The Irishman Has Rebuilt the Secondary in Less Than Week

jmat321

This is not Trader Mike signing every idiot who went to 1 Pro Bowl. This was a concentrated effort to rebuild the most important part of a defense in the modern NFL with VETERAN TALENT. Happy St Patrick's day Mike, I tip my glass to you!

I had my quips about Idzik, but I recall making the argument that IN ADDITION to his frugality to just take the "Cap Hit Purge" in one shot, last year's FA class SUCKED BALLS. That's why the Giants are morons for signing DRC. Last year was the 2010 draft which sucked and Idzik possibly recognized that as well. Save your sheckles for the '15 offseason because that's the 2011 draft and its STACKED & reap the talented players it yielded and are now hitting the market.

This is the first class from the new 2011 CBA to hit FA. The cream of that draft class have had their 5th year option exercised by their team (Mo) or already extended (JJ Watt). Yet others drafted in later rounds are now starting to hit their stride and getting paid market rates for their "burgeoning talent"

So, whether intentional or not by the previous GM, it is rather grand & awesome timing to have this much $$$ in cap space with this particularly rich draft and be able, NAY MUST, to spend and address EVERY team need & weakness AND STILL HAVE THE DRAFT to further enrich our suddenly talented coffers.

We still have R. Graves - Izzy's RHM - still running contracts.

We're in VERY GOOD HANDS, gentlemen. Enjoy the ride in 2015

I had my quips about Idzik, but I recall making the argument that IN ADDITION to his frugality to just take the "Cap Hit Purge" in one shot, last year's FA class SUCKED BALLS. That's why the Giants are morons for signing DRC. Last year was the 2010 draft which sucked and Idzik possibly recognized that as well. Save your sheckles for the '15 offseason because that's the 2011 draft and its STACKED & reap the talented players it yielded and are now hitting the market.

This is the first class from the new 2011 CBA to hit FA. The cream of that draft class have had their 5th year option exercised by their team (Mo) or already extended (JJ Watt). Yet others drafted in later rounds are now starting to hit their stride and getting paid market rates for their "burgeoning talent"

So, whether intentional or not by the previous GM, it is rather grand & awesome timing to have this much $$$ in cap space with this particularly rich draft and be able, NAY MUST, to spend and address EVERY team need & weakness AND STILL HAVE THE DRAFT to further enrich our suddenly talented coffers.

Nice thoughts-

I'm really surprised that he's wasting all the resources on something with such low positional value as secondary. Idzik had it right, leave it too injury prone rookies, unproven second year players and journeymen with personality disorders. 

Just pocket that cash

like-a-boss.jpg

Completely agree with all of this. According to anyone with any knowledge of the NFL this years free agency had more good players than any free agency period in the HISTORY OF FREE AGENCY!

Go back & look at the list. It was insane how many players were available. Not only the free agents but it seems he knew there were going to be massive big name cuts & teams looking to trade players to get under the cap.

The rebuilding of the secondary might go down as the greatest reconstruction of an entire area of a team in one year ever by any team.

They also had a plan & were plucking guys that had specific skill sets that matched what Bowles likes to do on defense.

Skrine (good fast nickel player), Gilchrist (better at FS but with CB skills), Revis & Cro are no brainers but just the fact that he coached Cro last year makes his transition back to NY easy as hell.

Then they also put a cherry on top by trading for Brandon Marshall for a 5th! Signed Carpenter to strengthen the guard spot.

Resigning Pace & Babin in case they don't land an OLB in the draft.

Just an amazing off season so far!

Imagine a draft of Fowler, DGB & Duke Johnson and a MLB to push Harris? Damn.

Archived