2015 Mets thread!

adb280z

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It just feels like we are playing a better team.  Their approach is perfect.  They just don't go down. 

Royals are very good, but I think the long break was the worst thing for the offense. The offense just looks awful. Terrible at bats against mediocre pitching. Last nights game might have been the series, we had a one run lead with one out and our dominating closer and we lost it.

If the Mets win game 3 and lose game 4 I still think they have a chance lol that's how good their pitching is. But you have to win game 3 with Noah on the hill, can't be down 0-3 and send Matz out there with that much pressure in what? His 9th start ever in the bigs?

I'm just happy we're getting out of that park. ******* hell that stadium man. Talk about home field advantage.

Yeah KC is definitely hungry especially after being so close last year. Those fans are going crazy. You mets fans better bring your A game to citi field!

Yeah KC is definitely hungry especially after being so close last year. Those fans are going crazy. You mets fans better bring your A game to citi field!

Silver lining is hopefully ticket prices drop a little bit. I'm flying in to hang out in Queens with some buds, hopefully can score some tickets. No chance in hell I'm paying $500 for SRO though. They dropped back down but they were up to over $700 before yesterday's game.

The best KC pitcher would be the #4 gun on the Mets, but they're decent hitters and aggressive base runners so we can't play 1-run seesaw again. 

Also, they're lucky; KC won their last two games on undeserved fluke "HRs". 

No more. Time to crop dust these frauds until it's over Nov 1.

The Frauds will win at least 1 game in NY.

Teams that beat the Frauds typically go up big early and keep piling up the runs.

I've been really impressed by the Royals SS Escobar, looks like a hell of a ballplayer

He's been around 7 or 8 seasons and in the AL no less so you should have seen him by now.  Basically nothing special with the bat...will hit around .260 can swipe 20 bases and play good defense.  Nothing special but everyone looks better in the post season...especially when their team is winning.

Royals are very good, but I think the long break was the worst thing for the offense. The offense just looks awful. Terrible at bats against mediocre pitching. Last nights game might have been the series, we had a one run lead with one out and our dominating closer and we lost it.

Lotta series left.  A win in game three and everyone's mindset changes.  It is amazing though how media and fans alike are spouting off on how great KC is when really, had Familia not got cute with the quick pitch crap we're looking at a 1-1 series and heading back to Queens.

The Frauds will win at least 1 game in NY.

Teams that beat the Frauds typically go up big early and keep piling up the runs.

LOL ... like the Mets never have games where every hit magically finds a hole and the other team's shots go directly to someone.

I agree they owned us yesterday, but the series should be tied 1-1 and the Royals - who struggled at times vs Toronto - might not even be here if it weren't for a gift call on another spurious HR that didn't leave the park.

Maybe the baseball Gods will straighten this out. Maybe the worst is yet to come for Syndergaard and Matz.

But if the Mets don't get some serious lumber on the ball they don't deserve to win. 

I still dont understand your basis for calling KC "frauds."  They won 95 games this year to the Mets' 90 wins. You say that they struggled against Toronto but Toronto was the best team in the AL.

KC has a bunch of 1st rounders on the field and have the best bullpen in baseball. 

The Mets have the advantage at startung pitching but they have yet to exploit that. The Mets cant win if their starters leave the game tied or down. The 90s Braves had the same problem.

They made their errors too. That is a notoriously tough field to play.

Also I always say this when I watch AL ball, but the DH is an abomination and needs to be done away with. Biggest crock of sh*t in sports.

The DH is awesome. You pay pitchers $100mil   but you give  them  an  easy out  every  couple of innings?   Ridiculous. Thats  like  forcing  NFL  teams to  play  their punter at QB  for a   series  every   quarter.

LOL ... like the Mets never have games where every hit magically finds a hole and the other team's shots go directly to someone.

I agree they owned us yesterday, but the series should be tied 1-1 and the Royals - who struggled at times vs Toronto - might not even be here if it weren't for a gift call on another spurious HR that didn't leave the park.

Maybe the baseball Gods will straighten this out. Maybe the worst is yet to come for Syndergaard and Matz.

But if the Mets don't get some serious lumber on the ball they don't deserve to win. 

Maybe the Royals are better and refuse to end the season 2nd best again? All the pressure is on the Mets.

The HR that didn't leave the park was an error on the Mets. So, game 1 loss is all on NY.

Never seen a Mets fan say Buckners error was the reason why they won the series. Weird.

Ugh, that was so deflating.  Sports are such a cruel mistress.

Man, they just didnt go down last night.  deGrom couldnt find the pitch.  They just battled and battled and hit everything!  We clearly didnt bring our bats to KC.  We cant even get productive outs.  If Wright and Cespedes cant get going at home, there is zero chance.  I'm not even putting Murhp up there because while he had a great run, its those 2 guys that make this offense tick.  And if they cant move runners over or get on base, the offense cant keep up with the Royals. 

Those 2 games really took the wind out of my sails.  It's feeling so sweepish right now, I'm sick.  

We have seen the offense go through streaks like this before. Pretty much the whole lineup is struggling right now. The end of the season against worse pitchers than this they were in this type of funk. If they can snap out of this offensive funk they are in, we still have the pitching to win this thing, but if we dont get out of it quickly we are done.

After the 2nd inning I knew we were in deep sh*t, and it affects the pitchers too because they see it too and think they need to be perfect, which is what happened to deGrom last night in the 4 run inning. He was pitching like one run would be the game and it hurt him.

We have a ton of feast or famine type hitters, and right now they are almost all famine, horrible timing. Lets hope they can turn it around at home, and the Royals bats cool off.

The DH is awesome. You pay pitchers $100mil   but you give  them  an  easy out  every  couple of innings?   Ridiculous.

You pay pitchers $100M but you excuse them from having to swing a bat? Same argument.

There's a pitcher on the mound and a pitcher at the plate. Which one deserves preferential treatment?

Thats  like  forcing  NFL  teams to  play  their punter at QB  for a   series  every   quarter.

That's a poor analogy.

Archived