Does The Revis Signing Give NE A More Vaild Tampering Claim And What Will It Cost Us ??

dunccfp

To penalize the Jets a draft pick while simultaneously sweeping deflategate under the rug might not be a good idea for the NFL.

The Pats can gft...  their SB is yet again tainted, they lost huge pieces of their D, and they're not getting anything from us on this frivolous charge.

although Woody probably regrets his words, i wouldn't be shocked if it costs us a late round pick. still....Who cares, Revis Island is back where he belongs.

Today, the franchise did something that we haven't seen in a long time and that's to reward and to hold onto  franchise players. Revis, Harris are Jets. nuff said

If the likes of Abraham, Johnson, Vilma ( i could go on...) would have been treated this way, the fate of this franchise may gave been different.

Goodell's relationship with Kraft worries me. Would not be surprised if we lose a pick, even #6. I think he is that biased to the cheatriots.

It's ironic to see pats fans crying over this.  They want our #6 and they're even saying that Goodell is Woody's buddy (huh?) so nothing will probably happen to us.  Hypocrites.  

At most a 3. Tampering cases are usually settled with mid round picks

Don't be ridiculous.

Don't get me wrong - Woody's comments in that press conference were 100% illegal, 100% tampering.  But it's 100% a fine (not a draft pick).  You lose a draft pick if you have illegal behind-the-scenes contact with an agent.  Not for making some stupid (illegal) public comments....

He'll probably be fined $100k - that would be my guess.

although Woody probably regrets his words, i wouldn't be shocked if it costs us a late round pick. still....Who cares, Revis Island is back where he belongs.

Today, the franchise did something that we haven't seen in a long time and that's to reward and to hold onto  franchise players. Revis, Harris are Jets. nuff said

If the likes of Abraham, Johnson, Vilma ( i could go on...) would have been treated this way, the fate of this franchise may gave been different.

We don't have a late round pick. Except round 7, which wouldn't happen. Goodell can't find us guilty of tampering for a $16M/year non-QB and then say the punishment is a 7th. Never know with today's NFL, but Goodell is more likely to say there was no tampering than say there was - for such a high profile player/signing - and make it such a slap on the wrist penalty.

Could be a pick next year I guess. Or he could take our 4th away (or higher) now. 

We don't have a late round pick. Except round 7, which wouldn't happen. Goodell can't find us guilty of tampering for a $16M/year non-QB and then say the punishment is a 7th. Never know with today's NFL, but Goodell is more likely to say there was no tampering than say there was - for such a high profile player/signing - and make it such a slap on the wrist penalty.

Could be a pick next year I guess. Or he could take our 4th away (or higher) now. 

So Woody saying 'i'd like to have Revis back' while under contract, with the Pats having to NOT PICK UP THE 2ND YEAR of this contract first is a 4th round draft pick offense, but every team who signed a player this weekend while no contract details were allowed to be discussed are off scot free? 

There will be no loss of draft picks unless there is some kind of evidence we don't know about. If you look at the disciplinary history related to tampering, a team has never lost draft picks for a slip of the lip, like what happened with Johnson. Losses of draft picks have all involved cases where there has been illegal communications between a team and another team's player or his representative. There's been no indication that happened here. But Pats fans can keep dreaming if that makes them happy.

So Woody saying 'i'd like to have Revis back' while under contract, with the Pats having to NOT PICK UP THE 2ND YEAR of this contract first is a 4th round draft pick offense, but every team who signed a player this weekend while no contract details were allowed to be discussed are off scot free? 

Not saying it will happen, but don't be shocked if it happens. Be angry, but don't be shocked.

He tampered with a division rival for a premiere player. Then that rival was unable to come to an agreement with him, and the player signed with us instead.

The best thing in our favor IMO is if it wasn't the Patriots we were in a bidding war with at the very end. (If it was Cleveland, or maybe Cleveland and another).  Then our argument is shut up Revis knew he wasn't taking NE's offer as soon as he saw some of the kookie deals for meh or merely good corners. Plus it's his last contract and unless they offered $50M guaranteed he was always going to make 100% sure that was the most he could get. That Revis was hitting FA no matter what when #2 corners and wideouts are getting new 8-figure/year contracts.

But that's great for us to say here. In reality, Goodell is the one holding the gavel and for all we know Kraft was the one who led the charge to protect him when the Ray Rice crap hit the news and everyone thought Goodell would/should be fired. The guy freaking destroyed incriminating evidence for the Pats for chrissake and then let them get away with cheating yet again. Just saying, it's an uphill battle.

And don't forget this isn't Woody's first offense. Goodell just gave him a warning a year ago for tampering with the Eagles. Hopefully it's nothing (or a fine, which is nothing).

We need that agent from the Matrix to erase Woody's mouth like he did to Keanu.

Archived