Randy Gregory Failed Marijuana Drug Test at Combine

BroadwayJets

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have never met a weed 'addict' in my life

Clearly, that settles it. Seriously, I don't think you quite understand how this whole "science" thing works. If scientists went by the things you have never seen in your life, 99% of the things on this planet wouldn't exist. Soap, books, trees, dogs, toothbrushes, toilet paper, the list goes on. It doesn't work that way unfortunately. I'm not sure if you're just arguing for the sake of not admitting you're wrong or if you're just really that stupid that you'd think Science needs you to determine whether things exist.

Clearly, that settles it. Seriously, I don't think you quite understand how this whole "science" thing works. If scientists went by the things you have never seen in your life, 99% of the things on this planet wouldn't exist. Soap, books, trees, dogs, toothbrushes, toilet paper, the list goes on. It doesn't work that way unfortunately. I'm not sure if you're just arguing for the sake of not admitting you're wrong or if you're just really that stupid that you'd think Science needs you to determine whether things exist.

why wouldn't dogs exist?

McShay's latest mock has us grabbing him at #6

Analysis: The Jets could take Kevin White in this scenario, as he'd bolster their receiving corps opposite Brandon Marshall and Eric Decker, but Gregory is a really good fit here. I don't think the recent news of his positive marijuana test is going to affect his stock all that much. He'd had positive tests in college, so it was already a known issue with him, and he's the top pure edge rusher in this class. His lean frame and inability to put on and/or keep weight is a concern, but he's a terror coming off the edge with his explosive first-step quickness and length, and he's stronger than you'd expect for someone his size. In the Jets' talented front seven, he'd be set loose at a 3-4 outside linebacker to get after the quarterback, which is his strength.

He'd had positive tests in college, so it was already a known issue with him

Happened in college and before the combine and now he says that was the past.  The past was a month ago!!   Maybe in the teens I would grab him but at #6 we should pass.  Why take the chance.  If you wnato take take a chance might as well select or trade up for Mariota.

He'd had positive tests in college, so it was already a known issue with him

Happened in college and before the combine and now he says that was the past.  The past was a month ago!!   Maybe in the teens I would grab him but at #6 we should pass.  Why take the chance.  If you wnato take take a chance might as well select or trade up for Mariota.

I don't care on a personal level if he smokes.  I don't care if he is addicted.

I think he is a moron.  Total moron.  You are going in for the job interview of a lifetime.   Literally millions can be made or lost.  You KNOW you can be tested, and you smoke anyway?  How F'n dumb do you have to be?  I mean, how profoundly stupid?

I don't want to pay someone that dumb that much money, even if there were no alternatives available.  Don't even mention Warren Sapp, he was smart enough to pee clean at the combine.

I think he is a moron.  Total moron.  You are going in for the job interview of a lifetime.   Literally millions can be made or lost.  You KNOW you can be tested, and you smoke anyway?  How F'n dumb do you have to be?  I mean, how profoundly stupid?

I don't want to pay someone that dumb that much money, even if there were no alternatives available.  Don't even mention Warren Sapp, he was smart enough to pee clean at the combine.

this sums it up perfectly.   it's not about the weed, it's about the decision making.

wrt weed in general, this is a union/CBA issue not a Goodell issue.   If the NFLPA wants weed to be legal then they should negotiate that in the CBA, not bitch about it after the fact. 

How awesome would it be to get Gregory at 37 after getting Cooper or Sherff at 6

I don't think the Jets would pull the trigger @ 37 either. You've got a veteran lockerroom with Revis, Mangold, Brick etc trying to teach these young guys responsibility, putting team 1st(no Revis on this one! Ha!)

I just don't think Woody, Bowles(Disciplinarian) or MacDaddy want the distraction.

He didn't sound very contrite afterward either saying that "NFL teams were aware of him failing MULTIPLE tests in college." Sounds like another Josh Gordon to me.

I would draft a player from Kentucky in the first round for ANYTHING. It is a basketball school for a reason. Name me ONE impact player that EVER came from there.

Dewayne Robertson was an impact player just a negative one.

Why are players from Ky always so overrated in the draft? Is it because of all the media in Lexington there to cover the basketball team they just put too much attention on whatever player the football team has?

He didn't sound very contrite afterward either saying that "NFL teams were aware of him failing MULTIPLE tests in college." Sounds like another Josh Gordon to me.

He's not even good. 7 friggin sacks last season in college. The only edge rushers jets fans are arguing over that actually produced in college are Beasley and Ray.

Archived