Randy Gregory Failed Marijuana Drug Test at Combine

BroadwayJets

Did your buddy tell you that?

Lack of self control is not a 'disease' or an 'addiction'. It's a lazy argument that lets people off the hook.

FTR, I think everything should be legal. But I guess that makes me an Anarchist or something.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too bad I was really hoping he would get picked top 5.  Worst prospect out of the top tier olbs before getting pot busted by the league.

I was hoping the same thing.  I like Beasley and Fowler and someone that may have taken Gregory in the top 5 may now take one of those two.

Lack of self control is not a 'disease' or an 'addiction'. It's a lazy argument that lets people off the hook.

FTR, I think everything should be legal. But I guess that makes me an Anarchist or something.

Those aren't facts, it's probably more something you believe to be true. Of course weed can be addictive. Saying otherwise is just absurd.

Those aren't facts, it's probably more something you believe to be true. Of course weed can be addictive. Saying otherwise is just absurd.

Where did you learn about pot? Reefer Madness? 

Where did you learn about pot? Reefer Madness? 

Is marijuana addictive?

No one would argue that marijuana is as addictive as alcohol or cocaine. However, it's wrong to say that it is not at all addictive. More and more studies are finding that marijuana has addictive properties. Both animal and human studies show physical and psychological withdrawal symptoms from marijuana, including irritability, restlessness, insomnia, nausea and intense dreams. Tolerance to marijuana also builds up rapidly. Heavy users need 8 times higher doses to get the same effects as infrequent users.

For a small percentage of people who use it, marijuana can be highly addictive. It is estimated that 10% to 14% of users will become heavily dependent. In 2006 marijuana was responsible for 16% of all admissions to treatment facilities in the U.S. Because the consequences of marijuana use can be subtle and insidious, it is more difficult to recognize signs of addiction. Cultural and societal beliefs that marijuana cannot be addictive make it less likely for people to seek help or to get support for quitting.

http://www.brown.edu/Student_Services/Health_Services/Health_Education/alcohol,_tobacco,_&_other_drugs/marijuana.php#6

I'm still waiting for you to come up with some sort of facts to backup your fictional stories. Feel free to chip in. Leave out the made up stories though, we've heard enough of those from you. And the cartoons won't cut it, either. Thanks.

Different eras dude. Goodell doesn't let these guys play anymore for this sh*t. It's not worth it. Look at Gordon and Blackmon. The pot is not the issue. It's the suspensions that come with it.

True, my poitn was that we'll pass for pot rumors and he'll go on to be a HOF player... #JetWay

im guessing 33.333333333333333333333333333333333% of the posters here would fail that same test

yes, but it's not my fault. I was addicted like 5 years ago and I don't think my body has cleared it yet

im guessing 33.333333333333333333333333333333333% of the posters here would fail that same test

yes, but it's not my fault. I was addicted like 5 years ago and I don't think my body has cleared it yet

Maybe if you spot checked them now, but if you told them that if they passed a drug test in 3 months they'd get millions of dollars how many would it be?

Did you grow up in the US?

I have never met a weed 'addict' in my life, and neither have you. slats is right, you sound like someone who gets their info from movies like Reefer Madness.

There's also no such thing as a 'Gateway Drug'. I mean that sincerely, but I also want to see if your head explodes.

Did you grow up in the US?

I have never met a weed 'addict' in my life, and neither have you. slats is right, you sound like someone who gets their info from movies like Reefer Madness.

There's also no such thing as a 'Gateway Drug'. I mean that sincerely, but I also want to see if your head explodes.

This is just as naive as the converse is.

Archived