2015 Mets thread!

adb280z

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cubs are 5 wins away from going to the World Series baby!   Oh if the mets face the Cubs in the NLCS im gonna root soooo hard for the cubs.

So f'n hard

Hey man, can you do us a favor and swap your Cubs avatar for a Royals one this week?  We need you rooting sooooo f'n hard against us again.  Thanks in advance.

Just finished watching 'The Imitation Game'. Great movie.  There's a line in there that's just so apropos of Murphy's  accomplishments this post season. 

"I think that sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine".

Cool movie, sad story. Great quote.

Hope the 4-day break doesn't disrupt Murpheus and the paranormal activity.

Nothing I can say that probably hasn't been said, I'll only offer a few points from being there:

1. I have never seen Wrigley, or any stadium, bumping to the degree that it was at the beginning of this game. I have also never seen a stadium get that quiet within half an inning.

2. Joe Maddon is all class. He came out after the game and was congratulating Mets fans.

3. Cubs fans started bailing after the eighth, in a gesture of kindness, Wrigley and the ushers started letting Mets fans down by the sections near the dugout at the top of the 9th. A sizable portion of nearby Cubs fans threw the most ridiculous hissy fit about it. "HOW CAN YOU LET THEM CELEBRATE ON OUR FIELD??"...yada yada yada. As if the Cubs were closing out the Mets at Shea, they wouldn't be trying to come down and cheer too. People complaining to the ushers about it, insulting us, it was just bizarre. The seats were empty and there's one inning left in the season, get bent.

4. The Mets fans in attendance, myself included, stayed really late going nuts for every player.

5. The player that interacted with the fans and talked the most? Wilmer. *******. Flores.

6. Terry Collins sprayed champagne on a bunch of us. I did not get sprayed. I am still upset about this.

7. That was without question the best live sports night of my life.

An experience you will probably never forget. Kewl.

Adam Rubin ESPN Staff Writer 

Who would the Mets be better off facing? I asked one veteran scout who has seen the Mets a ton. “I think the Mets match up better against the Blue Jays,” the NL scout said. “Power arms would expose the Jays’ power bats. I think the Royals’ lineup presents more challenges for the Mets. I also think the Royals’ experience of being there last year works to their benefit -- not gonna be overwhelmed by the big stage.”

Adam Rubin ESPN Staff Writer 

Who would the Mets be better off facing? I asked one veteran scout who has seen the Mets a ton. “I think the Mets match up better against the Blue Jays,” the NL scout said. “Power arms would expose the Jays’ power bats. I think the Royals’ lineup presents more challenges for the Mets. I also think the Royals’ experience of being there last year works to their benefit -- not gonna be overwhelmed by the big stage.”

The Royals are the best team in baseball. I really believe that. And we don't match up with them well at all, those guys don't strike out and they know how to work counts. They might have a hard time with our starters but they'll get to our bullpens which means I think we'd be leaning heavily on Tolo, Niese, Reed, and Clips.

(Is saying this so as not to jinx anything)

The Royals are the best team in baseball. I really believe that. And we don't match up with them well at all, those guys don't strike out and they know how to work counts. They might have a hard time with our starters but they'll get to our bullpens which means I think we'd be leaning heavily on Tolo, Niese, Reed, and Clips.

(Is saying this so as not to jinx anything)

Agreed fully.  The Royals will be favored, and rightfully so.

(Please, please, please let everyone including the Royals overlook us)

If the Mets play KC, it's really going to be a tale of two games.  The Mets have a huge advantage in SP, whereas it swings the opposite way when the teams get to their pens. 

The Royals were 66-4 when leading after the 5th inning.   The Mets would need to make sure to jump out to early leads against KC's (mostly pedestrian) SP's and get their own starters to work into the 7th with a multi-run lead in order to win the series.

Agreed fully.  The Royals will be favored, and rightfully so.

(Please, please, please let everyone including the Royals overlook us)

The Royals are sooooooo damn good.  The Mets are going to have to be perfect, in every aspect of the game. 

The Royals need to make the dance first.

Cueto has been either great or horrible and we should do damage against he rest of their staff. If Duda has his timing back and the lay-off doesn't cause him to go into another coma, our line-up is awesome.

The KC pen is great with Davis probably the best reliever in baseball so Terry needs to stretch Harvey, deGrom and Thor as far as they can go.

I really don't wanna see too much of Clippard and company.

Any word on Cespedes?

The Royals are sooooooo damn good.  The Mets are going to have to be perfect, in every aspect of the game. 

So were the Orioles in '69 and how'd that turnout. Let the games begin!  We were magic in '69. Nothing could stop us.  We have The Black Knight - Harvey, Thor  -Syn,

deGrom - Reed Richards, and Matz The Human Torch.  LETS GO METS!

If the Mets play KC, it's really going to be a tale of two games.  The Mets have a huge advantage in SP, whereas it swings the opposite way when the teams get to their pens. 

The Royals were 66-4 when leading after the 5th inning.   The Mets would need to make sure to jump out to early leads against KC's (mostly pedestrian) SP's and get their own starters to work into the 7th with a multi-run lead in order to win the series.

Mets starters pitch well through 6 innings like they've done throughout this postseason (for the most part), and KC won't have a chance.

Pitching and clutch hitting win in the PS, that's why Giants won 3 of 6 titles.  That's the Mets this year.  If the young guns don't pitch well then its a problem, but that hasn't happened.  The Mets starters put tremendous pressure on the opposing team because the starters think they have to pitch shutouts, the fielders think they have to be perfect and the hitters overreact to hittable pitches thinking those will be the only ones they'll get to hit.

The Mets have been the best team this postseason by far and I haven't seen anything that leads to a different conclusion in the WS.  It will be good to see the Mets win it all this year.  I was 14 yrs old in 1986 and it was a lot of fun to be in NYC then.

I thought it was pretty cool that Wright gave a lot of credit to guys like Mayberry and Ceciliani and the guys who kept the team at .500 through the break. Guys that maybe shouldn't have been logging starting time but they were asked to and they did their best while all of us laughed at them. Bottom line is they did enough to keep the team in a position to make a run in August and September.

So, uh, Hi. 

I was wrong about these Mets and their plans. I was wrong about Sandy. I was wrong about the way I thought the team should move forward. I made a bunch of foolish and short-sighted observations about the Mets franchise. Around 100 or so of those observations in this thread alone, I'd suspect, and I deserve any and all derision that comes my way. Not that I have any great import regarding the content of these threads, but I feel sh*tty about being a part of the chattering class at times. I am a pretty stoic guy for the most part, but I allow myself to be passionate about weird things like the Mets and Jets, and movies and the like--relatively trivial bullsh*t.

At times, this passion takes me to reactionary and silly places. With the Mets, this year, I've never been so happy to be so passionately wrong about something in my life. 

Anyway, by way of recompense to the members of this thread, to Sandy Alderson, and to help assuage the regret that I feel over losing faith in this team, I just made a $100 dollar donation to Wounded Warriors. I realize it's a weird way to acknowledge my earlier dickishness, but diverting some of that foolishness to help a worthy cause makes me feel less dopey. LGM.

don_zpszlm4iefl.jpg

So, uh, Hi. 

I was wrong about these Mets and their plans. I was wrong about Sandy. I was wrong about the way I thought the team should move forward. I made a bunch of foolish and short-sighted observations about the Mets franchise. Around 100 or so of those observations in this thread alone, I'd suspect, and I deserve any and all derision that comes my way. Not that I have any great import regarding the content of these threads, but I feel sh*tty about being a part of the chattering class at times. I am a pretty stoic guy for the most part, but I allow myself to be passionate about weird things like the Mets and Jets, and movies and the like--relatively trivial bullsh*t.

At times, this passion takes me to reactionary and silly places. With the Mets, this year, I've never been so happy to be so passionately wrong about something in my life. 

Anyway, by way of recompense to the members of this thread, to Sandy Alderson, and to help assuage the regret that I feel over losing faith in this team, I just made a $100 dollar donation to Wounded Warriors. I realize it's a weird way to acknowledge my earlier dickishness, but diverting some of that foolishness to help a worthy cause makes me feel less dopey. LGM.

don_zpszlm4iefl.jpg

Glad to see you back in the thread TS.

So, uh, Hi.

10 Hail Marys and 10 Our Fathers - you are absolved of your sins.

Insane stat:

Murphy has now collected more hits this postseason (16) than times he's swung and missed (12).

When a guy is that hot, you almost don't want to sit for a few days and relax, just get him back to the ballpark.

Congrats to you, I did not see a sweep of the Cubs coming, that was impressive, they are a legit team.

So, uh, Hi. 

That's very classy of you. It's nice to see you finally acknowledge the error of your ways.

That said...

COULDN'T YOU HAVE WAITED TO DO THIS UNTIL AFTER THE WORLD SERIES??? THEY'VE BEEN THRIVING SINCE YOU BAILED ON THIS THREAD! WHO SCREWS WITH WHAT'S WORKING?? COME ON!!!

Archived