TV Series (Opinions, Recommendations, Flaming, etc) ***BEWARE POSSIBLE SPOILERS***

After Sopranos The Wire is the greatest tv show ever.

I cannot say that. The last few seasons it went from being a 'must see' to 'must see if  you have some time'. The divorce and the spec house and the problems of the kid growing up and the never ending dreams with Annette Benning, just made me hope it would end sooner than later.

If you don't watch Daredevil you don't deserve a penis.

Watched a few episodes tonight, enjoyed them. Very wellmade. Though Fulton from Mighty Ducks is a bit annoying. Never been a comic guy, never liked super hero movies other than Nolan's Batmans. Watched because I liked Charlie Cox in Boardwalk Empire and I've seen them filming constantly in Hells Kitchen. 

Watched a few episodes tonight, enjoyed them. Very wellmade. Though Fulton from Mighty Ducks is a bit annoying. Never been a comic guy, never liked super hero movies other than Nolan's Batmans. Watched because I liked Charlie Cox in Boardwalk Empire and I've seen them filming constantly in Hells Kitchen.

Except you. You don't deserve a penis no matter what you watch.

I cannot say that. The last few seasons it went from being a 'must see' to 'must see if you have some time'. The divorce and the spec house and the problems of the kid growing up and the never ending dreams with Annette Benning, just made me hope it would end sooner than later.

First 3 seasons the sopranos was in its prime and the best tv show ever. The last couple seasons it wasn't as good but still excellent for the most part.

Wire only had 5 seasons. Most shows jump the shark after 4-5 seasons they run out of ideas.

true, it's amazing how many good shows ruin thier legacy a bit by hanging on so long. One reason why wire and BB seem to have avoided it

I might be the only person who watches it but I find, "Grimm" to be very interesting and entertaining.  One of my all time favorites.

I've seen them filming out in Portland, and apparently I was sitting by the main dude at a bar one night. I had no idea, but the girls I was with knew. I've never made time to check out the show.

I've seen them filming out in Portland, and apparently I was sitting by the main dude at a bar one night. I had no idea, but the girls I was with knew. I've never made time to check out the show.

Love the show.  Watched it week to week since it started.  If it ever hits Netflix would be a fun one to binge on.  

twin peaks.. lynch left for a bit i think in season 2, and it was generally sh*t during that time, but outside of that lull.. some great tv

it's supposedly coming back but they are fighting about money

That show fascinated me, and I love a lot of Lynch's work, but I'll be damned if I can figure half of the weird sh*t he comes up with. 

I'm going to rewatch this when I get a chance - 

http://www.amazon.com/Twin-Peaks-Entire-Mystery-Blu-ray/dp/B00KCTG4PO/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1428947432&sr=1-1&keywords=twin+peaks+the+entire+mystery

Not sure why no one's mentioned this yet, but two episodes into the final Mad Men season and it's looking like Weiner saved his best for last. The last two episodes have been classic first season Mad Men.

Also, GoT season premier was kind of blah other than the Tyrion and Varys scenes. Daenerys being Daenerys is starting to become annoying, and would be complete fodder if she didn't look like she does. I'm excited to see what happens to Jon after he went against Stannis by putting Mance out of his misery, and equally excited to see the most kick-ass Stark left (Arya).

Lastly, the True Detective trailers for season two preceding GoT:

can-t-wait-o.gif

Not sure why no one's mentioned this yet, but two episodes into the final Mad Men season and it's looking like Weiner saved his best for last. The last two episodes have been classic first season Mad Men.

Also, GoT season premier was kind of blah other than the Tyrion and Varys scenes. Daenerys being Daenerys is starting to become annoying, and would be complete fodder if she didn't look like she does. I'm excited to see what happens to Jon after he went against Stannis by putting Mance out of his misery, and equally excited to see the most kick-ass Stark left (Arya).

can-t-wait-o.gif

can-t-wait-o.gif

Disagree about MM.  It's a great-looking show but not much really happens spare the styles changing. And NOBODY is having sex with a 1970s greasy spoon employee midshift nor afterward. You stank of overwhelming friolator grease, and there was nothing sexy about it.

Think this is new.. David Chase breaking down the final Soprano's scene.. Interesting read

http://www.dga.org/Craft/DGAQ/All-Articles/1502-Spring-2015/Shot-to-Remember-The-Sopranos.aspx

Good link. I never saw his rationale for the final scene. Still, I think he's the biggest pseduo intellectual stooge in modern television. He had created such an iconic series and he blew that final episode to the point where I think he tarnished the whole series. Maybe that's unfair but you only get one shot at a first impression and a last impression and that finale ******* sucked balls.

Good link. I never saw his rationale for the final scene. Still, I think he's the biggest pseduo intellectual stooge in modern television. He had created such an iconic series and he blew that final episode to the point where I think he tarnished the whole series. Maybe that's unfair but you only get one shot at a first impression and a last impression and that finale ******* sucked balls.

I kinda like my finales to have some sense of closure, one of my favorite series finales was six feet under partly for that reason..

I kinda like my finales to have some sense of closure, one of my favorite series finales was six feet under partly for that reason..

Exactly. Something, anything. What he did in the scene was decide he was going to literally just stop filming...and this interview says pretty clearly "I just wanted to **** with the viewership, and I did..and you can all suck it"

Disagree about MM.  It's a great-looking show but not much really happens spare the styles changing. And NOBODY is having sex with a 1970s greasy spoon employee midshift nor afterward. You stank of overwhelming friolator grease, and there was nothing sexy about it.

1) LOL.

2) He's tryna compensate for "missing his flight" with Rachel Menken by doin the faintly resembling "greasy spoon employee" in the back of a diner. 

Side note: Bangin a chick up against a brick wall cannot be pleasant for the chick's back. 

Exactly. Something, anything. What he did in the scene was decide he was going to literally just stop filming...and this interview says pretty clearly "I just wanted to **** with the viewership, and I did..and you can all suck it"

Best/Worst Series finale ever could be a good thread..

Since Netflix has been around I've watched a ridiculous amount of TV, i spent my late teens and 20's never turning it on

1) LOL.

2) He's tryna compensate for "missing his flight" with Rachel Menken by doin the faintly resembling "greasy spoon employee" in the back of a diner.

Side note: Bangin a chick up against a brick wall cannot be pleasant for the chick's back.

Who gives a sh*t how she feels? Eh?

Best/Worst Series finale ever could be a good thread..

Since Netflix has been around I've watched a ridiculous amount of TV, i spent my late teens and 20's never turning it on

Yeah my wife is already sick of the Apple TV in my life. I watch like one hour a day if I can, and it's at like 9pm and she swears my brothers and I are obsessed with TV. I guess with the new baby sleep is a luxury. Netflix is addicting though. So is HBO go and showtime go.

Yeah my wife is already sick of the Apple TV in my life. I watch like one hour a day if I can, and it's at like 9pm and she swears my brothers and I are obsessed with TV. I guess with the new baby sleep is a luxury. Netflix is addicting though. So is HBO go and showtime go.

Yep have hbo and showtime, plus xfinity has a ton of content.. not to mention all the stuff you get with Amazon Prime..

I watch it when I do cardio and when I go to bed, probably a solid 1.5 hrs a day for the last 3 years (more if the show is great, I watch entire GOT season in a single weekend).. it adds up quickly. I just finished Daredevil and was looking for something new to watch and was laughing about just how much of it I've seen already

Yep have hbo and showtime, plus xfinity has a ton of content.. not to mention all the stuff you get with Amazon Prime..

I watch it when I do cardio and when I go to bed, probably a solid 1.5 hrs a day for the last 3 years (more if the show is great, I watch entire GOT season in a single weekend).. it adds up quickly. I just finished Daredevil and was looking for something new to watch and was laughing about just how much of it I've seen already

Bro cardio is genius. I just got my motivation back.

I once jogged the entire last samurai movie on. Treadmill after I got back from hiking Colorado. I haven't been anything near that fit since.