantee covers both their salaries for the season.  He got $12.35M for 3, $5M guaranteed.  The money will not be similar unless Harvin plays for free.

Skrine is a stud now?  What was he last week?

I was referring to the studs on their team, their defense. I thought that was fairly obvious.

Called it. Mac familiar with him from time in Houston, Gailey familiar with him from time in Buffalo. Ranked the 5th smartest athlete in sports. Had a perfect score on the wonderlic test. Coming off a nice year, for 3 million as purely a stop gap? I **** with it. Now draft a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round to groom. Petty? Grayson? Hundley?

3 years under Chan Gailey in Buffalo

60% completion, 71 TDs, 54 INTs,

If our defense is as good as it looks on paper, we can win with this. 

Also, the weapons we have here are far and away better than what he had in Buffalo and arguably better than what he had in Houston for the games he was healthy last year.

Palatable, if nothing else, given so few options.

I guess its Cromartie & Gilchrist than off to the draft.

I'd really rather we pass on Cro and move on from him. He just isn't worth the amount of money he's looking for. And we're not desperate for a cornerback (said no Jets fan in the last few years, boy did that feel great).

Unless Geno implodes during training camp and pre season he will most likely be our QB. Fitz would be a prefect back up because his knowledge of the system. even if we got another QB, Futz would provide that experience for them.

Looking at the Cardinals model from a year ago, I can us as a 10 win team this season.   The key to me is the RB we add to this group .  Obviously we're either drafting an RB or signing someone else.  I would love to trade down from 6 and acquire mid round picks for some depth and grab a pass rusher rd 1, followed by Duke Johnson/Tevin Coleman/Langford in rd 2 or 3

Unless Geno implodes during training camp and pre season he will most likely be our QB. Fitz would be a prefect back up because his knowledge of the system. even if we got another QB, Futz would provide that experience for them.

I agree on all points

Archived