2nd Busiest Posting Day Of All Time

Maxman

Congrats! I think the server started crapping out around 4pm though. It was starting me back on page 1 of threads via mobile device and if wasn't keeping track of my progress.

I put the server in performance mode which eliminated some functionality. Was just a cc precaution because there was like 1,200 people in the forums at once.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Max, don't rest on your laurels.  Word has it that there is a an original Model T (Scout JI) all gussied up and poised to pass you.  Those 20 posts about the Revis signing should chill you to your core.

Well done, Max.  You'll always be the guy who made the right decision when Scout came a callin'. 

Chad Pennington came back with the Dolphins and won the division that day. This place was flooded with new Dolphin posters lol a very depressing day in Jets history. Quite the opposite of yesterday.

Oh wow.

Really?  Truth is we are paying about 1 million dollars a year more than you guys did for one year.  We play in a division with probably best QB in league.  Just makes sense to have the best CB in the game.  Cap go's up every year.  Suck it.

You should have put down the dounuts during math class in junior high school and paid attention.

The correct math is the Jets are paying Revis $3MM MORE per year over the next 3 years than the Pats paid him.  All that money is guaranteed.  Revis will never see a dime of year 4 and 5:

Here are the ridiculous numbers on Darrelle Revis's new Jets contract

Now that the Jets have done the unthinkable by bringing back all-world cornerback Darrelle Revis, let's have a look at Revis's contract, which is far and away a record-setter for an NFL cornerback.

A person with knowledge of the situation confirmed to NJ Advance Media the terms of Revis's new deal. That person spoke on condition of anonymity.

Guaranteed money: $39 million

Max length: 5 years

Max value: $70 million

And that $39 million is fully guaranteed, which means Revis will collect it no matter what; it's not just guaranteed for injury. Many NFL contracts go year-to-year on full guarantees. But not Revis's. A player who spent the last two years betting on himself from year to year now has signed on for a hefty multi-year commitment with lots of built-in security.

The person with knowledge of the contract also confirmed Revis would get $16 million in base pay this year, $17 million in 2016, and $15 million in 2017. The next-highest-paid corner in 2015, according to overthecap.com, is the Cardinals' Patrick Peterson, who's due to make $11.7 million this season.

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2015/03/the_numbers_on_darrelle_reviss_contract_are_ridicu.html

You should have put down the dounuts during math class in junior high school and paid attention.

The correct math is the Jets are paying Revis $3MM MORE per year over the next 3 years than the Pats paid him.  All that money is guaranteed.  Revis will never see a dime of year 4 and 5:

Now that the Jets have done the unthinkable by bringing back all-world cornerback Darrelle Revis, let's have a look at Revis's contract, which is far and away a record-setter for an NFL cornerback.

A person with knowledge of the situation confirmed to NJ Advance Media the terms of Revis's new deal. That person spoke on condition of anonymity.

And that $39 million is fully guaranteed, which means Revis will collect it no matter what; it's not just guaranteed for injury. Many NFL contracts go year-to-year on full guarantees. But not Revis's. A player who spent the last two years betting on himself from year to year now has signed on for a hefty multi-year commitment with lots of built-in security.

The person with knowledge of the contract also confirmed Revis would get $16 million in base pay this year, $17 million in 2016, and $15 million in 2017. The next-highest-paid corner in 2015, according to overthecap.com, is the Cardinals' Patrick Peterson, who's due to make $11.7 million this season.

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2015/03/the_numbers_on_darrelle_reviss_contract_are_ridicu.html

I'm only going to say this one last time.  I heard it on ESPN last night.  Regardless of anything he is worth every penny when you have to play Brady twice a year at the least.  

What did you say?

Last night during the FA frenzy show on ESPN the chick said that the Revis deal had us paying about 1 million more a year than the Patriots did.  The Cheatriot fans here insist on braking our balls.  Like we can;t just be happy with the moves we make.  Gonna start knocking them off pretty soon.  Real soon.  

I'm only going to say this one last time.  I heard it on ESPN last night.  Regardless of anything he is worth every penny when you have to play Brady twice a year at the least.  

If you take the contract out over the 5 year period, then ESPN is correct.

However, Revis will never see anything from the final 2 years.

What the Jets have really paid, and also guaranteed, was $39MM over 3 years.

We had right around 4,000 posts here on Tuesday, I checked real quick and it looks like it was the 2nd busiest posting day of all time.  We were just short of December 28, 2008. I didn't look that day up to see what went on that day.

But there is certainly no shortage of things to talk about. Welcome home Revis. Thanks Mike Maccagnan - you are off to a good start.  

Thanks to everyone who posts here, the conversations have been great. Everyone has been getting along pretty well. So much easier now that Rex and Idzik are gone!   :)

congrats, you have MORE than earned it Phil :)

Last night during the FA frenzy show on ESPN the chick said that the Revis deal had us paying about 1 million more a year than the Patriots did. The Cheatriot fans here insist on braking our balls. Like we can;t just be happy with the moves we make. Gonna start knocking them off pretty soon. Real soon.

Heh heh it takes a lot to get you pissy

If you take the contract out over the 5 year period, then ESPN is correct.

However, Revis will never see anything from the final 2 years.

What the Jets have really paid, and also guaranteed, was $39MM over 3 years.

Like i said.  That is what I heard. 

Chad Pennington came back with the Dolphins and won the division that day. This place was flooded with new Dolphin posters lol a very depressing day in Jets history. Quite the opposite of yesterday.

It wasn't that bad of a day. We were already eliminated and if we beat the Dolphins, the Patriots win the division. Favre is driving at the end of the game and purposefully throws a pick 6 to allow the Dolphins to win. Patriots eliminated, we get a higher draft pick and Chad goes 1 and done in the playoffs.

It wasn't that bad of a day. We were already eliminated and if we beat the Dolphins, the Patriots win the division. Favre is driving at the end of the game and purposefully throws a pick 6 to allow the Dolphins to win. Patriots eliminated, we get a higher draft pick and Chad goes 1 and done in the playoffs.

Were you here dealing with all the dolphin trolls that night after that game? That's what I was referring to. The circumstances of having a division rival win the division in your own house isn't reall a happy xp.

Were you here dealing with all the dolphin trolls that night after that game? That's what I was referring to. The circumstances of having a division rival win the division in your own house isn't reall a happy xp.

I remember that game well.

I was a huge Jets fan that day and they f'd me over by losing to the Phins at home.

At least it was for only one year, for you guys, it's been a whole lot of years.

We had right around 4,000 posts here on Tuesday, I checked real quick and it looks like it was the 2nd busiest posting day of all time.  We were just short of December 28, 2008. I didn't look that day up to see what went on that day.

But there is certainly no shortage of things to talk about. Welcome home Revis. Thanks Mike Maccagnan - you are off to a good start.  

Thanks to everyone who posts here, the conversations have been great. Everyone has been getting along pretty well. So much easier now that Rex and Idzik are gone!   :)

Congrats, just wait until we get closer to the draft and then opening day... new records will be set.   

I don't appreciate this.

There are 800 other threads for this stuff. I don't need Patriots fans hijacking a feel good thread on JetNation.

Congrats, just wait until we get closer to the draft and then opening day... new records will be set.   

Definitely agree. Hopefully the Jets set some records on the field as well!  :)

Funny. I registered here 10 years ago and I made this my home this offseason after JI burned to the ground. Perfect timing, I'm glad I witnessed this terrific offseason here so far and can't wait for the season to begin.

Freaking Ditto

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

Nah, we are going to hang on a little longer. With our new lead blocker (Scout.com) we should be able to set some rushing records this season. :)

gameday threads are gonna be silly. Just got new curvy sexy like a potatoe chip television. Gonna get Sunday ticket and snacks. Woooohooooo

Archived